Small for starters. 06/22/2006 08:44 AM CDT
Hey just as a small starter enchantment.

I just wanna enchant a rock to explode when i throw it at something. Or sling it at something.

a small fireball type explosion, a few rock shards in the eyes or flesh, a loud deafening boom in the ears.

heck i'll take the small fireball explosion.

give them out to friends and newbies and watch the fun.

Don't leave them in the pack for too long though, depending on the enchanting skills of the mage the spell pattern becomes unstable and you wouldn't want one of those going off in your backpack. Talk about a pain in the .... umm well you see where this is going.

"Come for me now world, whilst I am weak. I shall prevail. Come at me world before I am strong, then witness my strength." ~Ecodom
Re: Small for starters. 06/22/2006 08:55 AM CDT
I like that idea. Even if you have to enchant fists of stone with fireshard or fireball to add fire damage when it hits. Even if you have to submerge it in naptha or something.
Re: Small for starters. 06/22/2006 09:31 AM CDT
It might be possible when the system comes out, of course with what is planned currently there are a lot of possibilities.

-Chakram

"NVNC ID VIDES, NVNC NE VIDES"

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" - Mae West
Re: Small for starters. 06/22/2006 09:45 AM CDT
Thunderclap pebbles would be awesome.

<<Chakram--It might be possible when the system comes out, of course with what is planned currently there are a lot of possibilities.

I found this comment very amusing.

Trebber

It is intended to be a game, and while it never made sense for me to be able to bounce across the rainbow road or whatever it was called when I played Candyland, it never stopped me from doing it and enjoying the game.
Re: Small for starters. 06/22/2006 10:56 PM CDT
This makes me think of that Mario & Luigi game for the Game Boy SP. I think it's the SP... hard to recall. They've got Hand Attacks, where Mario can do Firebrand and Luigi can do Thunderhand, or something.

<amused, because the Mario Bros. are warrior mages, too>

-- Holy Scholar Diarik Erasto, Arcane Researcher, in search of spiritweaving.

"A good war is very instructive." -- Me.
Re: Small for starters. 06/22/2006 11:33 PM CDT
>This makes me think of that Mario & Luigi game for the Game Boy SP. I think it's the SP... hard to recall.

There's only two real systems out there now, as evidenced by this table (I haven't used a table in a while):
Game Boy AdvanceNintendo DS
Game Boy Advance SPNintendo DS Lite
Game Boy MicroNone yet

Systems in the same column are essentially the same system with a new case and maybe a brighter screen.

>They've got Hand Attacks, where Mario can do Firebrand and Luigi can do Thunderhand, or something.

Now this sounds awesome. I'd love some more elemental brawling attacks. So who gets Crazy Hand?

Steel.

OMG! YOU HAVE <insert ability here> YOU ARE OVERPOWERED! DIE, GUILD, DIE!
Re: Small for starters. 06/23/2006 02:25 AM CDT
"It might be possible when the system comes out, of course with what is planned currently there are a lot of possibilities."

Hey atleast you said "when" instead of "if".

i was thinking it could be kind of a prerelease to get us started and excited, then make us wait more (cause i know you loving the suspence)

plus could be kind of simple fast and easy so could , in a bind, forage a rock scrap a rough rune into it, and toss it. maybe toss a naphtha first just for fun. Ofcourse needing light thrown skill, but who doens't love light thrown skill. (seriously love it, i think its great)

"Come for me now world, whilst I am weak. I shall prevail. Come at me world before I am strong, then witness my strength." ~Ecodom
Re: Small for starters. 06/23/2006 06:58 PM CDT
I don't know what it is. My dad bought it for my sister, and naturally, I went and beat the games that he bought for her. <shrugs>

>>Now this sounds awesome. I'd love some more elemental brawling attacks. So who gets Crazy Hand?

Well, the way these attacks work, the plumber runs up to the baddie, and sticks one hand out, palm up, and holds up the other hand, like he's giving benediction at church. Then this little ball of power appears, at which point you need to hit A or B to discharge it, or you'll blow yourself with it.

-- Holy Scholar Diarik Erasto, Arcane Researcher, in search of spiritweaving.

"A good war is very instructive." -- Me.
Re: Small for starters. 06/27/2006 09:49 AM CDT
elemental hand grenades?
Re: Small for starters. 06/27/2006 10:30 AM CDT
<<elemental hand grenades?>>

Only if I can eventually make a holy hand grenade... As I recall syphon was going to take parts of spells... So, rock + holy part of spell + area affect part of spell = Holy Hand Grenade of Elanthia.

Any news on what the system is currently planning to be like? Or has everything been scratched at this point while we await other things to be completed?

Elemancer Opieus, Journeyman Warrior Mage of Elanthia
(Petitioning for Last Names for Elanthians of not so olde)
Re: Small for starters. 06/27/2006 10:59 AM CDT
<<Any news on what the system is currently planning to be like? Or has everything been scratched at this point while we await other things to be completed?>>

At this point, until things are more finalized we'll probably still be holding back most of the details.

-Chakram

"NVNC ID VIDES, NVNC NE VIDES"

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" - Mae West
Re: Small for starters. 06/30/2006 04:12 AM CDT
>>Only if I can eventually make a holy hand grenade... As I recall syphon was going to take parts of spells... So, rock + holy part of spell + area affect part of spell = Holy Hand Grenade of Elanthia.

Don't forget to count to five... err... three and then throw.

Happiness stems only from violence. - The Stock
It's like putting a band-aid on cancer. - Philip Anselmo
Re: Small for starters. 07/16/2006 12:38 AM CDT
But its got big fangs!

As soon as your know the answer, you lose your reason to question. ~ Kane Vanderhoof