New Spell for non-corporeal undead 10/12/2010 04:49 PM CDT
>>> Is it worth my time to write a "ghost buster" TM spell? This is defined as a Warrior Mage TM spell that harms non-corporeal undead, but only non-corporeal undead. <<<

Funny that this inquiry came about right after a fun invasion in Theren consisting of a multitude of assassins and non-corporeal undead critters. I was slightly perturbed that I couldn't take out the hafwa's that kept sucking people's spirits because my weapons weren't blessed. By time I found a cleric (for a bless) that wasn't too busy raising the dead, the invasion was nearly over.

Had I had a spell like this, I would have been able to jump right in and possibly save others from their deaths.

I vote yes, but would ask that it be usable for all undead type, and not just non-corporeal undead. I don't like when spells can unravel when fighting undead, one spell in my arsenal that is specifically for all undead would be suh-weet.

Thanks Armifer!

You won't get a silly quote from me!
-Me
Re: New Spell for non-corporeal undead 10/12/2010 05:17 PM CDT
>>Funny that this inquiry came about right after a fun invasion in Theren consisting of a multitude of assassins and non-corporeal undead critters.

Actually I think the suggestion came some time before the invasion, but yeah, I was thinking during the invasion... it sure would be nice to have this spell. In all reality though, getting this spell specifically for invasions would seem a waste of slots in my opinion and there really isn't that many non-corporeal undead in the game at present date to consider picking it up either.

Though I'm always a sucker for awesome spell messaging, so if the spell is insanely creative I might consider picking it up. Armifer, will the spell be single strike, multiple strike or AoE? It would be nifty if this spell produced some sort of nifty secondary use or perhaps even another cantrip.

Which would be worse? To live as a monster or to die as a good man?
Re: New Spell for non-corporeal undead 10/12/2010 05:40 PM CDT
I would take the spell so I could finally stuff some lightnin down a greater shadow hound. And Invasions, and fer helping with quests, and for all of the other reasons I likes killin things.

Rehlyn

You gesture at a gargantuan korograth.
A sheet of slippery rich amber ale-hued ice forms beneath a gargantuan korograth!
The gargantuan korograth refuses to fall.
Re: New Spell for non-corporeal undead 10/12/2010 07:43 PM CDT
I would absolutely pick up a non-corporeal undead slaying spell if available.

- Player of Callahaan Val'kesh
Re: New Spell for non-corporeal undead 10/12/2010 07:49 PM CDT
Given this spell only effects a small population... would it be a cheaper?

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: New Spell for non-corporeal undead 10/13/2010 04:28 PM CDT
>> Given this spell only effects a small population... would it be a cheaper?

Since it's usefulness is limited, I would choose this spell only if it didn't cost any spell slots. Instead I would propose that there be a really challenging and fun quest to obtain it. (Perhaps after obtaining a certain circle or something... like 40th)
Re: New Spell for non-corporeal undead 10/13/2010 05:42 PM CDT
>>Instead I would propose that there be a really challenging and fun quest to obtain it.

This, please... the guild could use more depth and the pathway quests are really simple and don't really teach much about the guild in terms of lore.

Which would be worse? To live as a monster or to die as a good man?
Re: New Spell for non-corporeal undead 10/13/2010 05:53 PM CDT
I would pick up the spell.

~Wyns
Re: New Spell for non-corporeal undead ::NUDGE:: 10/14/2010 06:22 AM CDT
We're getting way-off topic here.

Debating about the need and/or details of the spell should happen in another thread. I've moved the later part of the thread with discussion, but no votes to the General Discussions folder to help move this along.

Consider this the second nudge, since you've already been asked once to keep it to yes/no after the question was asked.

Wordan
DragonRealms Board Monitor

If you have questions or comments, please email me at MOD-Wordan@play.net or Senior Board Monitor Sidatura at (DR-Sidatura@play.net) or Message Board Supervisor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net).