Ritual Spells 12/14/2010 08:54 PM CST
Would any GM care to comment on what warrior mage type spells will use foci?
Re: Ritual Spells 12/15/2010 12:21 AM CST
I hope they're in the Weapon enhancement vein, like Ignite only more powerful and longer lasting. Or maybe Fortress of Ice, if you could go in and out without recasting.

Elemental Lord Opieus, Expert Warrior Mage of Elanthia
"For a bunch of radical empiricists, the Philosophers' system relies on a whole lot of faith." ~Armifer
Re: Ritual Spells 12/15/2010 01:18 AM CST
I was thinking that it might even branch out to the new elemental transformations, since it seems those spells may require an intense amount of concentration.

Which would be worse? To live as a monster or to die as a good man?
Re: Ritual Spells 12/15/2010 01:48 AM CST
Fissure seems like the most likely candidate -- I think this has been mentioned?

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: Ritual Spells 12/16/2010 10:17 PM CST
I'm curious to this myself to tell you the truth. Moon Mages and Clerics already have rituals like abilities/spells(IoE and Communes, respectively) but Warrior Mages currently don't have anything like that. Maybe requiring the element itself? Ice/Water, Torches(fire), or Stones. Or something that would be the essence of it.

As good almost kill a man as kill a good book; who kills a man kills a reasonable creature, God's image; but he who destroys a good book, kills reason itself, kills the image of God, as it were in the eye.
-John Milton
Re: Ritual Spells 12/17/2010 03:59 AM CST
There's a great ritual you can already do. All it requires is you pour naphtha on yourself and light it.

It's not quite a commune, but you'll see your god(dess).

"Your suffering amuses me" -GM Raesh

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares