Snowbeasts in Peril 07/05/2017 11:54 AM CDT
Just got expansive and shocking infusions and set about training offhand as usual:

A few swirling eddies of flame flit up from your electric mallet, quickly consuming themselves as they rise.

>swing left
< Moving with amazing force and guile, you swing an electric mallet at a snowbeast. A snowbeast attempts to dodge, taking the full blow. The mallet lands a heavy strike that vaporizes the right leg with a white sky-fire enhanced blow.
A snowbeast lets loose a blood-curdling howl and goes still.
[You're adeptly balanced]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]

>bash left
< Moving with the precision of a mongoose, you bash an electric mallet at a snowbeast. A snowbeast fails to evade, failing miserably. The mallet lands a very heavy hit that melts the snowbeast's groin into an inert puddle after slamming it with an all-consuming ball of lightning.
A snowbeast lets loose a blood-curdling howl and falls into a heap.
[You're adeptly balanced]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]

The messaging on these weapons is awesome, and a great reminder of how bada__ it is to be a warrior mage! Much respect to the writers and coders.
Re: Snowbeasts in Peril 07/06/2017 07:08 AM CDT
>>The messaging on these weapons is awesome, and a great reminder of how bada__ it is to be a warrior mage!

The messaging on the weapons is pretty good. You should definitely check out Dragon's Breath after you've grabbed enough of the essential spells.

You sharply inhale, drawing upon the power of your internalized fire, then violently spit a bolt of churning flame toward a rebel ranger!
A tongue of flame laps the rebel ranger's right hand and rapidly reduces its fingertips to ash.
Roundtime: 1 sec.

You sharply inhale, drawing upon the power of your internalized fire, then violently spit a bolt of churning flame toward a rebel hunter!
Dragonfire buffets the rebel hunter's abdomen, twining into roaring pillars, and for a moment it rolls in scarlet flames! When the smoke clears, only a charred black ruin is left of the torso.
The hunter stares ahead in disbelief before falling to the ground in a crumpled heap.
Roundtime: 1 sec.
Re: Snowbeasts in Peril 07/07/2017 01:59 PM CDT
>Dragonfire buffets the rebel hunter's abdomen, twining into roaring pillars, and for a moment it rolls in scarlet flames! When the smoke clears, only a charred black ruin is left of the torso.
>The hunter stares ahead in disbelief before falling to the ground in a crumpled heap.

>You should definitely check out Dragon's Breath after you've grabbed enough of the essential spells.

Added to my list.
Re: Snowbeasts in Peril 07/07/2017 02:51 PM CDT
>The messaging on these weapons is awesome, and a great reminder of how bada__ it is to be a warrior mage! Much respect to the writers and coders.

This was one of my first projects on staff, and by far the largest project I had undertaken at that point. I'm very glad people like the result.

Credit for the damaging goes to someone else, Kodius I believe, as it is the same messaging you'll receive from anything that does elemental damage. These weapons were just the first wide spread use of that messaging.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Snowbeasts in Peril 07/08/2017 12:29 PM CDT

>This was one of my first projects on staff, and by far the largest project I had undertaken at that point. I'm very glad people like the result.

>Credit for the damaging goes to someone else, Kodius I believe, as it is the same messaging you'll receive from anything that does elemental damage. These weapons were just the first wide spread use of that messaging.

Really appreciate the time and effort you put into this system. It's practical for training, and brilliant for roleplaying. With Kodius's messaging system, you've created a masterpiece of mayhem for all of us connoisseurs of elemental destruction.
Re: Snowbeasts in Peril 07/12/2017 10:22 AM CDT
>connoisseurs of elemental destruction

Connoisseur of Elemental Destruction. Requirements: 500 Appraisal, 700 Targeted Magic.