MAGIC 3.0 & SCROLLS (AGAIN) 10/24/2010 08:27 PM CDT
Can't seem to get an answer here ... so gonna try again.

Couple questions as it relates to the scroll system in magic 3.0:

1. Will existing scrolls become useless when 3.0 is released the same way boxes did?

2. Will any measures be taken in consideration for those of us who have used spell slots to memorize scroll only spells after the spell wipe?

Please advise: Yes or No answers are acceptable here... even a 'we aren't sure yet' would be helpful... any information at all would be greatly appreciated. I have a spell slot coming up, and a scroll that I am chomping at the bit to play with - but I don't want to necessarily lose it in the wipe - I also don't want to waste whatever time I might get with it if its going to be useless after the change anyway.

Please?

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!" - Rorschach
Re: MAGIC 3.0 & SCROLLS (AGAIN) 10/24/2010 08:37 PM CDT
>>1. Will existing scrolls become useless when 3.0 is released the same way boxes did?

Leaning toward "yes," but I am not able to make the final call yet.

>>2. Will any measures be taken in consideration for those of us who have used spell slots to memorize scroll only spells after the spell wipe?

Nothing beyond "you get your slot and TDPs back."

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: MAGIC 3.0 & SCROLLS (AGAIN) 10/24/2010 08:51 PM CDT
You appear to have gotten lost in the easy to nagivate forums. You're trying to get way the heck over here:

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=4&topic=16&message=12214
"It's possible that live spell scrolls out there right now may end up being worthless at the conversion point, but it's possible they may not. Not at that point yet."

>2. Will any measures be taken in consideration for those of us who have used spell slots to memorize scroll only spells after the spell wipe?

And you want the Moon mage folders for this one, I think. Unless your question is somehow not about TDPs?

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: MAGIC 3.0 & SCROLLS (AGAIN) 10/24/2010 08:53 PM CDT
... Armifer'd again.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: MAGIC 3.0 & SCROLLS (AGAIN) 10/24/2010 11:34 PM CDT
Thank you for your reply. I will be sad to see my spells go away.

"None of you seem to understand. I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me!" - Rorschach