WM RP 07/15/2007 10:14 PM CDT
I've played off an on over the years, and each time I've come back there have been great folks and... not so great folks. I've played mostly WMs, but have on occasion played Clerics (pre no-rezz), Bards (when they were new, my favorite character I've played was an early Bard), Rangers, and Moonies. Universally the folks I've met who are WMs are the worst/least interested in RP, which is disappointing to me. I thought things might be better when I came back this time, but no. I've been back for 2-3 weeks now, and of the folks I've met, the WMs have been the worst/least interested in RP. It's probably because I'm just not meeting the right folks, am not high enough circle and not in the right areas.

Today I was hunting and ran across a deader. I dragged him back to the clerics and watched over him while he was healed and raised, at which point he lied on the ground casting ES and not saying anything for about 5 minutes, at which point someone dragged him to the cellar. I run into him later on the WM guild and ask how he's doing. He ignores me, possibly AFK again. About 10 minutes later he comes down to the front of the guild, asks a question, I answer and then ask about his well being, which he completely ignores, and then runs off again.

Now, since my character took his time to see to his well being, he's understandably a little miffed at being ignored. So I send my familiar to follow him. A couple minutes later he returns and says, "Quit spying on me." And promptly runs away again.

No comment at all about our previous interactions, no interest in talking out the situation, finding out what was going on, etc. Really kind of bummed me (player) out, my character is certainly still interested in his well being. Next time my character sees him, he'll probably ask him about it again, and probably get a similar response.

I suppose it could be his character's RP to completely ignore (3x) someone who helps you out while asking them a question, but the way it was done makes me doubt it.

I suppose I shouldn't have expected anything different.
Re: WM RP 07/15/2007 11:34 PM CDT
First, there is a difference between AFK scripting and not RPing. The most obvious being that one is against the rules, the other is not.

Second, since this is a conflicts folder, it is a lot more entertaining if you would call out the individual who you obviously have a problem with. It isn't fair to call a whole guild out for bad RP after helpinng one scripter.

Third, you won't find good RP people by looking for high circled players. In fact, it is usually the opposite in my experience.

Finally, you are wrong- there are WMs who roleplay

-Sephos
Re: WM RP 07/24/2007 12:52 PM CDT
Maybe he just doesn't want to talk to you. I will never understand why people get thier panties in a bunch when everyone they say hi to doesn't get into a conversation with them. Do you get this mad when people ignore you in real life?