Prev_page Previous 1
Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/20/2008 07:38 PM CDT
>>And people wonder why there's lobby groups advocating greater restrictions on the use of tasers by the 'professionals.'

>>-Evran

I don't wonder...there's always some idiot that wants to hug away violence.

Explain to me how you think they should be more restricted? Should they be considered deadly force? In the force continuum they're already one step below a bullet to the pan.

I'm really very curious to see if you have any basis for this or if you just got a ticket the day you posted that.

I'm gonna be a tough sell though, my tazer has saved two lives during my 1 year stint as a cop.

Red'

P.S.- My personal life and my professional life don't mix. Who you see here isn't the cop me. This is me me. Me me flips the bird and drinks alot. Cop me says, "Yes sir/ma'am." even when they're spitting obscenities.

Redeth smiles and points at you with her right hand, then taps herself in the chest with her left. She raises both her hands in the air and whirls both around and then brings them together in a sharp crack of flesh on flesh.

Translation: go time
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/20/2008 07:47 PM CDT
It was the flippant comment about hoping you'd get someone you used it on to pee because of it. Have some respect for your position please.

I personally think tasers are fine and a good tool if treated with respect. Its the attitude behind the weapon that more often needs work. If greater restrictions on their use leads to greater respect for their use I am fully behind that. If all it takes is a weekend workshop at the local station to instill some respect, I am content with that.

-Evran
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/20/2008 08:28 PM CDT
Hooray for booster seats and tasers!

>warn DragonRealms interact

* Connection to the game has been dropped.
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/20/2008 09:27 PM CDT
>>Hooray for booster seats and tasers!

I can ALMOST touch the pedals with a phone book under me...it's the difference between moving and seeing...and I hate sitting still.

>>It was the flippant comment about hoping you'd get someone you used it on to pee because of it. Have some respect for your position please.

I don't know if you know the use of force continuum...but when someone uses a tazer it's to protect against possible harm, either to the cop or to the public at large.

When I weld someone it's cause they're being REALLY naughty. I hope when they get that 50k kiss they flop around like a fish out of water, scream like a girlscout with a spider in her hair and lose ALL control of their body...and I hope someone films it and puts it on youtube.

It's not because I'm angry at them, or that I want revenge or even that I'm an adrenalin junky. I just don't want a repeat of the behavior that caused the ruckus in the first place.

I absolutely respect the tazer, and I absolutely respect the fear it creates just being out and in your hand.

I just wish it made people pee themselves.

Red'

Redeth smiles and points at you with her right hand, then taps herself in the chest with her left. She raises both her hands in the air and whirls both around and then brings them together in a sharp crack of flesh on flesh.

Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/20/2008 11:20 PM CDT
>>I'm gonna be a tough sell though, my tazer has saved two lives during my 1 year stint as a cop.

Eh? Would you zap a 13-year-old girl?

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 04:15 AM CDT
>>Eh? Would you zap a 13-year-old girl?

In a fraction of a heartbeat if that 13-year-old girl was holding a firearm towards myself or another person and it wasn't 1000%(not a typo) clear that they could be talked down.

Tazers are meant to be that cut above brute force but a cut below Lethal force.

I would rather see a person talked down than get physically detained.

I would rather see a person physically detained than to be tazed.

I would rather see a person get tazed than get shot.

I would rather see a person get shot than to see that person shoot some innocent.

Something that everyone needs to keep in mind. Our Law Enforcement Officers must make life and death decisions when they are dealing with volatile situations. I personally am SUPER HAPPY GLAD that they are being given more non-lethal choices.

My oppinion on Red's desire to see someone who's Tazed urinate on them selves... Keep in mind, like I do, if Red has Tazed someone then that someone was intent on causing physical harm to someone and could not be talked down or physcially detained. If someone cannot be talked down, They deserve what they get. I'll go a step further than Red and say... I want to see someone who gets Tazed deficate along with the urination. Then to top it off, I want it taped on put on youtube and have a mention on the nightly news!

~Briarwen
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 07:46 AM CDT
The problem with tazers is that cops use them too liberally. They don't attempt to do anything else anymore but taze. I'd personally rather get beaten up by a nightstick then tazed.

Just recently a young man died at Miami of Ohio University after being tazed by cops. I've done my fair share of partying in Miami and the cops there have always been assholes but when i was in college they weren't using tazers and your life wasn't in danger if you were partying a little too hard. I mean can you imagine a 20 year olds life ending just because he got too drunk and mouthed off to the cops??

I'm ok with cops continuing to use tazers, but only as a last resort. And i'm certainly not OK with cops getting off on causing physical harm on another person no matter what they did to deserve it.

~ Mordimer
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 09:29 AM CDT
What Mordimer said. Tasers and rubber bullets are considered non-lethal, but they do sometimes kill people. And they aren't always used as a last resort, not even close.
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 11:44 AM CDT
"The problem with tazers is that cops use them too liberally. They don't attempt to do anything else anymore but taze. I'd personally rather get beaten up by a nightstick then tazed."

You have anything to back up that assertion? I am fully aware that some cops can over react and that some people have died after being tazed, but to make a blanket statement that 'they don't attempt to do anything else anymore but taze' begs to be challenged.

Every time a policeman has to physically grapple with someone who is resisting arrest, they are risking their own lives. Multiply that by the number of drunken, high and just idiotic people that they encounter during a typical week, and the risk of them being injured trying to protect me and you goes up dramatically. You couldn't pay me enough to be a cop and deal with the hassles and the risks. They are the ones who confront someone who is physically out of control and have to make a split second decision(hopefully based upon good training but that is certainly not taken for granted) on what degree of force to use. If they make the wrong decision, someone might die- the perp, the victim or the cop.

I will make my own unsubstantiated statement- Tazers have saved more lives than they have taken, and most cops use them responsibly.

This is not a blanket defense of bad cops- anybody abusing authority or injuring people without justification should be thrown off the force and prosecuted if warrented, and I know that this is easier said than done. But I have watched good cops in action, and continue to be impressed by the large majority of those who don't end up in the headlines.

"militantly enforcing the overly rigid standards of you and your small collection of friends"
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 12:20 PM CDT
>I will make my own unsubstantiated statement- Tazers have saved more lives than they have taken, and most cops use them responsibly.

Almost certainly true. I'm talking about when they're used on unarmed unruly children, people in wheelchairs, and the elderly. I've read about all three cases.

Don't gar zeng me bro!
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 12:34 PM CDT
>>When I weld someone it's cause they're being REALLY naughty. I hope when they get that 50k kiss they flop around like a fish out of water, scream like a girlscout with a spider in her hair and lose ALL control of their body...and I hope someone films it and puts it on youtube.

>>It's not because I'm angry at them, or that I want revenge or even that I'm an adrenalin junky. I just don't want a repeat of the behavior that caused the ruckus in the first place.

Frankly, I like the idea of youtube and cellphone cameras destroying the careers of bad cops. You know, I wanted to be a cop when I was growing up - but then I graduated high school.

- Galren

>>The Rippentropps are a mysterious collective of well-known individuals whose primary charge is to initiate the advancing task of not stopping.
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 01:18 PM CDT
One of my favorite Onion headlines was "Former High-School Bully Pulls You Over For Speeding."

~Thilan
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 01:54 PM CDT
"Tasers and rubber bullets are considered non-lethal, but they do sometimes kill people. And they aren't always used as a last resort, not even close. "

They are not a last resort. Last resort would be the cop putting 2 rounds into a persons chest.

Thanks,
Kleis
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 02:33 PM CDT
>They are not a last resort. Last resort would be the cop putting 2 rounds into a persons chest.

Missing the point?

Thanks Kleis
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 03:06 PM CDT
"Missing the point?"

Nope just pointing out that you are wrong

Thanks,
Kleis
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 03:38 PM CDT
>>You have anything to back up that assertion? I am fully aware that some cops can over react and that some people have died after being tazed, but to make a blanket statement that 'they don't attempt to do anything else anymore but taze' begs to be challenged.

If i say i watched a news special on it would that be doing anything to back it up? I'm not going to go around pulling links for you but all you have to do is watch the nightly news and you'll hear of someone getting tazed. More often then not it is for something petty because if it's a case of a killer or robber running from the police they just shoot him.

Even during the infamous "don't taze me bro" incident which i'm sure most people have seen on youtube the tazer was not needed. They had like 5 cops there and you really need to taze that guy to remove him from the building? I do think those cops got in trouble for that btw.

Do some research of your own and you'll see that there have been dozens of deaths in the US, and certain ones were tragic because the use of a tazer was not warranted.

I do understand that police officers are put in danger but that is their freaking job, thats what they get paid for. When they get lazy, or enjoy seeing people piss themselves, they pull out a tazer and every once in a while an innocent person dies because of it. I'm sorry but being drunk in public and not cooperating with the police does not warrant a death sentence.

~ Mordimer
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 04:11 PM CDT
>Nope just pointing out that you are wrong

It is a matter of context, in this case, an unruly person who doesn't pose an immediate deadly threat. Shooting someone in that situation is not an option. If you want to be idiotic, you can say that the pistol isn't the last resort either. What if the suspect has body armor on and is using an assault rifle? (Hey it has happened: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout )

>Even during the infamous "don't taze me bro" incident which i'm sure most people have seen on youtube the tazer was not needed. They had like 5 cops there and you really need to taze that guy to remove him from the building? I do think those cops got in trouble for that btw.

"Meyer was thrown in jail for the night, on charges of resisting an officer and disturbing the peace. Students protested outside the jail, chanting "Don't tase me, bro!" even though Meyer had already demonstrated they were not the magic words to prevent a tasing...

"He... issued a public apology to the university and the police for behaving inappropriately.

"Prosecutors agreed to drop all charges if Meyer would complete a voluntary 18-month probation... Meanwhile the Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigated the incident and declared that the cops' actions were justified.

http://www.cracked.com/article_16486_where-are-they-now-6-stars-embarrassing-viral-videos.html
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 04:37 PM CDT
This is the right kind of conflict.

Cops are people like us...regular. Their job is to do a lot of stuff we don't want to do. Their not grocers or lawyers, they're cops. If some idiot walked two steps towards me because he wanted to cause some trouble, i'd taze him. Then make some kind of profane vindictive taunt.

You might too.

But having accepted the mission, police have to enforce the laws with cold calculation and a dispassionate affect.

A lot don't right out of the academy. They're taught, with good justification, that they should get control of every situation and that the best way to do that is through intimidation. It works, and they are, afterall, trying not to die...even during stops for speeding violations (we've all seen the video).

ITS TOO BIG FOR ME

:oP Ragran
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 05:00 PM CDT
"If i say i watched a news special on it would that be doing anything to back it up? I'm not going to go around pulling links for you but all you have to do is watch the nightly news and you'll hear of someone getting tazed.

I missed that special, and yes I hear occasionally about someone being tasered. So I did a quick google search for recent taser incidents in my area. I found:

a naked man who kicked and pointed a handgun at a paramedic

That was the only case I could find in the last 30 days reported in the news for a major metropolitan area.

"Do some research of your own and you'll see that there have been dozens of deaths in the US, and certain ones were tragic because the use of a tazer was not warranted."

Actually quick research led me to sources claim that there have been 150 or more deaths after taser use in the U.S. in 6 years, or an average of 25 deaths a year. Any death resulting from violence when it isn't warrented- whether it comes from a Taser, a bullet or a baton, or even restraints is tragic. The question though is whether its the technology or the user, and whether this is an epidemic of abuse, as you are claiming or there are incidents of abuses by individual police officers.

"I do understand that police officers are put in danger but that is their freaking job, thats what they get paid for. When they get lazy, or enjoy seeing people piss themselves, they pull out a tazer and every once in a while an innocent person dies because of it. I'm sorry but being drunk in public and not cooperating with the police does not warrant a death sentence"

No, their job is to keep the peace, maintain order and enforce the laws. Sometimes it means putting themselves at risk, but they are under no obligation to risk their own life and wrestle with someone who is being combative, and risk their own life just to avoid the minuscule chance that using a taser might kill someone.

Sure Tasers can be misused, and probably are. But if there were no Tasers, those same cops who abuse Tasers would likely be shooting people or clubbing them to death.

"I'm sorry but being drunk in public and not cooperating with the police does not warrant a death sentence."

Hardly a death sentence, but if you choose to get drunk in public and the police get called and you refuse too cooperate, you are risking your life, liberty and health.

"militantly enforcing the overly rigid standards of you and your small collection of friends"
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 05:51 PM CDT
>>Cops are people like us...regular. Their job is to do a lot of stuff we don't want to do. Their not grocers or lawyers, they're cops. If some idiot walked two steps towards me because he wanted to cause some trouble, i'd taze him. Then make some kind of profane vindictive taunt.

The defining element of a state's sovereignty is the legitimate use of violence. The state is a state in large part because it has claimed the right to detain you, execute you, or simply shoot you in the street like a rabid dog; only the agreements it chooses to honor limits its domestic power.

When someone decides to wield violence on behalf of the state, he is no longer just another person -- he cannot be, or else he has no moral authority to do so. He must be held to a higher standard of conduct than the citizens he has authority over, and he must uphold the dignity of the state. Failure to do so is not only a crippling personal failure, but an attack on the agreements that hold society as we know it together. There may be worse crimes under God's laws, but there is no worse way to harm society than an officer that degrades the authority of a vital office.

The majority of people are not suited for the gravity of this kind of work...but that's the point. There must be little room for error for the few who govern the many.

-Armifer
"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms-- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."
-Viktor Frankl
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 06:13 PM CDT
I'm not sure, but I think Armifer just threw down.

Rev. Reene

Idon: Why are we taunting the happy fun Y'shai, again?
Me: Idon know.
Idon: You disgust me.
Me: At least I'm not trying to Phelim up.
Idon: Makes me wonder what she's doing to the World Dragon.
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 07:05 PM CDT
>>I'm not sure, but I think Armifer just threw down.

People who choose to live and die for the state are exceptional. They are not necessarily better than citizens (sometimes they are tragically worse), but they have chosen to step into positions of tremendous stress and authority, to prove themselves for better or worse.

I have tremendous respect for those who do prove themselves. For every bit of condemnation you read in that post, look at the subtext from a different angle. I do not use strong words about their failings because I dislike civil servants, but because it is so important that these people get it right. It is vital that the person who comes to my rescue is more competent than I am, and it is critical that the person who holds a gun to my head has reserves of emotional stability greater than what I mustered to put myself in that situation.

The job requires exceptional people. To judge them by a lesser metric is to both accept too little and do the office a dishonor.

-Armifer
"...everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms-- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."
-Viktor Frankl
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 07:26 PM CDT
Damn Armifer. Well said.

- Galren

>>The Rippentropps are a mysterious collective of well-known individuals whose primary charge is to initiate the advancing task of not stopping.
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 07:31 PM CDT
i agree 100%

And because not everyone on the force should be on the force, and by nature of the massive level of mortal and legal exposure that is intrinic to their work, the "other side of the coin" finds a voice and pushes back, bringing law-enforcement and pedestrian citizenry to the perfect, harmonious equilibrium that we find ourselves in today.

:oP Ragran
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 09:41 PM CDT
>>There may be worse crimes under God's laws, but there is no worse way to harm society than an officer that degrades the authority of a vital office.

You start off so well...and then you bring that intellectual freebee "god" into it. ;-)

I'll give you guys a bit of my speech (had to last 10 minutes and I don't remember most of it) when I graduated, I was head grades/shooter for my class and I'm not shy so I got asked to speak. If you've read any of my posts you know I don't lie. I've upheld all of this.

"During the course of our academy we've had many instructors...all of which first introduced themselves and then asked us our reasons for wanting to become police officers. After a while it becomes rote (spelling? I can talk it but I can't spell it) but even at its most diluted, no one came here to be a tyrant. No one is here for the wrong reasons."

"We're here to better our community. When we leave here we are peace officers in name only. We know the law and we know the rules but peace is not in a book. Peace is in the efforts we make."

"Lady justice is blind but she has us to help her and she's given us tools to do so. In her left hand is your creed, the scales of justice. Enforce law without bias or prejudice and be, yourself, a beacon that others may follow. In her right hand is the sword of authority, an authority given to us by the people we serve...an authority given only in the understanding that we may better their society."

"The word of the law may change. The spirit of the law is something that we can uphold for all our lives."

End me on soapbox philosophy.

You'll never find a more impartial and fair person than me, I've given my brother a ticket before (mook still thinks he's in california) and he's the only blood family that I like.

I don't know if anyone else has studied philosophy but it's a bit of an eye opener. In life you do things because they feel right because you were taught that way because your parents feel that way because their parents felt that way.

When you stop to examine yourself, you find a LOT of ugly. I went through a whole week of self examination where I couldn't stand to be in the same room with me.

You get over it and do your best to adhere to principles that you believe are right and just.

My own are few but prohibitive.

1. Never lie.
2. Never be hypocritical.
3. Religion is a child's security blanket (more philosophy than rule.)
4. Never stick to an opinion when proven wrong.
5. Never compromise your morals for the easy road.

And I still want to see the people I taze lose bodily control of themselves.

Red'

Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 09:44 PM CDT
>Eh? Would you zap a 13-year-old girl?

As big and fat as the kids are today, I would shock her like Ozzy Ozbourne at a Baptist church picnic. Snap, Crackle, and Pop would be her cellmates for the next week.

>Just recently a young man died at Miami of Ohio University after being tazed by cops. I've done my fair share of partying in Miami and the cops there have always been <delete>...

Apparenly he wasnt a happy drunk. Mean drunks suck. Better him than the fun guy. Also, Miami of Ohio is not in Miami.

>I mean can you imagine a 20 year olds life ending just because he got too drunk and mouthed off to the cops??

Because mouthing off to a cop is all it takes.

>warn DragonRealms interact

* Connection to the game has been dropped.
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 09:51 PM CDT
>>I do understand that police officers are put in danger but that is their freaking job, thats what they get paid for. When they get lazy, or enjoy seeing people piss themselves, they pull out a tazer and every once in a while an innocent person dies because of it. I'm sorry but being drunk in public and not cooperating with the police does not warrant a death sentence

I can't read minds. If John Paul the forgiver ran from me, I'd assume he was a fleeing felon.

I have a duty to assume that. If, of the 100+ people I know professionally in my town of 1400, one of them decides to run on me...sure, it makes my life easier to just scold them later on (I deal with them everday...course it would be easier to just punch them on the arm), instead of hammering them on the spot. But what if...that ONE time...they really did go berserk? My duty is to everyone, from the runner to the people he may harm. It's not just a moral duty, it's also a legal duty. I'd lose my job and my house if I decided to let some drunk twit go on about his idiocy and he ended up gaking himself or someone else.

As a cop you must treat EVERYONE the same. You don't have to see taliban in every loogey on your uniform...but you do have to control people who can't control themselves and minimize impact to those who've been victimized.

Red'

I play a pally in RL, so I play a warmie here.

Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 09:58 PM CDT
>>Frankly, I like the idea of youtube and cellphone cameras destroying the careers of bad cops. You know, I wanted to be a cop when I was growing up - but then I graduated high school.

I personally put up money for our dash-cam. We didn't have the funds for it...we couldn't even put a light-bar on our second vehicle...but I believe in accountability and I CERTAINLY believe in evidence of wrongdoing.

On the back of all my business cards are the methods for complaint reporting procedures and I never make a traffic stop without turning on my digital voice recorder.

If I screw up, I wanna know about it. If it costs me my career...you're damn skippy I wanna know about it.

Red'

Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 10:09 PM CDT
>>When someone decides to wield violence on behalf of the state

Violence is never on behalf of an organization. Violence is a response to a threat be it immediate or forthcoming. It's never a planned and calculated thing. That's why it's called violence. It's unpredictable and scary and by nature it's a choice of evils.

Violence that I wield is due to immensely ingrained (and highly examined) training. It's in response to perceived threat, to myself or others. Morally I believe this to be sound...legally it is. My organization (and the belief that the people put into that organization) puts me into these situations.

Ragran said it better than I could have:

>>Cops are people like us...regular.

If I put you into the same situations you would come up with the same conclusions.

Sure you wouldn't be as straight a shot...and you wouldn't know dink about tazers, oc spray, baton or (unless your a wrestler) USD.

Morally you would come up with the same answers as any schmuck on the force. "Stop this idiot. He's going to hurt someone."

Red'

Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 10:19 PM CDT
>>Almost certainly true. I'm talking about when they're used on unarmed unruly children, people in wheelchairs, and the elderly. I've read about all three cases.

I'll admit that I don't have cable so I don't get much update on this.

Did you get a status on the officers that perpetuated this?

In a society of millions with a media that looks for juice...you're going to hear the weird stories. That's a fact. If some grandma in a wheelchair was holding a kitchen knife...that's too damn bad for her.

Without backstory I can't condemn or praise the officers that welded these people.

If you don't know then...

To say that SOME are exempt from violence simply because of their physical status is not only (reversely) prejudice but ignorant as well.

Our violence hierarchy is not built on the strength of our arms anymore...it's how good we aim. Many invalids can pull a trigger.

Red'

Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 10:21 PM CDT
Bugger...didn't catch that "Unarmed" part. If that was the case...I know the one guy who was a SRO got fired...not sure about his civil case though.

Red'

Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 10:24 PM CDT
>>What Mordimer said. Tasers and rubber bullets are considered non-lethal, but they do sometimes kill people. And they aren't always used as a last resort, not even close.

Peanuts sometimes kill people.

When I go to the firing range for qualification I don't make one hole and then throw all the rest of the bullets into the same hole. It's an average.

The average is what we have to deal with.

The average person gets hammered with a tazer and is fine in 10 minutes. The average shot for a rubber round doesn't harm someone. It's incapacitates them. If cops were out shooting people for sport, I could see the basis for this. But even the most avid badge spitter has to admit that when someone is tazed...the cop wasn't trying to kill them. He was trying to NOT kill them.

Red'

Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 10:27 PM CDT
Six sequential posts from one person.
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 10:31 PM CDT
>>The problem with tazers is that cops use them too liberally. They don't attempt to do anything else anymore but taze. I'd personally rather get beaten up by a nightstick then tazed.

Personally I'd rather be tazed...but that's cause I've had the crap kicked out of me (said something rude to a gang banger once) and I've been tazed.

Unfortunately it's not a choice that's yours to make. If you screw up and earn the status of "Potential threat" I'm sorry...we don't ask what you'd prefer.

The liberal use of the tazer can be attributed to politics...oddly enough.

You're local sheriff's office or your PD are bound by their leaders. Which means the more money that their leaders save...the more they can spend on themselves/training/equipment...etc. Ask your local cop if he goes from call to call to call.

He's got to keep moving...at all times. I have the option of talking someone down for hours, if I think it's possible. Just because I'm a small town cop. If something big happens I'll just call in someone else to handle it while I worry about how to NOT beat the snot out of you (the perpetrator).

You're absolutely right though...but it's not a matter of ego...it's a matter of priority.

As a cop, in my county, if I were to spend an inordinate amount of time convincing you that you need to go to detox...that means that 5+ people who called our office (and there's a priority of call) get the shaft.

"Sorry someone broke into your house...lock that bitch next time...idiot...we got better stuff to do."

So yes, violence is sometimes used as a time saver...but you can't blame the officers for that.

Red'

Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 10:33 PM CDT
<<Five sequential posts from one person.

Seven if you don't count the post by Godkin. I suppose she feels offended someone called her out on her unprofessional remark and has to spam the same things over and over to try and convince us and herself that it wasn't.

-Evran
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 10:39 PM CDT
They were good arguments. I wish I was more people...but far be it from me to shy from a well introduced argument.

Red'

Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 10:46 PM CDT
>>Seven if you don't count the post by Godkin. I suppose she feels offended someone called her out on her unprofessional remark and has to spam the same things over and over to try and convince us and herself that it wasn't.

I'd respond...except that wasn't really an argument...it was more like..."She talked alot! Don't listen to her!"

I still want people to piss themselves when I taze them.

Red'

Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 11:03 PM CDT
>>Mean drunks suck.

That. (to copy)

Unfortunately...they sober up and apologize. It would be so much easier if they were just dinks all the time.

Red'

Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 11:05 PM CDT
Please...just...please. Stop posting.

Rev. Reene

Idon: Why are we taunting the happy fun Y'shai, again?
Me: Idon know.
Idon: You disgust me.
Me: At least I'm not trying to Phelim up.
Idon: Makes me wonder what she's doing to the World Dragon.
Re: Evran/tazer comment from Real life warmie folder 07/21/2008 11:22 PM CDT
>>Please...just...please. Stop posting.

Did GODKIN hold a seminar or something?

I enjoy arguing. I DON'T enjoy morons using that catch all, "You're dumb" phrase.

If you have something pertinent to say...I'd love to hear it...for real. If not...could you please shut your lollipop-lover, sweetheart?

Thanks so much.

Red'

P.S.-Maybe I'm missing some REALLY important bit of information that forbids people from saying what they think.

Prev_page Previous 1