Uses of Ethereal Fissure 08/05/2015 10:54 PM CDT
Can someone explain how the spell Ethereal Fissure benefits a warrior mage?
Re: Uses of Ethereal Fissure 08/05/2015 10:58 PM CDT
It increases the level of elemental mana in the room significantly which makes your spells cost less attunement to cast.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Uses of Ethereal Fissure 08/05/2015 11:12 PM CDT
You reach out with your senses and see brilliant (17/21) streams of roiling Elemental mana coursing through the area.

R> harn 155
>
You tap into the mana from one hundred fifty-five of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
R> release mana
You release all the streams you were concentrating on keeping localized around you.

This took my available mana down to 3%
At this point allowed attunement to return to 100%

You reach out with your senses and see brilliant (17/21) streams of roiling Elemental mana coursing through the area

You feel fully prepared to cast your spell.
> cast fire

>
You roll your hands in an elliptical pattern in front of you.
A spinning ball of vivid blue aether appears within the pattern your hands define.

The spherical ellipse of vivid blue aether flattens and expands. A fine mist covers the ellipse, which clears on a gust of wind leaving a fissure in its place.

> conc

You reach out with your senses and see blazing (20/21) streams of roiling Elemental mana coursing through the area.

At this point allowed attunement to regen to 100%

The loud roaring of a raging inferno emanates from an enormous fiery fissure.
> harn 155

You tap into the mana from one hundred fifty-five of the surrounding streams and attempt to keep it channeling in a stream around you.
Roundtime: 2 sec.
R> release mana
You release all the streams you were concentrating on keeping localized around you.

This harness got me down to 3% just like it did before casting fissure
So I moved on to another room with base mana of this

You reach out with your senses and see glaring (19/21) streams of roiling Elemental mana coursing through the area.

Again allowed attunement to regen to 100%

harnessed 155 mana here and bam 18% remaining attunement.

I know that ETF does not buff attunement, but it does however buff the elemental mana in the room. If I use a symbiosis I can buff my attunement and get results that one would expect however just raising the mana in the room does not yield more useable mana.
Re: Uses of Ethereal Fissure 08/05/2015 11:24 PM CDT
There might be a bug with harnessing specifically.

I know when the new mana system was being rolled out it in preparation for the big manastorm release it was being tested on the test server and we found a bug where all mana boosters weren't messaging different higher mana levels when cast. They were actually increasing the mana available but weren't messaging it properly. I know Zeyurn had us confirm it was actually working despite not messaging correctly by casting a spell that drained us more than 50%. While I don't recall the exact numbers, it was something like a 72% cost before and a 64% cost after the fissure. So it was definitely doing that at that point.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Uses of Ethereal Fissure 08/06/2015 12:12 AM CDT
I just noticed the same behaviour with Nexus.

In a 15/21 room, harnessing 200 takes me from full to somewhat less than a quarter.

In a 13/21 room, harnessing 200 takes me from full to low.

In the same 13/21 room but with Nexus (now a 17/21 room), harnessing 200 takes me from full to low.
Re: Uses of Ethereal Fissure 08/06/2015 12:28 AM CDT
Poking at it tenatively something seems weird - but I need to actually pack for Simucon and whatnot so I can't dig too deep tonight. I'll flag it for review later.

-Raesh

"The trouble with atheism, is that it offers a limited range of curses.” - Two Serpents Rise
Re: Uses of Ethereal Fissure 08/06/2015 12:32 AM CDT
I wonder if Raise Power is doing this as well. Though I unlearned the spell because it was useless to me.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Uses of Ethereal Fissure 08/06/2015 12:42 AM CDT
Tentatively it looks like Raise Power and Nexus both are seeing the same problem - possibly (likely?) other mana raising effects. If someone else can't get to it before me I earmarked it to dig into after the Con. Fairly sure I know what the problem is.

-Raesh

"The trouble with atheism, is that it offers a limited range of curses.” - Two Serpents Rise