Sorcery training 08/30/2013 10:39 AM CDT

Hope this is the right place. Been casting Tenebrous Sense to train my sorcery and it seems to delight in blowing my arms off quite frequently. Was wondering if anyone had a better suggestion for a scroll spell to train Sorcery and perhaps not dismember myself so often!

Thanks everybody!
Re: Sorcery training 08/30/2013 10:43 AM CDT
I would start with something that is not a Lunar spell since that is your worst (ie most difficult) combination.
Re: Sorcery training 08/30/2013 10:53 AM CDT

Where are you getting the information to know what is the easiest versus most difficult for Warrior Mages?
Re: Sorcery training 08/30/2013 11:04 AM CDT
> Where are you getting the information to know what is the easiest versus most difficult for Warrior Mages?

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Post:Changes_to_Cross-Realm_Spellcasting_-_4/13/2009_-_19:00:53
Re: Sorcery training 08/30/2013 11:08 AM CDT
http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Post:Changes_to_Cross-Realm_Spellcasting_-_4/13/2009_-_19:00:53

http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Post:Changes_to_Cross-Realm_Spellcasting_-_4/13/2009_-_16:38:12

High to low: Holy, Life, Elemental, Lunar. Strike a line down the middle and call the left ones the "high frequencies" and the right one the "low frequencies." This defines the worst possible interaction.
Concrete & Otherworldly: Life and Elemental are the "concrete frequencies," dealing with the elements and ecosystems of the planet Elanthia. Holy & Lunar are the "otherworldly frequencies," dealing with forces from outside Elanthia. This defines the best possible interaction.

This message was originally posted in Discussions with DragonRealms Staff and Players (1) \ Responses to GM/Official Announcements (2), by DR-ARMIFER on the play.net forums.

Waiting for results..................................................................................................................
Re: Sorcery training 08/30/2013 11:26 AM CDT

Thanks everyone. For some reason the messaging in that post kinda messed with my head.
Re: Sorcery training 08/30/2013 01:34 PM CDT
>Thanks everyone. For some reason the messaging in that post kinda messed with my head.

Every time I explain it to someone I have a moment were I go 'Wait, is that right?'

Still, expect to blow your arms off. Do you have the Sorcerous Patterns feat?
Re: Sorcery training 08/30/2013 04:42 PM CDT
I keep a notepad cheat sheet to help remember sorcerous interaction.

Lunar caster to Holy-Best
Lunar caster to Life-Average
Lunar caster to Elemental-Worst

Elemental caster to Life-Best
Elemental caster to Holy-Average
Elemental caster to Lunar-Worst

Life caster to Elemental-Best
Life caster to Lunar-Average
Life caster to Holy-Worst

Holy caster to Lunar-Best
Holy caster Elemental-Average
Holy caster Life-Worst

Re: Sorcery training 08/31/2013 01:55 AM CDT
Best way is TM or Deb spell, life mana.

-Stampede
-Eagles cry
-Paralysis
-Lethargy

Life is friendly to us, but some spells have a higher backlash rate than others. The four I jave listed are the best spells we can use to train sorcery ( atleast the quickest and safest way ).

- Erixx
Re: Sorcery training 08/31/2013 08:31 AM CDT
Everything here said.. TS works flawlessly for a WM after about 90-100, its been my spell of current choice for 80 lessons or so (currently at 165)

Rehlyn

Silent Guardian

A Maelshyvean shadow beast slows long enough to deeply inhale some of the swirling shadows surrounding it. After a moment, it sighs with great releif and blackness oozes from its ears and nostrils.
Re: Sorcery training 09/03/2013 08:21 AM CDT
I've been using SOTT scroll and haven't blown my arms in weeks. Low sorcery of 155 ranks. Its a life augmentation.

Morp

[00:15] Chatter[Uzmam] Damian just wants to beat up dancers, what a bully
[00:15] Chatter[Morpion] Wait for them outside the club at 3 am?
[00:15] Chatter[Damian] i enjoy making them scream with pure terror