Celesi? 02/27/2008 07:11 PM CST
Not sure if this is the place for it...but does anyone know when I should be able to start killing Celesi?

I know EVERYONE has beef with him, but I'm willing to wait it out till I start going ape on him.

Any information would be nice. Thanks!

That plan worked better in my head.
Re: Celesi? 02/27/2008 10:44 PM CST
lol it reads like a creature info question.

He went below radar and trained quite a bit lately. I heard he is in celpeze now which is surprising. He's about a 90's thief now I think.

If that's quite a feat you could always find Jhime IG. Beating up Celesi is a fun hobby.

I bet you could start killing celesis with upper 300s TM if you found him in the open and were smart about it though.

a black panther comes flying into view! it hits the ground, bouncing once before sliding to a stop.
A black panther is stunned!
Re: Celesi? 02/28/2008 02:59 AM CST
Keep in mind that he's a thief, so it's likely he can kill you unless you far outclass him. I had this problem with him when I could easily kill him and the other way around for a while. Now I just ignore him. I'd agree with the previous poster. It's not that hard to kill other players, though, it's not getting killed back that's trickier, which is why I posted the above.
Re: Celesi? 02/28/2008 08:09 AM CST
Thanks alot! That's not rediculously far away. I train quite a bit. I'll give you an update when I go for it. Happy hunting!

Re: Celesi? 02/28/2008 09:24 AM CST
Hopefully we'll be able to pick champions one day so you can outsource your revenge.

:oP Ragran
Re: Celesi? 02/28/2008 11:12 AM CST
Celesis are best killed after using some sort of debuff or stat based spell. They are often difficult to find since their hiding is really good, so it may take a bit of effort. They are capable of killing people who are much higher than them. It would probably take about 600 perception to be completely immune from a Celesi's backstab, but do not worry yourself. With the new Watch verb, it may only take 350-400 perception to be immune.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Celesi? 02/28/2008 04:25 PM CST
Just jump them after a depart at the altar.

I am --- Navak
Re: Celesi? 02/29/2008 08:22 AM CST
I guess that did kinda sound like creature info. Also...I'm kinda new so forgive the questions, but he can kill me any time he sees me after I blow him up right? Forever? I don't mind dying, was just wondering if I could erk him even more by playing keep away for a certain amount of time.

Re: Celesi? 02/29/2008 08:58 AM CST
He can only repeat kill if you stole something from him - till you return it.

No need to apologize for questions about killing Celesi...its a common question!

Re: Celesi? 02/29/2008 10:10 AM CST
Thanks! Yeah...he seems like he might have made a few more enemies than just little old me.

Re: Celesi? 02/29/2008 10:17 AM CST
<<That plan worked better in my head.

I know how that is. I mental blasted him once... once.

- Player of Foresee

"You're right, we're all against you and actively work to stymie your guild's development. I'm twirling my mustache at the sheer thought." - DR-Armifer
Re: Celesi? 02/29/2008 04:58 PM CST
I'm liking this new boy.

~Dulcinia

Not everyone comes here to hug and smooch and give pretend birth on the floor of the bank in Ratha.
-Galren Moonskin

Jrendel will always love you! He told me so once at a pizza place. No kidding.
-Ssra
Re: Celesi? 02/29/2008 06:15 PM CST
Girl! That's alright, I'm naturally mistaken for a guy. It makes for funny gweth conversations. My parents shoulda named me Redetha. Cure alot of mistaken gender issues.

<l></l>
Re: Celesi? 02/29/2008 09:26 PM CST
Sweet a chick that plots her revenge. You will do well here.

Welcome.

Re: Celesi? 03/07/2008 09:09 AM CST
I think he's kinda cute.

-Aeq
Re: Celesi? 03/08/2008 05:25 PM CST
I use to have a warrior mage on Ratha that Celesi liked to bug, this was back in May/June of 07 I was able to kill him using 170's TM and stat based spells. I also used SvS spell since I was Tog when I had him and had Str/stamina/disc pump'd up I'd wait for him to throw dirt then SD IP him and just chew him up yes granted he'd just kill me later also sticking your fam on him will bug him to the point where he may stop bugging you. So unless he spent a HUGE amount of time in combat I think 300 TM maybe right on the money and as always if you aren't sure pick up a few TM CJ's from a decent moon mage. Catching him in the open will be the hard part
Re: Celesi? 03/09/2008 09:15 PM CDT
You know how everyone hopes for an arch nemesis, some bad-guy they can bounce some philosophy off of and have a few epic battles with? Celesi is not one of these.

He's not the Goldfinger of the Dragonrealms universe...he's kind of a killbot. When confronted with the opportunity to kill, he invariably does...rather than doing something classy. I watched him kill someone more than 50 circles below him, just because he had consent.

Not exactly worth the bother.

I'd kill him, he'd kill me...there'd be little enjoyment and NO RP.

I plan on being one of those arch nemisis'...lord knows he isn't going to grow a brain any time soon.

So look me up if you need a good enemy, (and aren't excessively larger than 50th circle...who wants a bad girl they can just slap around?) I'll try to have some scruples about it.

Re: Celesi? 03/10/2008 02:17 AM CDT
What race do you play? I don't like elves. Or halflings. Or humans. Prydaens are a stretch, as are the rest of the races, excepting Elotheans. Maybe we can kill each other and kill Celesi on off-days.
Re: Celesi? 03/10/2008 06:32 AM CDT
An elf! She's just sworn herself to Alduath too

Re: Celesi? 03/10/2008 07:30 PM CDT
<<I watched him kill someone more than 50 circles below him, just because he had consent.>>

Im okay with Celesi doing that - though im getting too soft these days to wail on people that are easy to kill.

The reason is the very reason you suggest doesnt happen in that situation: adventure.

The little person that creates, for themself, a situation where they may be killed, and is ultimately killed, will rarely forget the incident - there is adventure in that memory. Fair? Unfair? Irrelevant - they wont forget it. Those are penetrating, persistent memories that we carry for a long time.

That person will complain about the attack, will tell people to beware celesi because he's a jerk, will build him up in their mind as a real hazard. The adrenaline, the resentment, the fear and loathing, to me, are a kind of adventure.

I call him a philanthropist - although he has been known to report which is too bad. There's still something I like about the guy - he's sort of cruel - which is neat in a badguy.

Again, he (YOU CELESI) shouldnt report after losing conflicts - for any reason.

Also, im willing to bet that your friend died as the result of their miscalculation regarding his skills. People that say "IM SO LITTLE AND HE KILLED ME!@!!!" usually shot first and whiffed.

Re: Celesi? 03/10/2008 09:21 PM CDT
Yeah...I know he's the guy people love to hate. But he just didn't strike me as the kinda classy bad guy I'd bother with.

If that's how he wants to go with it, more power to him. It's more personal preferance on my part than any overt action on his. I wouldn't tell ANYONE how to play, it's a pretty personal thing...and god knows I'm not paying their bill.

Just had higher hopes for him, from my own perspective.

So if there are any gigantic baddies out there that don't mind me pouncing on them every once in a while...let me know! I don't mind dying, so long as it's a gas.

[Looking for HUGE badguy]
*Must be over 70th circle, good with kids... /snicker

Re: Celesi? 03/10/2008 09:38 PM CDT
I guess it would help if I gave a little backstory too...

When I FIRST woke up in the realms I was in clerics and he stole from me so many times that at circle 2 I actually caught him...

Later on after I had moved onto Ratha for a while (prolly around 35th circle) he visited the sprite caves and started openly pocketing gems of a friend.

NOT VERBATIM, JUST REMEMBERED

ME: "I'll see you on the far side of 100th, Celesi." /wink /giggle

Celesi (later that week): "Hit 100th yet, Redeth?"
Me: "Not quite yet...but I'm movin' fast."
Celesi: "Don't disapoint me."
Me: "Never!" /wink

He gave offered a test duel so I could gauge myself against him, see where I needed to train (EVERYWHERE). Seemed like he was having fun with the idea...malicious fun is always the best...

Then goes and offs some hothead who casted a few tiny fireballs at him (fella knew he was going to die for it...just one of those people)

I'm not saying it wasn't groovy for him to kill the guy, but the baddy I was having fun with woulda just pulled off a leg or something...said something 1980's schwartzenegger-ish and had a giggle, maybe dragged the hothead into the hatch and down a room or so and let him drown. Something CLASSY. Just sniping him a few times...to me...seemed like common thugary. I can go and find hundreds of people that can kill me and would be happy to...I just figured he was high enough to wanna blow some evil TDP's on style.

Anywhoo...I think I'm going to have to be my own baddie, I've got way too many expectations.

Re: Celesi? 03/10/2008 09:44 PM CDT
You have some good thoughts, Ragran.

__
~Leilond, the Crazy Anime Ninja 1000-Macro Non-Artificial Bard
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/leicollagefinal.jpg
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com/bard_planner_v2.xls
Re: Celesi? 03/10/2008 10:25 PM CDT
Ragran stole from me when I was like 10th circle. I'm still planning my revenge.

-Sephos
Re: Celesi? 03/11/2008 10:34 AM CDT
I'm sorry, perhaps it's my personality but I cannot actually understand someone getting upset over being robbed by Ragran. His antics are worth whatever coin he gets, they crack me up.
Re: Celesi? 03/11/2008 03:44 PM CDT
o i know it...this is how it looks from my side whenever i see you:

>
>
Vengeance Incarnate Sephos just arrived.
> ne
> nw
Please rephrase that command.
> n
You can't go there.
> nw
You can't go there.
> n
You can't go there.
> 9nw
> n
> 9nw
Sorry, you may only type ahead 2 commands.
> n
You can't go there.
>
>
You can't go there.
> nw
> w
You can't go there.

I LIVE IN TERROR OKAY?! ;)

Re: Celesi? 03/13/2008 10:29 PM CDT
I think he can get you now.

~Dulcinia

Not everyone comes here to hug and smooch and give pretend birth on the floor of the bank in Ratha.
-Galren Moonskin

Scouts do not allow men to kiss other men, for example, which in my mind is a huge limitation. ~Mvorn
Re: Celesi? 03/14/2008 09:26 PM CDT
I think everyone can get me now. :(

Except Terscyn! HAHAHA! (duck)