Bootlickers 05/20/2008 06:36 PM CDT
I don't care how long someone has been around...how long they've trained or how many people like them.

If they say/do/are something that annoys you...OWN it. Everything else is just being a coward.

"Oh god! He/she knows everyone though!...and everyone likes them! What ever will I do if I disagree?!"

Grow a backbone...or swallow your pride like a great big lump of lame. If you take a death and a little ostracizing...that's life.

If you roleplay an invertibre...BY ALL MEANS! Lick that boot. It probably tastes better than the self loathing you'd have to face if you stopped.

Red'

You hear the ghostly voice of Redeth say, "That plan worked better in my head."
Re: Bootlickers 05/20/2008 06:55 PM CDT
you're kind of crazy

Rev. Reene

Idon: Oh wow, you got a send from Solomon? You must feel special.
Me: Special in the way the Tiananmen Square guy must have felt special, yeah.
Re: Bootlickers 05/20/2008 06:59 PM CDT
Wow......streams of consciousness posts work better when they don't come off as lunatic ramblings. You do realize this is a game right?

"militantly enforcing the overly rigid standards of you and your small collection of friends"
Re: Bootlickers 05/20/2008 09:06 PM CDT
You are criticizing someone for being a coward and avoiding conflict and then you don't have the guts to call them out by name?

Weak (although rather humorous).

-Sephos
Re: Bootlickers 05/20/2008 10:05 PM CDT
Redeth,

Please stop posting. That is all.
Re: Bootlickers 05/20/2008 10:26 PM CDT
The problem is you can't just own people when they are being annoying. Not even the most infamous. Many many many times I've wanted to regulate some situations, but it just doesn't work that way.

I still think a couple powerful characters with their head on straight could cut down on the number of disruptive character threads we get though.

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n142/Sirzason/wmsheet2.jpg

a black panther comes flying into view! it hits the ground, bouncing once before sliding to a stop.
A black panther is stunned!
Re: Bootlickers 05/21/2008 12:12 AM CDT
Please don't discourage people from creating entertaining threads from thin air. It really is a gift.
Re: Bootlickers 05/21/2008 10:46 AM CDT
I find the best way to "OWN it" is to start a thread in another forum asking for others to gauge my success in attacking someone I dislike.

- Galren

>>The Rippentropps are a mysterious collective of well-known individuals whose primary charge is to initiate the advancing task of not stopping.
Re: Bootlickers 05/21/2008 06:21 PM CDT
>You hear the ghostly voice of Redeth say, "I'm cuckoo for CocoPuffs."

Tyrants are always loved until they are deposed. Long Live The Tyrants!
Re: Bootlickers 05/21/2008 11:47 PM CDT
As long as you aren't going overboard (ie, following someone around just to keep them calmed or slept because your doofus friend doesn't know the difference between 3 minutes and 3 hours), aren't injuring them directly (no vitality damage, no wounds, no poison, no disease, no acid), and it's not already been ruled as unconsented PVP, you can do whatever you want to people even if it's not your conflict.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Bootlickers 05/21/2008 11:51 PM CDT
Actually even if it causes wounds you can do it without consent as long as those wounds aren't potentially fatal.

MB doesn't require consent to use on someone.

Rev. Reene

Re: Bootlickers 05/22/2008 09:03 AM CDT
MB is well within the grey area that depends on the GM attitude and other considerations. I would not recommend that people use it in situations where they are trying to avoid getting reported.

-Strk
Re: Bootlickers 05/22/2008 10:56 AM CDT
>> I would not recommend that people use it in situations where they are trying to avoid getting reported.

That applies to most things though.

Slinging it around for no reason probably won't fly, but in a verbal conflict in which you do not have consent you can most likely get away with an MB barring other issues.

At least that's what I have per feedback.

Rev. Reene

Re: Bootlickers 05/22/2008 05:03 PM CDT
Please don't discourage people from creating entertaining threads from thin air. It really is a gift.

__
~Leilond - Working up to Galren and Mazrian
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/leicollagefinal.jpg
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com/bard_planner_v3.xls
Re: Bootlickers 05/23/2008 03:29 PM CDT
>I don't care how long someone has been around...how long they've trained or how many people like them.

>If they say/do/are something that annoys you...OWN it. Everything else is just being a coward.

>"Oh god! He/she knows everyone though!...and everyone likes them! What ever will I do if I disagree?!"

>Grow a backbone...or swallow your pride like a great big lump of lame. If you take a death and a little ostracizing...that's life.

>If you roleplay an invertibre...BY ALL MEANS! Lick that boot. It probably tastes better than the self loathing you'd have to face if you stopped.

[Editor's note: If we could do small text on this forum, this is where I would say, "this is for you, JMF90."]

Red, are you just making rebellious statements to look cool, or is there more to this? And really...as someone else already stated, if you're gonna rant about someone in the Conflicts folder, have the gumption to call them out by name.

Your pal,

~player of Gulphphunger
Re: Bootlickers 05/25/2008 08:34 AM CDT
>and it's not already been ruled as unconsented PVP, you can do whatever you want to people even if it's not your conflict

I am pretty certain casting a spell at someone regardles what type of spell it (damaging or otherwise) is if unconsented viewed as consent to PvP.
Re: Bootlickers 05/25/2008 03:11 PM CDT
>> I am pretty certain casting a spell at someone regardles what type of spell it (damaging or otherwise) is if unconsented viewed as consent to PvP.

That isn't what the post was talking about.

"Requiring consent" and "giving consent" are separate issues.

Rev. Reene

Acerild whispers, "OOC: stop playing wow"
Acerild whispers, "OOC: your rp is suffering"
Acerild whispers, "OOC: which, to you, is like your liver failing"
Re: Bootlickers 05/28/2008 05:22 PM CDT
I don't MIND calling people out...it just didn't happen in game. Check the environs folder for Shard/Ilithi. I got told to shut my pie-hole cause it wasn't a conflicts folder.

I have NO clue who that is and I'm too lazy to go back and check for their forum ID. Look yourself.

Just a question from a forum nub...but HOW is it cowardly to not post someone's name/ID regarding a post? Given the content of my post...the statement applies independant of example. You all know absolutely who I am...how is keeping them annonymous protecting me in any way?

Anyways. I might be new to role playing but I'm not new to gaming. Have you ever googled a god-mode cheat for a game you liked just to try something new? It's fun for about 20 minutes and then it's ugly lame. Doesn't matter how long you've spent nifty-ing up your character if it's all just the same anyways. You can kill everything or nothing will fight you...either way lameness ensues.

If there's no adversity, there's no fun. I'd rather have a hundred enemies than a hundred friends (for gameplay purposes) any day. Be they 1st circle nuts or 150th circle demi-gods.

I can't fathom the motivation for people who, in essence, tell me to be more respectful or watch my mouth in an OOC manner. They're shooting themselves in the foot.

If I was being rude, without provocation, that's a different matter altogether. Flame on. To tell me to be respectful based (and I'm guessing here) on the hope that some day they will achieve that level of skill and want that respect themselves(?) is not only stupid, it's counter-productive.

You can skill-up till armadillos are effectively ship rats...but if your whole world is reduced to rainbows and butterflies (cause every spineless idiot you meet grovels to/adores you) what difference does it make? I suppose waiting for an IG event (like a war or something) would be the only option.

That RP route takes you to LOTS of hugs. Good luck with that.

Red'

P.S- I'm a small town cop, it's impossible for me to look/be cool. We actually have a photo of Barney Fife (spelling?) in our office...like he's some sort of role model.

Redeth says, "NO touchy."
Re: Bootlickers 05/28/2008 05:53 PM CDT
>>I find the best way to "OWN it" is to start a thread in another forum asking for others to gauge my success in attacking someone I dislike.

>>to gauge my success in attacking someone

Yeah...cause I've always been afraid that people will think badly of me...
>cou
You cough.

If you haven't read any of my other postings I could maybe forgive this assumption (I'd go nuts with the shift-key on 1/3 of that word but I think the post would get deleted).

>>in attacking someone I dislike.

I don't dislike people online, I dislike the decisions/abdications they make in how they interact with me OOC. Make too many of them and you'll be profiled. I'm wary of any opinion that GODKIN throws out now...I'm not sure if he's being productive or just snarky. I'm slow but I'll get to the same place anyone would eventually.

>>I find the best way to "OWN it" is to start a thread in another forum

I got told to can it by big mojo GM. Not much I can do to continue that train of thought other than start a new thread in the appropriate folder. Or did you find some GM kryptonite? THAT would net you some big $.

Yes...I realize that by breaking up your post I've changed it and it's intention. You're probably an intelligent, sensitive, handsome, complex and brave person. You only SOUND like a mook online.

Red'

You hear the ghostly voice of Redeth say, "Please...tell me what YOU think, I'm so worried now that you've killed me."
Re: Bootlickers 05/28/2008 09:53 PM CDT
Hello Crazy!

Re: Bootlickers 05/28/2008 10:58 PM CDT
Thanks! I don't even have to ask if you're being constructive this time.

Red'

P.S.- Your post regarding siphon: (it's not of this thread! Someone complain!) Is dumb.

>>I can see you are one of those girls who need jokes explained to them. At least blondes have more fun even if they do miss out on the jokes.

For the LOVE OF GOD! Refute something I said. I'll grant you that most people who are outright rude are just joking and made a mistake. YOU however have a gigantic history of just being rude for its own sake...you can't really expect anyone to assume you've all the sudden found your polite bone though...can you?

You have that reputation with me. Deal with it.

Twit.

Red'

"Most of us are decent people in the real world. Try to remember that the next time you are judging someone."

Anger is the recourse of the cornered, be they ignorant or otherwise.
Re: Bootlickers 05/29/2008 08:57 AM CDT
>For the LOVE OF GOD! Refute something I said. I'll grant you that most people who are outright rude are just joking and made a mistake. YOU however have a gigantic history of just being rude for its own sake...you can't really expect anyone to assume you've all the sudden found your polite bone though...can you?

I made no mistake. You simply lack the understanding inherent in the male gene.

>You have that reputation with me. Deal with it.

I deal with it fine. I laugh at you, I point you out to my friends so they can laugh at you, and I move on. You are my Petting Zoo of Stupid.

Re: Bootlickers 05/29/2008 10:03 AM CDT
>>I made no mistake. You simply lack the understanding inherent in the male gene.

Chromosome.
Doctor: Are you Alliance?
Early: Am I lion? Huh. I don't think of myself as a lion. But you might as well have a mighty roar!
Re: Bootlickers 05/31/2008 07:59 PM CDT
I'm seriously thinking of changing my signature line now.

Red'

Trying it on:
GODKIN: "I deal with it fine. I laugh at you, I point you out to my friends so they can laugh at you, and I move on. You are my Petting Zoo of Stupid."

Red' gives this a 7.7. Starts off a little whiney and weak but great repetition midway and it closes up with a humorous metaphor.

Approved for Junior High use.
Re: Bootlickers 05/31/2008 08:08 PM CDT
at what point will you seriously think of not posting?

-Strk
Re: Bootlickers 05/31/2008 08:29 PM CDT
>>at what point will you seriously think of not posting?

-Strk

Dumb questions will not be answered unless they are placed into a seperate (started by you) folder. (I know! What if someone makes fun of you for an opinion?!)

If you've a specific complaint...get your grapes from your wife's purse and post about it. Piggy-backing for the Redeth bash, for an opinion I had the sand to throw out there (good luck with the wife), just makes you another in a long line of mama's apron-string ninjas.

Red'

Trying it on:
GODKIN: "I deal with it fine. I laugh at you, I point you out to my friends so they can laugh at you, and I move on. You are my Petting Zoo of Stupid."

Red' gives this a 7.7. Starts off a little whiney and weak but great repetition midway and it closes up with a humorous metaphor.

Approved for Junior High use.
Re: Bootlickers 05/31/2008 08:42 PM CDT
>at what point will you seriously think of not posting?

Hopefully never.
Re: Bootlickers 05/31/2008 08:48 PM CDT
You should have posted the previous sentence about it being male gene's (not chromos), and then segway that into him calling you stupid.

Irony at its best.. oh well.
Re: Bootlickers 06/01/2008 03:15 AM CDT
>>You should have posted the previous sentence about it being male gene's (not chromos), and then segway that into him calling you stupid.

>>Irony at its best.. oh well.

I am --- Navak
Re: Bootlickers 06/01/2008 11:09 AM CDT
>>...just makes you another in a long line of mama's apron-string ninjas.

I like ninja's. :(

__
~Leilond - Working up to Galren and Mazrian
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/leicollagefinal.jpg
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com/bard_planner_v3.xls
Re: Bootlickers 06/01/2008 01:20 PM CDT
The name "Segway" is a homophone of "segue" (a smooth transition, literally Italian for "follows").
Re: Bootlickers 06/01/2008 01:55 PM CDT
>>The name "Segway" is a homophone of "segue" (a smooth transition, literally Italian for "follows").

Could you explain why you made this post?

There are conflicting possibilities and I wouldn't want to make fun of your posts even more if you were just trying to educate the masses.

I am --- Navak
Re: Bootlickers 06/02/2008 11:53 AM CDT
>I'm seriously thinking of changing my signature line now.

Thats good, because quoting yourself isnt really as clever as you would think.

If I were to spite my face, in my opinion, cutting off my nose would be a reasonably good start.
Re: Bootlickers :Nudge: 06/03/2008 08:51 PM CDT
I think this one's pretty much run its course.

Please email any questions to me (MOD-Lirionic@play.net), Senior Board Monitor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net), or Board Supervisor Cecco (DR-Cecco@play.net). Thank you.

-Lirionic