Electrostatic Eddy requirements 03/17/2016 04:28 PM CDT
Would it be possible to have EE's prerequisites changed to "Arc Light or Tingle" (like LB) instead of just Arc Light? It'd be nice not to have to pick up Arc Light for Eddy, especially since Tingle seems like a more appropriately thematic precursor, with its effect flavor being nervous system interference and all. :)
Re: Electrostatic Eddy requirements 03/17/2016 06:39 PM CDT
I suspect Arc Light was chosen because it was your strongest stealth killer prior to EE and the two still synergize very, very well.

Thayet
@thayelf // http://thayette.tumblr.com

"But you must know that if corruption is powerful enough, it's not corruption at all — it's law. Unspoken, unwritten, but law." — Robert Jackson Bennett, City of Stairs
Re: Electrostatic Eddy requirements 03/18/2016 06:30 PM CDT
>I suspect Arc Light was chosen because it was your strongest stealth killer prior to EE and the two still synergize very, very well.

It was probably more of a subconscious desire to balance an unbalanced tree. In other words, I blame being a Computer Science major.

That said, I have plans for Arc Light. I'm not completely happy with them, but it will make the spell more balanced relative to other 2 slot debilitation spells.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Electrostatic Eddy requirements 03/19/2016 02:03 AM CDT
>>That said, I have plans for Arc Light. I'm not completely happy with them, but it will make the spell more balanced relative to other 2 slot debilitation spells.

Sounds good--I look forward to seeing how it eventually shakes out. :) If you're still looking for ideas tho', I'd love to see a 2-slot version of Arc Light implemented as a non-damaging electric light show that, if not resisted, leaves the target with disorienting spots in their eyes for a bit. Effects:
- a chance for spell interrupt - 1 slot (niche use)
- a relatively short but significant debuff to evasion - 1 slot (broadly useful, with easily adjustable potency/duration parameters for balance)
Re: Electrostatic Eddy requirements 03/19/2016 07:03 PM CDT
> That said, I have plans for Arc Light. I'm not completely happy with them, but it will make the spell more balanced relative to other 2 slot debilitation spells.

Javac, you're my hero. :D

- Saragos