Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You! 03/16/2016 05:12 AM CDT
>cast
You gesture at a goblin.
A stone boulder rips itself free of the earth, shatters into many jagged shards and hurtles toward a goblin!
It manages to get out of the way of the first shard!
The second shard strikes its abdomen and delicately flays the skin from the bones, leaving deep blood-filled gashes.
The goblin is severely stunned!
The third shard strikes its back and bores a hole through its body before shattering into thousands of shards that rip the skin to shreds.
Like the hammer of some avenging god, the fourth shard strikes its abdomen, mangling it beyond all hope of recognition.
A goblin collapses to the ground, shuddering and moaning until it ceases all movement.
Roundtime: 1 sec.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You! 03/16/2016 07:06 AM CDT
Is this a rewrite of Stone Strike? is the difference the third strike boring and exploding? Im confuseled.

Rehlyn

Well, see, there's the linchpin of why everything you're saying is wrong. There's the fulcrum. There's the centerpiece. There's the turkey on the Thanksgiving table.
Re: Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You! 03/16/2016 07:10 AM CDT
>>Is this a rewrite of Stone Strike? is the difference the third strike boring and exploding? Im confuseled.

It's the potential Heavy TM version of Stone Strike, I think.

>>The third shard strikes its back and bores a hole through its body before shattering into thousands of shards that rip the skin to shreds.

>>Like the hammer of some avenging god, the fourth shard strikes its abdomen, mangling it beyond all hope of recognition.

Yesssssssssssss.
Re: Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You! 03/16/2016 07:31 AM CDT
>>It's the potential Heavy TM version of Stone Strike, I think.

Naw. It's actually the Fist of Stone messaging table with the serial numbers filed off and applied to Stone Strike.

(Fist of Stone has no real reason to come back these days due to the elemental weapon system. Stone Strike, which replaced it as the intro Earth spell, was the only intro Warrior Mage TM spell that used generic hit messaging.)

My plans for Frost Scythe are... somewhat more interesting.

-Raesh

"It was wise enough to know itself, and brave enough to BE itself, and wild enough to change itself while somehow staying altogether true." ― The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Re: Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You! 03/16/2016 08:47 AM CDT
I felt that rimefang was already the new incarnation of frost scythe.
Re: Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You! 03/16/2016 10:12 AM CDT
This is very exciting!

>I felt that rimefang was already the new incarnation of frost scythe.

Rimefang doesn't have damage messaging. I'm not sure I would want it to? It's pretty spammy.

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You! 03/16/2016 01:34 PM CDT

>>delicately flays the skin from the bones

This amused me. Carry on with your poetry.

"I, for one, think it's nice to have new folks who are excited and already care enough about the game to offer suggestions. We need more of that." -Solomon

Thanks for being in my corner Solomon, come back soon.
Re: Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You! 03/16/2016 02:42 PM CDT
I wasn't referring to damage messaging, just concept: shards of ice flying at enemies.

I suspect the old frost scythe messaging could be raided for the new ice heavy TM spell they were talking about with a modification to account for a shard of ice forming within them instead of flying at them.
Re: Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You! 03/16/2016 03:40 PM CDT
Nothing will ever replace the Frost Scythe damage messaging in my heart.

That's not true, my favorite spell messaging is air lash, but frost scythe was a close second!

Re: Life mana Spell preps

You raise your hands in the air. You wave them like you just don't care. Somebody says, "Hey!" Somebody says, "Ho!" Somebody screams.
Re: Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You! 03/16/2016 05:47 PM CDT
>>Naw. It's actually the Fist of Stone messaging table with the serial numbers filed off and applied to Stone Strike.

My bad. The messaging is still great though.
Re: Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You! 03/16/2016 07:38 PM CDT
Also Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You!

You gesture.
Harnessing the winds to your will, you throw your hand up and a gale explodes outward!
The gale strikes a goblin, causing an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) to its left eye while the powerful winds hurl it some distance away!
A goblin collapses to the ground, shuddering and moaning until it ceases all movement.
The gale strikes a goblin, causing an awesome strike to its right hand and blasting it backward several steps by the fierce winds!
The goblin is knocked completely senseless!
The gale strikes a goblin, causing an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) to its back while the powerful winds hurl it some distance away!
The gale strikes a goblin, causing an awesome strike to its right leg and blasting it backward several steps by the fierce winds!
The goblin is severely stunned!
The goblin howls in pain and collapses to the ground moaning.
Roundtime: 2 sec.

(No, this isn't a major change. I just removed the ice when casting normally so it makes more sense as a pure air spell. The only mechanical ramification is that it now does Impact primary instead of Slice. Also I'm going to try and make that knockback part read better than it currently does.)

-Raesh

Re: Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You! 03/16/2016 08:44 PM CDT
Actually, one other cool thing coming soon (though less soon than the other two, perhaps).

>cast
You gesture at a goblin.
Sparkling crystals of ice appear and coalesce into a scythe of frost which flies through the air at it!
Shrieking like Asketi's frozen North Wind, the scythe shreds its back to bloody ribbons that fall to the ground in a spray of blood and gore.
What remains of the scythe swiftly melts away.
Roundtime: 1 sec.

That was the first cast under 3.0. It's not finished yet since I still need to write the part mechanics that justify it's return (aside from the rule of cool). That will likely need to wait a few days.

-Raesh

Re: Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You! 03/16/2016 09:35 PM CDT
I liked the cold damage. =(

Having the elemental component to damage was pretty nice.

Mazrian
Re: Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You! 03/17/2016 02:03 AM CDT
Oh, my aching spell slots...

Raesh, maybe while you're looking at Shockwave, you can consider adding something that's always been on my wishlist for it - casting on someone else so it blows back things away from the person you cast it on / hits the things they're engaged with. It always struck me as a very War-Magey way to protect someone if you want to, but sadly the mechanics don't allow for it, and even spells like PW only let you affect things related to their enagagement with you.

Thanks for all the hard work on WM spells!

- Saragos
Re: Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You! 03/17/2016 03:30 AM CDT
>>I liked the cold damage. =(

It still does cold secondary. That didn't change.

-Raesh

Re: Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You! 03/17/2016 07:41 AM CDT
<(No, this isn't a major change. I just removed the ice when casting normally so it makes more sense as a pure air spell. The only mechanical ramification is that it now does Impact primary instead of Slice. Also I'm going to try and make that knockback part read better than it currently does.)

Does this mean we have more casting options for it? Or, another meta spell, like Ice Shockwave?

Also I like the idea where I can cast on a partner to aid in his or her plight. We need more group friendly spells for battle. I know we can Cast Creature.

-Dartellum Waddle

Vote for DR: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You! 03/17/2016 08:31 AM CDT
>>> I just removed the ice when casting normally so it makes more sense as a pure air spell.
>>I liked the cold damage. =(
>It still does cold secondary. That didn't change.

I think this confusion is just a typo. I believe Raesh removed the SLICE damage, but typoed it as ICE, which was interpreted as COLD.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You! 03/17/2016 08:58 AM CDT
Hmm. Yes. Interesting typo. I did, in fact, remove the SLice damage and replace it with Impact.

-Raesh

Re: Coming to a Warrior Mage Near You! 03/17/2016 12:26 PM CDT

are any of those the "heavy tm cannon" spell? or is this one going to be something entirely new? pleeeease give us a morsel. ;p