Lets do this 02/22/2006 05:40 PM CST
Enchantment gives me an itchin, so, uh... anyone have the specs? I don't really care much yet about the details involved, I just want to know how far along the development process it is, when it will go live, and can we finally make some staffs for us mages?
Re: Lets do this 02/22/2006 05:46 PM CST
<<Enchantment gives me an itchin, so, uh... anyone have the specs? I don't really care much yet about the details involved, I just want to know how far along the development process it is, when it will go live, and can we finally make some staffs for us mages? >>

It's still very early on in the development, as in we have plans, which could be tweaked around, but there has been no coding as of yet. No clue on when it will go live, and possibly, though more in the form of an enchanted weapon than any all power mage's staff type of deal more than likely.

-Chakram of the run-on sentences

"NVNC ID VIDES, NVNC NE VIDES"

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before" - Mae West
Re: Lets do this 02/22/2006 05:54 PM CST
Development - none yet.

Schedule - Work will possibly begin later this summer when Ssra has a chance to look at the lore systems. Work will be done one at a time on each guild's creation systems he said.

Details - Valdrick was our source of Enchantment ideas. With him gone it's anybody's guess what might come of enchanting when it's out in a few years. I say this, because in light of the weapon rewrite, and forging 2.0, it'd only make sense for GMs to do as they've done with the others systems to date. If one rewrite is going to affect another, then they'll wait on it so as to not have to rebalance it when it's over. We need the Mech Split and Bit Based exp before the Lore rewrite will happen to soo...

An excepts from the December Plat meeting regarding crafting Bone/Cloth armor:

Ssra says, "Initially, you won't be able to craft these armors. They will be adding to "Creation Systems 2.0" or "Careers." Lore development will be my focus once we make good the dual wield promise."
Ssra says, "Lore needs love. I plan to put a lot of energy into it in 2006."

With the team currently doing New Armors, Dual Wielding, Fatigue Changes, the Spell Review, and Expanding on the Lore system,,, it could easily take a few years time. Posts in the Clerical folders said Careers were scrapped, and focus would begin on Guild-Only creation systems, with some added perks for Lore Prime people. Not much more was said, so expect to hear more during VegasCon I guess. If careers are indeed scrapped and they round robin out the individual guild lore systems it could be a lot sooner, but still no time this year. I hope that helps explain where we are. It's a long road ahead, but there is a light up there somewhere ;)

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!
Re: Lets do this 02/22/2006 06:17 PM CST
What about recharging/repairing/etc self-cast devices?
Re: Lets do this 02/22/2006 06:35 PM CST
The fixing magical devices was a part of the Mend spell. I think it's pretty much scrapped at this point. It was originally going to fix all weapons/armor, then got changed to only repair magic devices (which still would have rocked), then even that I think was considered too powerful. How I'd love to be able to recharge runes, rods, charms and other magical devices :(

http://www.drplat.com - The DragonRealms Platinum Community Website. Be sure to vote DragonRealms as your #1 MUD!