Just curious 10/02/2010 11:09 AM CDT
What are the odds of a barrier spell for debuffs to be considered? Either a ward against mental/charm, all incoming magic, or debuffs in general.

I'm not aiming this at anything in particular, I just see we have a fairly healthy compliment of physical defense now, a good helping of offense, and then only TM and elemental barriers for magic defense.

I'm happy with a yes/no/maybe, even if clarification is nice.
Re: Just curious 10/02/2010 02:11 PM CDT
>>Warrior Mages are moving from a guild identity of BIGGER NUMBERS! to a guild focusing in combining magical attacks and weaponry. I don't expect everyone (or anyone, really) to be happy with their BIGGER NUMBERS! going away, I can only hope we can keep the conversation going on a high enough plane.<<

For what it's worth, I applaud this change. How much global change to bigger numbers can we expect, from both creatures and other guilds? Lots of details would be great, but I'll settle for general blanket statements too. :)
Re: Just curious 10/02/2010 02:54 PM CDT
>>What are the odds of a barrier spell for debuffs to be considered? Either a ward against mental/charm, all incoming magic, or debuffs in general.

Not strictly against the idea, but isn't a conversation we've had yet. Almost certainly not for release, given the number of other new spells we want to try to make.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas