Disposal Bin 05/22/2010 09:18 PM CDT
Ever since the mana storms, the area in front of the warmage guild has gone from great to terrible. Now, most warmies hang out just south of the guild. Yet, the disposal guild remains firmly in front of the guild - mostly unused. I'd like to recommend that it be moved one spot south so that folks who are foraging or opening boxes have a place to put their trash without cluttering up the room.
Re: Disposal Bin 05/23/2010 12:21 AM CDT
suggestion:
remove disposal bin
have elementals go ballistic on people caught littering around the guild

Tekemi exclaims, "It's practically a smorgasbord out here!"
Tekemi says to Tokomi, "You're the prime rib, of course."
Re: Disposal Bin 05/23/2010 12:44 AM CDT
>have elementals go ballistic on people caught littering around the guild

No, have Gauthus.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: Disposal Bin 05/23/2010 01:01 AM CDT
Giant venomous spider familiars, that go berserk... a cell under the ground. Strip em of all weapons of armor, and keep them in there ten minutes for every piece of litter. Make it so.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Disposal Bin 05/23/2010 03:00 AM CDT
the cell's already in place- any guilded non-wm can go there by continually trying to go up the stairs univited
i could take gauthus
better idea, have the ground swallow the litter and litterer and bury them in their own rubbish-

*As the last glimpse of light disappears, you realize it was your own xxxx that sealed your fate and causes the pile to come crashing down on you.
An earth elemental fades into view and whispers in your ear, 'Don't Mess with Elanthia!'

Tekemi exclaims, "It's practically a smorgasbord out here!"
Tekemi says to Tokomi, "You're the prime rib, of course."
Re: Disposal Bin 05/26/2010 03:57 AM CDT
Maybe Gauthus can modify EarthSense so that (as a side effect) when it is cast, all rubbish is absorbed into the earth and its mass is converted into a boost in Elemental Mana.

(What's scary is that I can't tell if I'm joking or not....lol)
Re: Disposal Bin 05/26/2010 04:44 AM CDT
Whoa! I just had a revelation. I don't use the the stone seat cantrip very often, but I thought of a way to make it more useful. What if we rolled it into a new form (or created a new cantrip altogether) called Stone Bucket? (see below)

>> prep can stone bucket
You are now prepared to cast the Stone Bucket cantrip.

>> gest
You gesture at the ground. Immediately the earth shifts and heaves for a few moments. When the movement subsides, you notice that the earth and stones have formed themselves into the shape of a bucket.

>> put my grass in bucket
You drop your grass into a stone bucket.

>> look in bucket
In the stone bucket you see some grass.

>> tap bucket
You tap the stone bucket and it melts into the ground. A moment later it reforms again, but the contents have mysteriously vanished.

>> look in bucket
The stone bucket is empty.

>> gest bucket
You gesture at a stone bucket and it quickly dissolves into the ground without a trace.

Basically, Stone Bucket creates a portable, public, rubbish bin anywhere a mage sees fit. It's duration can be based on PM and Arcana and anyone would be able to drop items into it (but only war mages could empty it by tapping it or destroy it by gesturing). Also, there would be some timer on the emptying to prevent spamming (1 or 2 minutes). Alternatively, it could auto-empty like a regular bin, but it would be more fun it if it was interactive. Also, only one bucket could be formed in a room at a time, but it would be compatible with Pattern Hues. I'm sure we could add in some checks to prevent abuse, by only allowing items of a certain type or value to be placed inside (ie. forageables, braids, broken items, things less than 100 copper Kronars). Also, the Title is up for suggestions, too. It could be Stone Well, Mud Hole, Earthen Abyss.... something involving earth and a receptacle.

So what do you think? Is this cantrip every warmage's dream come true since the mana storms left us bin-less? Maybe not, but it can certainly fill a niche! No longer shall we be tied to the rubbish bins of the lands! Never again will we be frustrated by the lack of trash receptacles in the good mana rooms! FROM NOW ON WE WAR MAGES SHALL FORAGE, BRAID, AND CONQUER IN ANY ROOM WE SEE FIT!! HUZZAH!

::: Cheers erupt from the crowd! :::

Hmmm?? Oh, sorry, I was day dreaming again. Sometimes I let my imagination get the best of me!

But seriously... any thoughts?
Re: Disposal Bin 05/26/2010 08:56 AM CDT
>Stone Bucket

Can we say third-tier Earth cantrip? Woo! I don't generally make much use of buckets due to having written flashpoint into most of my foraging scripts, but if this bucket would have less (or preferably no) RT associated with tapping (to destroy the items), then I would love it.

- Fuquois

Board Villainy is a lost art.
Re: Disposal Bin 05/26/2010 10:36 PM CDT
>> if this bucket would have less (or preferably no) RT associated with tapping (to destroy the items), then I would love it.

The idea is that you could fill it up just like the trash bin outside the WM guild. Then, the bucket would reach a limit on the number of items and be 'full', at which point a WM would have to 'tap' it to empty it. (I was thinking of a limit of 50 or 100 items... or maybe a limit based on PM/Arcana skill). Alternatively, it could function just like a regular bucket and empty itself every 2-3 minutes. Since the bucket would only have to be emptied occasionally, a short roundtime involved with Tapping wouldn't be nearly as burdensome as the RT the comes with each use of Flashpoint.
Re: Disposal Bin 06/02/2010 08:57 PM CDT
Correction to my earlier post: it should read that the mana has gone from great to terrible.

My apologies for any confusion

character: Kallissa
Re: Disposal Bin 06/03/2010 03:54 PM CDT
A message was hidden.

Please take conflicts to the appropriate folder.

Keep this topic constructive or it is getting shut down.

Wordan
DragonRealms Board Monitor

If you have any questions or comments, please contact me at MOD-Wordan@play.net or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl at DR-Annwyl@play.net