Prev_page Previous 1
Aurica 06/07/2007 07:07 AM CDT
Everyone interested in joining me in this effort need but ask.

Tell me when and where Trop and I'll be there. I have already
given up trying to hunt that area because of her and finally
realized reporting will do no good. She must be 'special'.

Junzaa Blarnie

That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do..not that the nature of the thing has changed, but that our ability to do it has increased. Theodore Roosevelt
Re: Aurica 06/07/2007 01:11 PM CDT
An epic battle of the great mages.

dun dun dun

XXXX signs, "I got a huge wedgie but I'm embarassed to pick it"

XXXX says, "Whos mark is this? Your sabre is a little awkward, but usable."
Re: Aurica 06/07/2007 10:02 PM CDT
I'll watch and make popcorn.

Rangers are useful yanno.

~Dulcinia

[Suru] "dulcinias hereby banned, let it be known if she enters my stall, she'll not be purchasing anything, ever, and if shes ever seen near me or my brothers, she'll be dropped"
Re: Aurica 06/07/2007 10:20 PM CDT
Haha, nice signature, Dulcinia. What caused that?
Re: Aurica 06/07/2007 10:57 PM CDT
Thats why I love you. I love that that's your signiture now. Props.

~Tha Daisy Ranga
Re: Aurica 06/08/2007 06:08 AM CDT
Suru kept gwething weapon stats, which was annoying of itself, but when she started gwething about testing roundtimes, I smashed her. I'm all worried about her "brothers" now.

:tremble:

Heh.

~Dulcinia

[Suru] "dulcinias hereby banned, let it be known if she enters my stall, she'll not be purchasing anything, ever, and if shes ever seen near me or my brothers, she'll be dropped"
Re: Aurica 06/08/2007 08:26 AM CDT
If I were you I would go into hiding. Perhaps the bottom of the Reaver mine, or under Poke-yer-dead beach. Ya know somewhere thats horribly freakish grin. If you like I can offer more suggestions on where to hide out, as I know you are terrified and cannot even think straight at this moment in time. Ya know me...always trying to help...whistle

~Tha Daisy Ranga
Re: Aurica 06/08/2007 11:35 AM CDT
>>Suru kept gwething weapon stats, which was annoying of itself, but when she started gwething about testing roundtimes, I smashed her. I'm all worried about her "brothers" now.

Well done.
Re: Aurica 06/09/2007 01:28 PM CDT
I'd go in and buy things just out of spite.
Re: Aurica 06/09/2007 04:21 PM CDT
I'd just go in to browse. Probably wouldn't even take in a proxy so I could point items out to him. When I was ready, I'd give the money to a proxy and have them go buy it.

Then, after they came back with my stuff, I'd wear it and go browsing again--except this time I'd play with the stuff I bought.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Aurica 06/09/2007 07:40 PM CDT
And I'm the mean one? LOL

~Dulcinia

Re: Aurica 06/23/2007 12:48 AM CDT
So... what's all the hubbub? Why is Aurica so difficult to hunt near, and why does everyone hate her?

__
~Leilond, the one who is backtraining yet again and who is obsessed with power.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/leilondsootherin.png
Re: Aurica 06/23/2007 10:34 AM CDT
Apparently, she hunts in the ditch on M'Riss for flex westanuryns. The area is only about five rooms wide and has a limited spawn which Aurica takes up by dancing with them for extended periods of time, allowing none of the other hunters any chance to train.

Fuquois
Re: Aurica 06/23/2007 10:44 AM CDT
What would happen if about a dozen 1st circle characters and a paladin that could banner sat in that ditch with her? Wouldn't the westies flex way down past where they could teach her? Don't they work on average? It'd be funny for her to wake up and check her ranks and see that they didn't move at all.

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Aurica 06/23/2007 11:09 AM CDT
>What would happen

According to common lore, she'd report you immediately.

Fuquois
Re: Aurica 06/23/2007 11:15 AM CDT
>What would happen if about a dozen 1st circle characters and a paladin that could banner sat in that ditch with her?

Bannered rooms don't effect spawn.

-Tropicalo
Re: Aurica 06/23/2007 11:20 AM CDT
Isn't that what the new creature wandering thing is supposed to fix? Shouldn't her creatures wander off?

__
~Leilond, the one who is backtraining yet again and who is obsessed with power.
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/ss1shadow/leilondsootherin.png
Re: Aurica 06/23/2007 11:27 AM CDT
You mean they don't effect the flex rate, Tropicalo?

Re: Aurica 06/23/2007 11:47 AM CDT
Flex rate is usually set to the highest one there, so a bunch of newbs and a paladin would be slaughtered in your setup.

This opinion brought to you by soylent green. Results will very from person to person.
Re: Aurica 06/23/2007 11:51 AM CDT
Oh. It'd be much funnier if it was an average.

Re: Aurica 06/23/2007 12:01 PM CDT
It is average.

Its been done.

And yes it was funny.

a black panther comes flying into view! it hits the ground, bouncing once before sliding to a stop.
A black panther is stunned!
Re: Aurica 06/23/2007 09:02 PM CDT
Im also curious if this "retreating monster" fix has changed the situation with Aurica at all. The change seemed to be specifically oriented towards cases such as this.
Re: Aurica 06/23/2007 09:21 PM CDT
>>Im also curious if this "retreating monster" fix has changed the situation with Aurica at all. The change seemed to be specifically oriented towards cases such as this. <<

No. When someone comes into her hunting area she passive-agressively does everything she can to force them out short of attacking them directly. :(
Re: Aurica 06/23/2007 09:23 PM CDT
>When someone comes into her hunting area she passive-agressively does everything she can to force them out short of attacking them directly.

You can't criticize her, she's handicapped!
Re: Aurica 06/23/2007 10:33 PM CDT
>When someone comes into her hunting area she passive-agressively does everything she can to force them out short of attacking them directly.

Examples?

Fuquois
Re: Aurica 06/23/2007 10:50 PM CDT
It's slightly more complicated than her dancing with to many.

a black panther comes flying into view! it hits the ground, bouncing once before sliding to a stop.
A black panther is stunned!
Re: Aurica 06/24/2007 06:13 AM CDT
Here is a breif recap of the situation, dating back as long as I have been involved.

11 months ago I was hunting in the ditch. Aurica moved to the ditch from flex zombies. I flexed the spawn to below what she wanted, so she'd sit and dance all 6 that spawned between us to try to force me out. I brought in a lower level moonmage to increase the spawn, also lowering the level to approximately what it would be if i was alone. She eventually gave up and went away.

She came back to the ditch in april. By this point I was 145th or so, not seriously lowering the spawn from her at all. She stood around dancing 5 of the westies that spawned between us for hours on end. I got fed up and started killing her westies. She killed me, I killed her back. She decided to try a different method of forcing people out. She brought in a spawn booster of her own, and ran from room to room CLing everything in sight. Through judicious use of FOI it was mostly fine for me but my internet sucked so bad i'd frequently lag out with 5-9 westies in my room and die. For the other hunters there it became so swarmy that they couldn't hunt at all. It was around this time that I had to stop hunting entirely because of my attrocious internet.

In the past when people have brought in spawn booster characters to make things more difficult for her, she has killed them, or at least tried to. When someone killed her spawn boosting character she reported them. Of course after she reported for it she couldn't keep doing it to other people's spawn boosters so some people begin sending blended rangers in. And so the battle continues.

People in bannered rooms have no effect on the creatures that spawn in the area. Neither the number of creatures or their level if they flex. The creatures in flex areas flex to the average level of people in the area.

-Tropicalo
Re: Aurica 06/24/2007 07:31 AM CDT
Okay someone answer this, why not move to another area of westies? I've been there hunted just fine myself and noticed there is a lot more then 5 rooms in the ditch. It's pretty amusing that the times I've been there never passively had any problems with Aurica. I admit it's not my normal hunting ground yet, and due to me needing to be in Shard lately I only get out there maybe a few times a week if i'm lucky. I keep hearing different versions of the story.

First she's hogging all the critters. Yet I know there are other area's that seem to gen differently.
y b
Secondly she's creating too much critters, again there are other area's that seem to gen differently.

Third she's killing all the critters going room to room casting CL. I can see the problem here if you are in the same room shes coming into killing what you are hunting.

Westies has more then five rooms.

"So like I said, don't take it personally. All cultures have their share of fools. It's just that we always felt yours had a lot more than ours."
~~Warrior Mage Guild Leader Senfrislor, The Prydaen in Their Own Words~~
Re: Aurica 06/24/2007 07:34 AM CDT
From what I understand of the issue, it's not the number of creatures in the area, it's that she keeps a low level alt in there to flex down the skill range. So the people that need the higher flex are out of luck

Jaedren says, "Alas, no Khri Ronco (Set it and forget it!). Woe."
Re: Aurica 06/24/2007 08:30 AM CDT
>Secondly she's creating too much critters, again there are other area's that seem to gen differently.
>Third she's killing all the critters going room to room casting CL. I can see the problem here if you are in the same room shes coming into killing what you are hunting.

Her running around CLing is what is causing too much spawn. These 2 things are the same. But since you failed to understand any of what is going on:

Aurica will sit dancing with all of the critters that spawn between you and her. When you bring in a spawn booster so that you have more than 0 critters for yourself, she will go into CL-overdrive with a spawn booster of her own. When you send yours away because you have enough/too many critters now, she'll go back to dancing everything again.

Yes there are other areas of westies, but there is a reason they are not used. There are 3 areas with seperate spawn. The first is the ditch. It consists of 5 rooms and spawns 3 westanuryns per hunter. Beyond the ditch are the dunes. The dunes are a 54 room hard to navegate maze area. I am not exactly sure how many spawn in the dunes as is rather difficult to keep track of 54 rooms at once. Its more than 3, but not nearly enough.

The third westie area is over a trail near trekhalos. 3 Westies spawn per hunter in 13 rooms here, most of which have extremely low elemental mana. This area has an additional problem that at one end there are a couple rooms which effect the spawn but no critters ever enter(I am not talking about the safe room at the entrance to the area. At the other end of the hunting ground you can climb over a cliff into a room which effects the spawn of the hunting area but creatures do not spawn or wander there). Aurica knows about these places and when you try to hunt there instead of the ditch she puts low circle mules in this room preventing you from learning anything.

-Tropicalo
Re: Aurica 06/24/2007 08:42 AM CDT
>Aurica knows about these places and when you try to hunt there instead of the ditch she puts low circle mules in this room preventing you from learning anything.

Heh, she really seems to hate you now.
Re: Aurica 06/24/2007 11:48 AM CDT
All of this is going on, and she is not locked out for mechanics abuse, game disruption, etcetera? Why not?
Re: Aurica 06/25/2007 12:19 PM CDT
Bring in a high level thief to ambush clout her. Since you guys are playing the consent rules down to the wire, this doesn't require consent of any kind, so it should be ok. While she's unconscious, the problem should take care of itself. I don't know what other halting/stunning abilities there are that do not require consent or leave you vulnerable to mech abuse, but I can see this being a fun temporary solution.

The Upright Man
Re: Aurica 06/25/2007 12:21 PM CDT
If she is killed by the critters as a result of the ambush clout then it will be considered an unconsented kill.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Aurica 06/25/2007 12:24 PM CDT
Ah. I was unsure of how this worked.

The Upright Man
Re: Aurica 06/25/2007 05:52 PM CDT
If I were a GM, I'd just port her character over to TF and see how long it is until she notices the difference.

~ S.S.
Re: Aurica 06/25/2007 06:32 PM CDT
>>All of this is going on, and she is not locked out for mechanics abuse, game disruption, etcetera? Why not?

Mostly because she (aka the highest character in the area) is the only one that will hit the report button as soon as things don't go her way. The other people using that area are adult enough to handle problems on their own.

~Arwinia

Thieves will continue to be dominated by the awesome power of the perceive health ability - that which causes rivers to dry up, babies to cry, and the earth to shake.
Stand back mortal, lest ye health be perceived.
-Ssra
Re: Aurica 06/25/2007 07:01 PM CDT
im tempted to make a trip out there to give them poor westies a BIG flex boast

Necromancer Bob places his hand on your
corpse, it is then covered by a sicking
green light as you feal your soul traped
by chains.
An undead prydaen rises to its feet.
Re: Aurica 06/25/2007 07:11 PM CDT
>If she is killed by the critters as a result of the ambush clout then it will be considered an unconsented kill.

True. In addition, if it happened more than once she would report you for harassment.

To play the policy game with a policy player you need to read up on all the rules. And expect to get reported/talked to even if you follow all the rules. It probably isn't worth it.
Re: Aurica 07/18/2007 08:00 PM CDT
Forgive my ignorance, but what does the term "flex" mean when it comes to critters?
Prev_page Previous 1