Guild only enchants 01/24/2008 05:04 PM CST
Since magic primes are getting a focus on enchanting and our familiars are being rewritten how about lumping talisman making into enchanting?

The specs needed to enchant the talismans are taught at the same circles required for the current circles.

Enchanting the talisman gives you the option of choosing what animal to make it at any skill level and with low skills the description would be the regular random styles we have now. With more enchanting skill add to the things we can make them look like similiar to the empath shift system.

Simple and large talismans are still store bought but are now blank chunks of talisman material. They have to be made into a magical device by the warmage.

For the dark, fir, and the "Soon" higher level talismans the quests can remain as is for the parts where you are getting the material and then the mage uses the enchanting skill to pick the critter and how it looks before using it.

Rigek
Re: Guild only enchants 01/24/2008 05:11 PM CST
P.S.

The enchantment that powers a sigilated platinum ring.

In the ring (or other jewerly) and the element of our choosing.

Also giving us the ability to pick between several messages for each element would be really cool too!

Rigek
Re: Guild only enchants 01/24/2008 06:38 PM CST
>>The enchantment that powers a sigilated platinum ring.

Considering their limited nature, I doubt we will ever be able to enchant these unless they were tweaked to be less awesome.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Guild only enchants 01/24/2008 08:03 PM CST
Doesn't hurt to ask

Rigek
Re: Guild only enchants 01/24/2008 11:43 PM CST
No it doesn't hurt to ask. Look at the gwethsmasher enchant. I certainly never thought that would happen.

Binu
Re: Guild only enchants 01/25/2008 03:50 PM CST
>>No it doesn't hurt to ask. Look at the gwethsmasher enchant. I certainly never thought that would happen.

I certainly agree. I was only speculating--I mean, if I could have 3 rings like this (and one MM invisibility ring) I would certainly be a happy camper. The thing that I think would limit it is the weight elimination property of the current rings in existence. If a similar MD came out that could act as a storage container but didn't eliminate the weight of the item stored in it, I think it would be much more likely to see the light of day. Just my opinion.

Either way, I think it's a great idea to cross-post in the Enchanting Skill folder in the Lore topic just to make sure it gets on the list.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Guild only enchants 01/25/2008 04:44 PM CST
I mentioned the rings a while back in the other folder when we were talking about bags of holding. Just decided to throw it in for our GM's also.

Rigek
Re: Guild only enchants 01/25/2008 05:33 PM CST
>>I mentioned the rings a while back in the other folder when we were talking about bags of holding. Just decided to throw it in for our GM's also.

Wow. I thought I read every post in that folder, but somehow I missed it.

Well, either way, consider it noted.

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Guild only enchants 01/25/2008 05:44 PM CST
I saw it, but it kind of got buried under a bunch of dead-horse beating.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Guild only enchants 01/25/2008 06:14 PM CST
<<I saw it, but it kind of got buried under a bunch of dead-horse beating.>>

I can't wait till necros get released and the horse beats back...

Rigek
Re: Guild only enchants 01/26/2008 05:51 AM CST
>I can't wait till necros get released and the horse beats back...

ROFL!!!! That does sound like fun!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy