Another use for napthatatatahtahatata! 07/16/2006 05:53 PM CDT
>pour nap on scim
You recklessly pour the naptha onto the scimitar, splashing it everywhere.(chance to get it on self)
>prep al
(prep message)
>cast
Your scimitar is engulfed in flames!
Re: Another use for napthatatatahtahatata! 07/16/2006 08:40 PM CDT
I really don't think naptha would just light on fire for your scimitar. That much naptha gathered on your scimitar would most likely explode. Rendering you and the scimitar damaged.
Re: Another use for napthatatatahtahatata! 07/16/2006 11:36 PM CDT
Heh, again another use for weapon enchanting :P Flame on!

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!
Re: Another use for napthatatatahtahatata! 07/17/2006 01:48 AM CDT
That, and as mentioned in another folder, it would ruin the temper of the weapon, making it a very long, thin piece of bendy steel.

-Durnil
Re: Another use for napthatatatahtahatata! 07/17/2006 01:52 AM CDT
>That, and as mentioned in another folder, it would ruin the temper of the weapon

Doubtful. To ruin the temper of forged steel, it would have to be a sustained and rather hot fire. To pour an accelerant on metal and light it probably wouldn't last very long at all and would likely be wiped clean after the first strike or three.

-Fuquois-

The depressing thing about tennis is that no matter how good I get, I'll never be as good as a wall.
Re: Another use for napthatatatahtahatata! 07/17/2006 01:33 PM CDT
How about making it so that, you can apply the naptha on your blade as a means to get naptha on the critter... then light the critter on fire.

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Another use for napthatatatahtahatata! 07/17/2006 08:18 PM CDT
I was going to suggest a part 2 as well.

With enough mech you should be able to apply it.

yes the fire would damage the weapon, wood weapons and weapons other than metal could end up being destroyed beyond repair, while metal ones would suffer the same degrees of damage they would normally.