Flame Shockwave 08/03/2015 06:22 PM CDT
Howdy folks.

I've recently made some changes to Alkahest Edge, a metaspell that is conceptually very similar to Flame Shockwave. It now defaults on and can be toggled off/on at will with a short RT.

Would you like Flame Shockwave to get the same treatment, or do you prefer its current incarnation?

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Flame Shockwave 08/03/2015 06:42 PM CDT
I would like something similar to Alkahest Edge, but instead of defaulting to on have it default to off and last one hour like Alkahest Edge does.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Flame Shockwave 08/03/2015 06:56 PM CDT
I don't have a WM with that at the moment, but having the option to toggle it certainly wouldn't hurt.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Flame Shockwave 08/03/2015 07:00 PM CDT
More options is betterer.

Thayet
Twitter: @thayelf
Tumblr: thayette.tumblr.com
Re: Flame Shockwave 08/03/2015 10:10 PM CDT
Yes, default on or off. 😄 As long as we can change it. Would perceive tell us the state it is in?

-Dartellum Waddle
Re: Flame Shockwave 08/03/2015 10:19 PM CDT
Not as it's currently set up, but I could add it to perceive with... mild amounts of angst.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Flame Shockwave 08/03/2015 10:31 PM CDT

>> Not as it's currently set up, but I could add it to perceive with... mild amounts of angst.

Doesn't seem worth the effort. If they forget, they could just prep the toggle again.
Re: Flame Shockwave 08/03/2015 11:41 PM CDT
>> Not as it's currently set up, but I could add it to perceive with... mild amounts of angst.

>Doesn't seem worth the effort. If they forget, they could just prep the toggle again.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? ;)

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: Flame Shockwave 08/04/2015 12:03 AM CDT

>> Have you tried turning it off and on again? ;)

Armifer just needs to plug it in. Easy.
Re: Flame Shockwave 08/04/2015 12:42 AM CDT
Put me down in the "If you know the metaspell, it is your default casting method, but you can do a toggle" column.

- Starlear, Warrior Mage and Lieutenant of Ilithi's Crystal Vanguard -
Re: Flame Shockwave 08/07/2015 01:25 AM CDT
I'll vote for default being on.
Re: Flame Shockwave 08/13/2015 02:49 PM CDT

This.