TF WM Reckonning 05/08/2004 02:25 PM CDT
Hello Prime Players and GMs,

Just wanted to pop over and try to catch up with whats going on over here. Recently the TF GM Trib picked up the spot on the Moonie GM team, and I was kinda bent about losing some of his time and attention. Rather then be jealous about the one GM that I knew well going moonie, I decided maybe I would be positive and try to get to know my own guilds' GMs a lil better.

About me I run the highest WM (Armas-119), and the tenth or so highest WM (Gretrieg-93), as well as the two of the highest MM (Xentago-132 & Yachy-130), and the highest Ranger (Vandmore-99) in TF. I also own one of the 5 Player Boats, and have automated it for the server to use as a shared resource. Warrior Mages are my favorite and the rest are just my support staff, and temporary distractions from training my main and favorite character Gretrieg.

I play TF because I love exploring the different system and different guilds, everything from making rf sigils, to constellation jewelry, to foring light chain and heavy slice scims. The most long awaited system for me, besides being able to carve composite bows with vandmore is Enchanting. I read over here from time to time, but often get hated upon a little because I am TF, and not prime. This may not be the case, but I have felt it before. I think the only thing I ever contributed over here that mattered, was when I asked why fams didn't look when they found their target, which was quickly changed. Thank you to the GM that did this.

I hope to be able to participate in dicussion as both a WM and as a representative of the red headed bastard child server, TF.

So when is Enchanting slated? Do they have a quarter estimate for when its supposed to be worked on? Is it currently under development? Is it slated for 2004? Recently Trib (TF&Moonie GM) gave an overview of the projects slated for 2004, their order of precedence, and brief summaries. Is there a a recent post of this nature for Warmies? Again, I have been reading this folder on and off for a long time, waiting, and I just want to know when its going to become an actuality.

I have tons of ideas, thoughts and suggestions that I would share, express and discuss. I hope to encourage the WM GMs to come play over in TF once in a while, and perhaps persuade some of the players to venture over there as well. All I can say is TF is not prime, its a whole new world, not for everyone but alot of us that venture over stay there, finding a new home. I have always had fun interacting with the GMs that visit, having good experiences with Solomon & Trib, and even last nite with whichever GM was playing Silvyrfrost (I think Vaeldrik spelling?). And I apologize to that GM, that I let bleed to death, when I was just learning how to use an empath :). There is nothing like having Trib drop a couple Mammoths in your room, when you are utilizing your first amendment rights, in contradiction to his opinion. That is where the fun truly begins :)

I will contribute in the other forums, if this message is well received. In the mean time when is enchantments coming out? Does anyone have a list of the official postings about it, that are not just speculation? What is up with that persons enchanting case? Where did that come from? Recently I obtained a personal scale, that I can't find a non-rping system use for, will that tie into enchanting? Inquiring minds want to know.

Gretrieg

PS if you do ever come over to TF, the first thing you do is type Chat /on. We have a global chat system. Some of the recent people to start TF were sad at first because there weren't many people to talk to. The chat system however is where we laugh and joke all day long, with never more then a few minutes of silence.

Gretrieg & Krew,

Gretrieg, Yachy, Xentago, Armas, Brij/Wuden, Vandmore and the White Raven
Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/08/2004 02:32 PM CDT
>So when is Enchanting slated? Do they have a quarter estimate for when its supposed to be worked on? Is it currently under development? Is it slated for 2004?

Valdrik stated that he's finishing up work on the proposal for enchanting. When a GM wants to release a system/spell/ability/whatever I think first they have to outline what the system will do in a proposal. Then the Senior Game Masters or whoever the "suits" (::grin::) are then digest the idea, maybe offer feedback, and hopefully approve it. Then it gets coded.

So yeah, they're still in the proposal stage now.

>About me I run the highest WM (Armas-119), and the tenth or so highest WM (Gretrieg-93), as well as the two of the highest MM (Xentago-132 & Yachy-130), and the highest Ranger (Vandmore-99) in TF. I also own one of the 5 Player Boats, and have automated it for the server to use as a shared resource. Warrior Mages are my favorite and the rest are just my support staff, and temporary distractions from training my main and favorite character Gretrieg.
>I play TF because I love exploring the different system and different guilds, everything from making rf sigils, to constellation jewelry, to foring light chain and heavy slice scims.

I enjoy long walks on the beach and candle light dinners. Heh.

Tessaa
Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/08/2004 02:52 PM CDT
OMG please tell me this isn't the speed date forum for Prime. :P

So no official posts on the topic yet, just 784 dicussion pieces?

Gretrieg

Gretrieg & Krew,

Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/08/2004 02:57 PM CDT
Weapon Enchanting is somewhere in the queue for Valdrik to work on. Heh.

Due to some of the recent GM loss, some of the things they were working on may wind up on Valdrik's plate again, so that can affect when weapon enchanting will arrive. I know that Talian had been taking up some of the general Magic work, so some of that may come back to Valdrik, just as an example.

Weapon Enchanting (and the eventual Armor Enchanting) have been previously mentioned as needing to wait until DR2 becomes the production environment, in place of the current DR1 engine. Given how many bugs are still there in the current limited player beta test, it is probably still up in the air as to when the engine change will occur.

Valdrik posted, some time back, in the WM GM Announcements folder, IIRC, with a "Here's a list of things on my plate, in their order of priority." list. Weapon Enchanting was on that list, and, in addition, there is a DR Weapon Enchanting seminar on the official schedule for SimuCon, so hopefully there will be a general update on the status of that nascent system soon. Like the first Sunday of June soon, rather than SimuSoon.

BTW, the thought of Solomon in a suit is almost as frightening as the thought of Solomon getting a bikini wax. ::shiver::

~Kyn (Kynevon)

Kynevon's DR Links Page: http://www.geocities.com/kinevon @ prodigy.net/ (remove the spaces for my DR links page)
Mac OS X FE: http://www.simucon2004.com/~kynevon/DragonRealms/WaveFront.zip
Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/08/2004 03:27 PM CDT
There's not even an approved proposal for weapon enchanting, last I knew.

>BTW, the thought of Solomon in a suit is almost as frightening as the thought of Solomon getting a bikini wax. ::shiver::

Yet somehow the suit is much more appealing.

Steel.

YOU HAVE <insert ability here>!! YOU ARE OVERPOWERED!! DIE GUILD DIE!!!

Now with combat move charts!
http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/steelflash
Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/08/2004 03:33 PM CDT
So armor and weapons are in scope, thats great news. Hopefully they won't be perma delayed. What about runes, wand, staves, scroll writing?

A spell opposite of unleash, might be useful. Say the warmie buffed with a spell called spell comprehension or spell absorb (should be more grand sounding admittedly) and then an empath cast flush poison on them (self cast spell I know, but this is only and example). The spell would enter into the warmies mind, and then could be put into a properly prepared receptacle device (rune, wand, ring, etc).

Just a thought, I am sure all this has been talked about before tho. Will there be non-armor and non-weapon possibilities?

Gretrieg

Gretrieg & Krew,

Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/08/2004 03:46 PM CDT
In sight.. well maybe. I'd say it would be in sight when it is half coded, don't hold your breath you'll die or black out. Waited for years for the proposal alone to get in. Looking forward to it, hope the elf.. err Valdrick will do great things with it.

~SFC.Worrclan,Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/09/2004 12:19 PM CDT
I'm hoping that mining and smithing are in v2.whatever before enchanting is even started so there's actually is a strong base to put it on.

'Slimy Yet Satisfying' - Miko Mido

Supreme Bunny Overlord Zairius
Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/09/2004 02:57 PM CDT
I sure hope they come soon, I dropped nearly 2500pk in the last war on rf runes, lb wands, and fb wands alone. Never mind the 1500 I spent on rf sigils, burins, and cjs. Hopefully we will be able to make some of these devices in TF, so that fighting can become a little more economical. That being my third major war over there, I am starting to run really low on funds.
Gretrieg

Gretrieg & Krew,

Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/09/2004 02:59 PM CDT
<<I sure hope they come soon

Wait two years, my friend.

Trebber
Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/09/2004 07:12 PM CDT
>dropped nearly 2500pk in the last war on rf runes, lb wands, and fb wands alone.

What's the point of FB wands?

Tessaa
Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/10/2004 06:07 AM CDT
>What's the point of FB wands?

Instant cast, no mana needed, pretty sure they work with cambrinth too.

Steel.

YOU HAVE <insert ability here>!! YOU ARE OVERPOWERED!! DIE GUILD DIE!!!

Now with combat move charts!
http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/steelflash
Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/10/2004 03:03 PM CDT
>Instant cast, no mana needed, pretty sure they work with cambrinth too.

Yeah, but LB wands do all this too. I'll rephrase.

>I dropped nearly 2500pk in the last war on rf runes, lb wands, and fb wands alone.

Why use FB wands when you could use LB wands in a conflict?

Tessaa
Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/10/2004 06:00 PM CDT
<<Why use FB wands when you could use LB wands in a conflict?>>

The rare indoors conflict?

~ Telein ~
Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/12/2004 01:09 PM CDT
Chat yah FB wands work indoors and in water (untested). We had a lot of fights across the realms that would end up inside. In the early part of the war, we would attack their encampment on the stairs in the revenant zombies. Later in the sub rooms of player boats, and also in the few last non-locate rooms. The best attack on a 100+ barb is Frostbite, wand + rod, + spit, spit, spit, spit, spit, pray. Magic resistance never caps, but all spells do. That could be wrong, but the popular thought in TF.

Gretrieg

Gretrieg & Krew,

Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/12/2004 01:18 PM CDT
>Chat yah FB wands work indoors and...

Heh heh. I find myself sometimes throwing a "'" in the beginning of a sentence on IMs (abbreviation for SAY verb in game). Creatures of habit...

>Magic resistance never caps,

:_(

Tessaa
Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/17/2004 11:54 AM CDT
<<>Chat yah FB wands work indoors and...
Heh heh. I find myself sometimes throwing a "'" in the beginning of a sentence on IMs (abbreviation for SAY verb in game). Creatures of habit...>>

Ok you are hot enough to pick on me and live :) You coming back to TF?

Gretrieg of TF

Gretrieg & Krew,

Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/17/2004 12:02 PM CDT
>Ok you are hot enough to pick on me and live :) You coming back to TF?

I'm a dude, dude. I bought Tessaa from Sassy (that's who she plays (played?) in TF right?) a little over a year ago. Yeah, I hear she's pretty cute in RL.

No idea if I'll give TF a try again. But yeah, I am pretty hot, I guess. Wierdo.

Tessaa
Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/17/2004 12:21 PM CDT
HAHAHA I always mess up your name with Teesha's

Gretrieg & Krew,

Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/17/2004 12:26 PM CDT
lol
Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/17/2004 12:31 PM CDT
Link,

Armas(121 WM) vs Fatal (120 somethign MM)

give me a battle plan, besides name calling in chat...

Gretrieg & Krew,

Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/17/2004 02:23 PM CDT
I already told you. Don't fight him when he denies you the use of one of your spells by using other guild's spells. It's not like you have to fight him. You wouldn't fight someone if they said you had to lay down and not hide. It's the same thing, but to a lesser degree. If you still insist on fighting him, then be patient. Just sit in hiding with frostbite ready. When he comes out and has RT you cast and kill him. You just have to be willing to do nothing longer than he is.
Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/17/2004 06:20 PM CDT
If he wasn't fighting me, he was going to go kill Sam. I can't very well be the defender of the realms, without stepping up to the challenge.

Gretrieg & Krew,

Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/18/2004 01:38 PM CDT
>Don't fight him when he denies you the use of one of your spells

>Just sit in hiding with frostbite ready. When he comes out and has RT you cast and kill him. You just have to be willing to do nothing longer than he is.

So no CL? If you can kill/cripple with one wave of an LB wand consider also tremor -> LB wand. Make sure you have SuF and ES so you don't knock yourself over. Problem here is 3 second RT with casting tremor.

Remember also frsobite has no RT last I checked, can cast/hide (enter both commands at same time) and be safe, I believe.

Tessaa
Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/18/2004 01:39 PM CDT
Problem is no bring out of hiding thing with Frostbite. Can beat them up and stuff with FrB...if he points you have LB wand. Can wear down shear/SoD maybe with frostbites too.

Tessaa
Re: TF WM Reckonning 05/18/2004 05:22 PM CDT
Cast/hide still won't beat the outcasts and thier scripts.
Oughta report em.

Jerevth

Nodwick: "Okay... this is ominous."
Yeagar:"If "ominous" means something that makes you "*need to change your shorts*", then I've learned a new word."
(Moments later) I think I just "ominoused" myself.