I went all Mola Ram on it 12/20/2011 02:47 PM CST
I don't think I've ever seen this one before, made me laugh.

One of the rock spears lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) to a beisswurm's chest, skewering the still beating heart and holding the organ aloft in a grim display as the spear emerges through the back!

Re: I went all Mola Ram on it 12/21/2011 07:25 AM CST
that's SOOOOO indiana jones and the temple of doooom... nice crit.

Preces meae non sunt dignae;Sed tu bonus fac benigne;Ne perenni cremer igne [Dies Irae]
ES is your Friend 02/11/2012 04:40 PM CST
* xxxxxx was just struck down!
* xxxxxx just disintegrated!

Fourth time this week, nameless friend. Remember to put that shield up before activating the ball of fire! Don't feel bad, though. I feel a kinship with you. You are the Warrior Mage equivalent of Malkien.
Re: ES is your Friend 02/11/2012 09:20 PM CST

I believe that is a moon mage failed teleport not WM setting himself on fire.
Re: ES is your Friend 02/12/2012 12:55 AM CST
>>I believe that is a moon mage failed teleport not WM setting himself on fire.

Or a box teleport trap (without the right moon), or a Moon Mage failing to get herself out of the Astral Plane in time, or a Moon Mage opening a rogue gate (sometimes these cause disintegration rather than Voidspawn).

<3 Moon Mage deaths.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: ES is your Friend 02/12/2012 01:01 AM CST

Actually botched moongates say something else, incinerated(which is what WM get) I believe.

Death from the ways doesn't incinerate or disintegrate may have another message to it though. Might use either or not sure, death from the ways though is purely euphoric and doesn't leave any wounds.
Re: ES is your Friend 02/12/2012 02:33 AM CST
>>Might use either or not sure, death from the ways though is purely euphoric and doesn't leave any wounds.

That's death from the Grey Expanse. I said the death from not getting out quickly enough (i.e. losing your ability to maintain your place among the mana streams).

>>Actually botched moongates say something else, incinerated(which is what WM get) I believe.

I'm afraid I have to disagree. See below.

XXXX gestures.
A brief wave of disorientation washes outward as reality itself tears wide open, forming a rogue Moongate tinged with screaming, razor-edged shadows.
A sudden shout of "The man's dangerous!" heralds a nearby citizen to run for the guards.
>
A wave of force erupts from the screaming gate and washes over XXXX! His body is scattered to the winds over the course of a few, agonizing seconds, leaving only a pile of equipment covered with a thin XXXX residue.

XXXX falls down!
XXXX stops listening to XXXX.
XXXX's in shock and dying!

* XXXX was just struck down!

* XXXX is slain before your eyes!
* XXXX just disintegrated!

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: ES is your Friend 02/12/2012 02:58 AM CST
burned to ash.. MOF minus es.
Fireball's normal death i think, since it's mostly a minor stun with skin damage. Hell you can barrage through the stun.

Re: ES is your Friend 02/12/2012 07:06 AM CST
One is disintegrated.

The other is incinerated.

both are dead. :-)

Preces meae non sunt dignae;Sed tu bonus fac benigne;Ne perenni cremer igne [Dies Irae]