Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/02/2009 07:57 AM CST
>>Could the mana level outside the war mage guild be increase a bit so people can gather there and practice again. The new gathering spot is suffering from the problems that the old one thankfully had removed.

>>I think I would rather my guild fixed to the way it was ment to be. The infirmary is for sick and injured people.

>>I personally just want someplace I can sit and practice and talk to others without someone sparing or casting AOE spells that hurt me.

Don't want to discuss the mana issue here, I'd just like to know if there's any chance of you rerolling into an inferior guild and bothering them with your mindless practicing in front of the guild?

I know that people play this game for many reasons and that most will simply not be interested in PvP, they like to socialize etc.

I'm fine with that, however don't here and say the guild needs fixing when it was people like you who created this aura the WM guild has today of snuggle bunnies who report at the most minor inconvenience to their regular routine of annoying the rest of us with the behavior more becoming of a Rathan pryd empath (no offense). Sorry to single you out in particular Valterus since I don't even know who you play but judging from those few complaints it seems you fit well into this category.
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/02/2009 08:35 AM CST
>> I don't even know who you play

Dakarnis.

/google-fu

Rev. Reene

"When a mind does not know itself, it is flawed. When a mind is flawed, the man is flawed. When a man is flawed, that which he touches is flawed. It is said that what a flawed man sees, his hands make broken." - Dak'kon
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/02/2009 12:18 PM CST
>>the WM guild has today of snuggle bunnies who report at the most minor inconvenience to their regular routine of annoying the rest of us

SAY </SARCASM> I'm totally reporting you for saying that.
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/05/2009 10:18 PM CST

>>Could the mana level outside the war mage guild be increase a bit so people can gather there and practice again. The new gathering spot is suffering from the problems that the old one thankfully had removed.

>>I think I would rather my guild fixed to the way it was ment to be. The infirmary is for sick and injured people.

>>I personally just want someplace I can sit and practice and talk to others without someone sparing or casting AOE spells that hurt me.

Don't want to discuss the mana issue here, I'd just like to know if there's any chance of you rerolling into an inferior guild and bothering them with your mindless practicing in front of the guild?

I know that people play this game for many reasons and that most will simply not be interested in PvP, they like to socialize etc.

I'm fine with that, however don't here and say the guild needs fixing when it was people like you who created this aura the WM guild has today of snuggle bunnies who report at the most minor inconvenience to their regular routine of annoying the rest of us with the behavior more becoming of a Rathan pryd empath (no offense). Sorry to single you out in particular Valterus since I don't even know who you play but judging from those few complaints it seems you fit well into this category.

Excuse me for enjoying the ability to sit down and practice my skills without any of the following:

Someone says " I'm bored, who can I attack?"

or

Someone gestures and an area effecting spell....

Hits you with a roundtime....
Hits you with a mana parasite...
Hits you and drops you to the ground...
Hits you and damages you in some way...
Hits you and makes you drop what you are holding..
Hits you and stuns you
Etc, Etc, Etc,...

Someone giggles and says " Did I do that?"

or

Someone says "Anyone want to spar?"

Someone begins to advance on you!

I am doing my own thing that doesn't involve or require you thinking I am here to amuse you. I'm content to mind my own business...follow the lead here.

Posted by Idons-Buddy

>> I don't even know who you play

Dakarnis.

/google-fu

Yeah good-fu failed, sucks to roll a natural 1. I retired that guy long ago because people felt it was their sole reason to exsist to tell me how I should act, play my character, what guild I should be in, Etc, Etc, Etc. Who I am now is no one's business and it will remain my secret.

I am just tired of the way act towards others in this game. The vast majority go about their time in the game and we all get along. Some small group of people who choose to act differently choose to gather together and do their own thing with each other and are the better for it. They can attack and kill each other till they walk the stary road for all I care. I don't interfere in it but I'll be damned to hell if I will be forced into something I don't want to play or do. My role play doesn't need that type of stuff and I've been playing since 96 that way.

Also this will be the only reply from me on this matter in the folder. Don't like it? Do like I have been told all these years from your kind. " Suck it up!"
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/05/2009 10:30 PM CST
>> Who I am now is no one's business and it will remain my secret.

You were still Dakarnis as of 6 months ago. I mean, good for you if you rerolled I guess.

I'll always remember you for your multiple epic board nerdrages about gwethsmashers though. <3

Rev. Reene

"When a mind does not know itself, it is flawed. When a mind is flawed, the man is flawed. When a man is flawed, that which he touches is flawed. It is said that what a flawed man sees, his hands make broken." - Dak'kon
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/05/2009 10:52 PM CST
Haven't played in over a year and I rerolled before I left.
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/06/2009 11:58 AM CST
>Also this will be the only reply from me on this matter in the folder. Don't like it? Do like I have been told all these years from your kind. " Suck it up!"

and then...

>Haven't played in over a year and I rerolled before I left.
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/06/2009 02:58 PM CST
I'd like to recommend to people that when someone AOEs in the "new" gathering spot, just attack them; they started it. Or report them. Your choice. I've been killed twice attacking people that AOE my classes and was nearly killed this week for the same thing. It's just a death, if you decide to handle it IC, not a big deal. A report is even less work, but not my cup of tea.

(I realize you don't "have" to die attacking the AOEers, but I'm a mid-high circle and can't touch most of the griefers I've met, so it's pretty likely that if you aren't Legendary, you have a losing fight.)

If we all start standing up and fighting against the bullies and griefers, either with sword and spell or report, we have a chance to take back our spot. I realize now that the GMs don't care that we want a bin and not to be attacked daily. You should realize that too. Your best choice now is to actually do something about it. Stand on your own two feet and give the griefers a big "F...unny weather today".

P.S. Valterus, the second post was HILARIOUS.
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/06/2009 03:00 PM CST
If someone hits you with an AoE that isn't damaging you there isn't anything to report.

Man up and attack them. Or at least stop blithely scripting away and say something.

Rev. Reene

Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/06/2009 05:25 PM CST
>>If someone hits you with an AoE that isn't damaging you there isn't anything to report.
Having just talked to someone who feared "Feeding the Trolls", I'll add that you should report for harassment anyways and let the GMs sort it out. If suggesting such a report is against policy, sorry.

You would "Feed the Trolls" by responding to a bully, agitator or "donkey" with violence, a reaction they want and feed on. If it is known the War Mage guild is a place to troll bait, there is fear it would increase harassment there. I understand the sentiment but I already agree with Reene when she says:

>>Man up

I'll add "Woman up" too.
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/06/2009 05:35 PM CST
All of this "griefing" you guys keep talking about must be happening when I'm not there.

Are you sure you're just not getting butthurt by people having fun in your general vicinity?

Rev. Reene

Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/06/2009 06:05 PM CST
>>Are you sure you're just not getting butthurt by people having fun in your general vicinity?

I hit the Crossings once or twice a week or so. I teach at the guild for 3-4 hours about once a week. All but one of the times I've been there for the past 2 months I've seen people harassing the crowd, thinking they are only messing with scripters. My sample size is small. The correlation is great. And the people I've talked to say it is a very frequent occurrence. And surely YOU, who reads more boards than I, have read a good number of posts with people complaining about it.

My beef is that, when I teach a class, I don't want some douche coming by to disrupt it, thinking everyone in the room is AFK Scripting. Past that, I'm sick of the number of high level characters come by to harass the low circle people there.
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/06/2009 06:36 PM CST
I haven't read a ton of posters complaining about it, no.

I have read one or two very vocal posters who clearly want their safe little scripter-haven saferoom back.

Long live the new gathering spot.

Rev. Reene

Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/06/2009 07:30 PM CST
Oh, Dakarnis reported me for gwethsmashing him a couple years ago with my Ranger.

http://www.smelly-cat.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7474&hilit=dakarnis
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/07/2009 02:19 AM CST
>> Oh, Dakarnis reported me for gwethsmashing him a couple years ago with my Ranger.

Ahaha.

And, I seriously doubt the "griefing" is really going on. I just don't really see the people NOT reporting... Though I'm going to have to come down and see what all the fun is about.
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/07/2009 02:32 AM CST
I hung out there for like an hour tonight and had a pretty pleasant roletardy philosophical conversation (existentialist moonies ftw) with a couple of the people there, complete with one of the regular scripters there getting hostile and nasty at me just for being there and talking to them.

Following his third or fourth snide remark I told him to cram it or get something crammed in him and he shut up. I can only guess that this is what they mean by "griefing."

Rev. Reene

Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/07/2009 02:38 AM CST
i was there, no griefing occured during your conversation.. it's pretty rare really. usually someone comes in and casts AoE, or robs people to pick fights..

pretty old school

>>I'm constantly amazed by the things that people do in game that would get them punched in the face in RL, but then they try to claim that they didn't do anything that would warrent a PvP situation.<<
-Evran
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/07/2009 02:40 AM CST
>>or robs people to pick fights..

I was robbing people :shh:

But I don't do it to pick fights. I do it because some of you guys sit around with gold coins in your pocket. I mean really, that's just asking for it.

Rev. Reene

Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/07/2009 02:42 AM CST
lol. they deserve it then.

>>I'm constantly amazed by the things that people do in game that would get them punched in the face in RL, but then they try to claim that they didn't do anything that would warrent a PvP situation.<<
-Evran
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 12/07/2009 09:32 AM CST
>>I am doing my own thing that doesn't involve or require you thinking I am here to amuse you. I'm content to mind my own business...follow the lead here

If it were only that i wouldn't have problem with you. Instead you come here and QQ asking for the GMs to take time out of their schedules to accomodate your pathetic and cowardly existence as a WM by adding more safe room mechanics.
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 02/11/2010 11:55 PM CST
>>Yawn<<
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 02/12/2010 12:55 PM CST
Just an FYI for future reference, replying with "yawn," implying that you don't care, doesn't really work the way you want it to when you're replying to a thread that hasn't been posted in for over 2 months.
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 02/12/2010 01:09 PM CST
>>Just an FYI for future reference, replying with "yawn," implying that you don't care, doesn't really work the way you want it to when you're replying to a thread that hasn't been posted in for over 2 months.

Maybe they're just waking up from a 2 month long nap
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 02/12/2010 09:45 PM CST
>Maybe they're just waking up from a 2 month long nap

I'm siding with this. People see the negative all the time. stretch and now I go to bed.
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 02/12/2010 09:52 PM CST
Okay, new conflict time.

Mordimer sux.

discuss.

Rev. Reene

Xalahai says to you, "Don't you know me? I'm Jhipicalain, the awesomest warrior mage ever."
Xalahai says, "Then I will go hide in my tower where nobody can get to me. Because I am the greatest. Ever."
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 02/13/2010 07:38 AM CST
I don't understand why i sux so much.
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 02/13/2010 03:53 PM CST
You're a WM, you wouldn't.

Waaah what happened to my CL!?
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 02/13/2010 05:12 PM CST
>>Waaah what happened to my CL!?

It's in yo' face fool
Re: Valterus & Other Likeminded WMs 02/17/2010 06:36 PM CST
Mordimer does in fact sux. I have verified this through testing.

Eladrin