Item idea 01/25/2010 09:34 PM CST
So, I've been mulling it over, and this seems like an easy thing to implement.

I've been tired of carrying around all sorts of talismans, so what if we had a worn item, like a baldric, or belt, or chain, that you could insert talismans into? Not like a container, where you have to fetch the item again. But something that had several slots open, that revel the talisman to the open. This could provide easy access to reach out and touch each individual talisman to summon/command without actually having to scour your inventory for the wanted talisman.

a tooled leather talisman baldric

>summ panther
You reach your hand across your baldric and find your panther talisman. You press your fingers forcefully against the talisman and concentrate on summoning your panther.

After a moment's silence a russet panther appears and glances up at you expectantly.

Any other opinions?

- I was surprised to find that the formula, BELT KNIFE + NO PANTS = NECRO, actually revealed a necro!
Re: Item idea 01/25/2010 09:40 PM CST
Welcome to the limbo that is Famliars. At least they've gotten more development than Companions!

But that's a nice idea. It might sidestep the 'major technical hurdles' cited for mortally wounding the 'one talisman' plan.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: Item idea 01/25/2010 09:44 PM CST
Thats actually what got me thinking about it

I was surprised to find that the formula, BELT KNIFE + NO PANTS = NECRO, actually revealed a necro!
Re: Item idea 01/26/2010 09:31 AM CST
>>So, I've been mulling it over, and this seems like an easy thing to implement.

I don't think you appreciate how complex the familiar code is. I don't think you could get any GMs to say that anything would be easy to implement in that.
Re: Item idea 01/27/2010 02:08 PM CST
Always a chance it's a quick solution no one thought of.

This would be almost like a belt-frog for a talisman.

I dig it but fams are on the back burner far as I can tell.

Red'
Re: Item idea 01/27/2010 03:03 PM CST
There is no War Mage front burner, I'm afraid.

But our back burner is pretty loaded?

>This would be almost like a belt-frog for a talisman.

...hum, this gives me pause, don't items like that... not play well together?

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: Item idea 01/31/2010 06:24 PM CST
Like I know.

I just like the idea. If people want to find new and interesting ways to get around some work...I'm not gonna shoot em down.

Red'