Elemental Weapon 11/15/2005 07:11 PM CST
I'm sure this idea has been suggested before.. but since I don't see why shouldn't it be put in:
*This idea can most likely replace my last idea

Held Mana spell, self only
Pre-req 3 spells in the respective element, besides Aether (Flame Edge, Lightning Edge, Frost Edge, Stone Edge, Swift(Air) Edge)

Syntax:

Prep EleW <fire|water|elect|earth|air>
cast <weapon>

Flame adds heat damage; Frost adds cold; Lightning, Electricity;

Stone would summon the earth around the caster to gather around the blade to strengthen and reinforce it, extending the blade to pole range (no change on pole weapons) and slighly improve all 3 types of damage, with emphasis on impact (on blunts, creating spikes, on edges.. making them heavier), at the cost of making it heavier and less balanced. The modified balance penalty can be remedied by magical devices (or mechanical lore?) as you would be tinkering with the new form to make it more wieldly.

Swift would be exactly as my previous post, reducing weapon RT by 1 second, double if Zephyr is present, cannot go below minimum RT.
Re: Elemental Weapon 11/15/2005 08:29 PM CST
<<Bone-Chewer's post>>

Fire, cold and electrical damage will be going into weapon enchanting when it comes out. There will be no aether, earth or air damage, however, as there is no current support in the combat system for it. However, that's not to say that they'll be useless, they'll just be doing other things.

-Chakram

"NVNC ID VIDES, NVNC NE VIDES"

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" - Mae West
Re: Elemental Weapon 11/16/2005 07:17 PM CST
I want my sword to have a monofilament ethereal edge! And the impact of a mountain!
Just kidding.
No, really, I do.

Hahahahahahha
Re: Elemental Weapon 11/16/2005 08:29 PM CST
Well i think IC an ethereal weapon is feasible.. just OOC it'd be overpowered.. cuz to me it seems like it would be something that can pierce through/ignore armor since it goes through its... uhh.. fabric of existence or something
Re: Elemental Weapon 11/16/2005 08:39 PM CST
Well, aether seems to hit armor currently, so I think that the D&D conception of (a)ethereal stuff bypassing mundane things isn't part of DR.

-Durnil
Re: Elemental Weapon 11/16/2005 08:56 PM CST
<<Well i think IC an ethereal weapon is feasible.. just OOC it'd be overpowered.. cuz to me it seems like it would be something that can pierce through/ignore armor since it goes through its... uhh.. fabric of existence or something >>

Maybe an ethereal weapon could hit noncorporeal undead without a bless, but would be useless against anything corporeal?

Maybe it'd cause spirit damage instead of vitality damage?

Maybe my suggestions are JUST TOO DANGEROUS.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

"Is glas iad na cnoic i bhfad uainn."
-Distant hills look green.
Re: Elemental Weapon 11/16/2005 09:04 PM CST
>Well, aether seems to hit armor currently, so I think that the D&D conception of (a)ethereal stuff bypassing mundane things isn't part of DR.
Yeah, no way. If it did that I wouldn't be able to get an ethereal monofilament edge!

>Maybe an ethereal weapon could hit noncorporeal undead without a bless, but would be useless against anything corporeal?
What?!?!? Why would it hit undead?!?!? Aethereal weapons already hit corporeal stuff. Eg, Aether Lash. Any other way wouldn't make sense.
Re: Elemental Weapon 11/17/2005 12:37 AM CST
<<Maybe an ethereal weapon could hit noncorporeal undead without a bless, but would be useless against anything corporeal?>>

Nope. You'll still need a bless, I don't think that will ever change. There's a different between aether and the undead.

-Chakram

"NVNC ID VIDES, NVNC NE VIDES"

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" - Mae West
Re: Elemental Weapon 11/17/2005 01:20 AM CST
<<Nope. You'll still need a bless, I don't think that will ever change. There's a different between aether and the undead.>>

I know, I was posting my suggestions in a facetious manner.

Maybe aether could do something as simple as improve the weapon's balance, and earth something as simple as increase its construction, and electricity something as simple as increase its damage suitability... Or other, more interesting effects, of course.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

"Is glas iad na cnoic i bhfad uainn."
-Distant hills look green.
Re: Elemental Weapon 11/17/2005 01:47 AM CST
>Or other, more interesting effects, of course.

I want to explode my sword in someone's face.

Steel.

OMG! YOU HAVE <insert ability here> YOU ARE OVERPOWERED! DIE, GUILD, DIE!
Re: Elemental Weapon 11/17/2005 04:47 AM CST
>>I want to explode my sword in someone's face.

I just want to explode someone's face with my sword. ::nod:: ::nod::

~Kyn (Kynevon)

Info Page http://kynevon.info
Mac OS X FE http://tinyurl.com/9xjyj
Amagaim's What to Hunt Chart
Excel format: http://tinyurl.com/44jlt
HTML format: http://tinyurl.com/6tpls
Re: Elemental Weapon 11/17/2005 07:31 AM CST
>>I want to explode my sword in someone's face.

>I just want to explode someone's face with my sword. ::nod:: ::nod::

I want my sword to be so sharp that you can't even put it in a container. If you drop it, it cuts through the ground and just falls to the center of Elanthia! So sharp that if you even look at it, it cuts your eyeballs!
Oh, and it needs to make a neat "hissing" sound.
Re: Elemental Weapon 11/17/2005 04:00 PM CST
I just want to explode someone's face with my sword. ::nod:: ::nod::

~Kyn (Kynevon) <--

sweep head
< Driving in like the irresistable force of a cyclone, you sweep a spiked ball and chain at a fire maiden. A fire maiden barely fails to block with a blackened greatsword. The ball and chain lands an extremely heavy hit that vaporizes the skull into a fine scarlet mist (Mom would not be pleased!).
The fire maiden screams in anguish and lies still.
[You're incredibly balanced]
[Roundtime 9 sec.]
R>

Like that? :grin:

Jim, been keeping some of my weapon hits just to amuse myself and friend later.

"Arrogance:
The best leaders inspire by example. When that's not an option, brute intimidation works pretty well, too."
Re: Elemental Weapon 11/17/2005 04:32 PM CST
Something like that.

I just need to get myself to go back to backtraining my lower armor and weapons. It is just that I am so close to another spell slot I can taste it. Something like 3 ranks of TM (or less) is all I need. Sigh.

~Kyn (Kynevon)

Info Page http://kynevon.info
Mac OS X FE http://tinyurl.com/9xjyj
Amagaim's What to Hunt Chart
Excel format: http://tinyurl.com/44jlt
HTML format: http://tinyurl.com/6tpls
Re: Elemental Weapon 11/18/2005 09:44 AM CST
I've stopped training circle wise. I'm totally focused on getting all non combat skills to 100 that I use even semi-frequently and getting all combat skills up to my TM, from weapons to armor and parry.

Oh and I am trying to get skinning, hide and stalking up to my TM as well.

Jim

"Arrogance:
The best leaders inspire by example. When that's not an option, brute intimidation works pretty well, too."
Re: Elemental Weapon 11/19/2005 03:12 PM CST
>Oh and I am trying to get skinning, hide and stalking up to my TM as well.<

::shudders and starts having nightmares, daymares, and everything-in-betweenmares::

Xavain
Elemental Weapon Stuff 09/24/2010 06:25 PM CDT
It's only been briefly mentioned, but can I request that we be able to create better weapons based on the skill that would be appropriate to its mundane creation? For example, Air Bow and Fire Sword were mentioned. Can these be tied into a pattern in the creation system so that skills and techniques apply? I can't remember of Aegis if Granite is still planned to create a shield, but if so, can that also be based on whichever creation skill is appropriate.

Also, can we get the Mend spell? Back when it was scratched because it wouldn't be required for WM Enchanting, I asked if it could keep the weapon/armor repair aspect and contest the upcoming creation skill that's appropriate and got a "Maybe."

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer