Prev_page Previous 1
Ragran: Such a disapointment 01/23/2006 07:19 AM CST
*/ posted in conflicts for lack of a better place /*

After all these threads about how well RP'd the brute-force ferry 'muggings' are; I have to say I was quite disapointed in the experience. The story is this: I successfully defended 3 people on the Xing->Leth ferry and what did I get for my skill and responses? A very lackluster, "your perception ownz me" (paraphrased), 1 lost diopside (och!), a warning to not point again, and a focus from hiding (gee, not a TM spellzorz!!!11).

I will grant that I stepped out of character in not killing you straight up, but only because I, the player, wanted to see this great RP adventure up front. I guess next time, I have only one recourse, to kill you.

4 macroed reactions to getting caught on the first try, an OOC comment, and an unresolved conflict. /snore

You use macros because you have only 'so much time' before the spells and arrows fly? You didn't even give a half-chance for me to participate. If death and favors are of no concern to you, then I do not understand why I was not allowed to reply with my own version of adventure which was not macrod, just a couple of acts, and such.

You simply used game mechs to avoid any RP whatsoever. Hope you had fun.

"... and what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 01/23/2006 09:27 PM CST
ragran stole from me once. ran away.

then started pleading in whispers for me to end conflict and just act like nothing happened.
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 01/24/2006 03:43 AM CST
My issue, and reason for posting in the first place wasn't to highlight the stealing... I'll compliment that aspect. Spamming macros is not RP.

I wasn't part of it. I didn't even feel like a victim. All in all, its better to just kill him, rather than try to RP.

"... and what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 01/24/2006 07:18 PM CST
He's stolen from me too, in the past, and in our own guild hall. Even then, he was spouting off OOC and added nothing worth playing with.

Fyrrus
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 01/25/2006 04:22 PM CST
he fishes too hard for a conflict.
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 01/27/2006 10:05 PM CST
he dies alot too
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 01/29/2006 10:23 AM CST
He stole from me as I was digging my grave (gem from pouch) and I was rather irritated. This was my first encounter with him and i didn't know if he was snert material or not so I sought some assistance. He then chased me around zapping me for a bit, even while at the autopuff. Finally, he discussed it with me in whispers and allowed me to RP it out with him very generously. I was impressed. Thanks Ragran for the RP experience (no sarcasm). Now keep yer friggin hands off me till at least my former corpse warms a bit! ;)

Necromancy 101:
You gesture at a dead mouse. A breeze picks up, causing the mouse to skitter across the ground.

https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=12&topic=13&message=51
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 01/30/2006 12:32 PM CST
<<1 lost diopside (och!), a warning to not point again, and a focus from hiding (gee, not a TM spellzorz!!!11).>>

Took me a second but now I remember. I was reading your post and thinking, "Damn wonder who this is. Sucks that I wasn't on game" (cuz I cant always be). Now I remember.

It's always funneh to me how mad some people get when I take their stupid gems. Some people even come to the boards with it.

There is nothing RP about you, Praxis. Wait'n on me to RP, hmm? That's rico. You had one reaction to me. After seeing me target you from hiding you said, "Don't cast!" Then laughed or snickered or the like.

When someone points me out, or demonstrates superior skill and Im stuck on the ferry with them after they caught me stealing, RP time is over and I gotta be ready to combat.

<<Paraphrased>>

I'd say. Cuz I don't use pwnz or any of the other pseudo-words. Apparently you love 'em vis-a-vis ya post. Yer pretty cool, man. Someday you should show me how to spell pwnzed. You really have style.

Another trend that I find funneh are the people that feel a need to involve me in their life to get themselves either excitement, attention, or both. I'm certain our little encounter didn't warrant a post. Stop riding on my coat-tails. Get your own life.

Or in the words of Cool Hand Luke, "Get out there yourself! Stop feedin' off me!" I may be your hero, but i'd really rather not be.

:oP Ragran
P.S. The dimwits that followed his posts should get a life too. Except Samoyed. I liked yer post!
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 01/30/2006 04:08 PM CST
<<P.S. The dimwits that followed his posts should get a life too. Except Samoyed. I liked yer post!

We are just trolling the boards like you
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 01/30/2006 06:46 PM CST
1) ragran is a drama queen

2) you tried to steal from me, then started pleading for mercy in whispers as soon as you were caught. Smart move.
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 01/30/2006 10:42 PM CST
::chuckle:: I am just amused Ragran's player that you assume it takes most players any real effort to post. As if it's this hugely angst filled, deeply thought out concept, sweat on the brow etc. I mean this bit of dribble took me what thirty seconds to write?

Jim

p.s: As a side note, I don't feel that your character is a threat to my characters, I the player am amused by your antics in the game and the acrobatic verbal twisting attempts you make on the bbs to qualify what you have Ragran do. :>

"There is no help for our kind. We walk a lonely road."

"Paladins. There ought to be a bounty on them."
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 01/30/2006 11:09 PM CST
Very good friend of mine IRL used to play Dragonrealms, in fact he got me started on it way back in 96 or so.. I remember fondly him flying off the handle about "little geeky nerds" sitting at a computer desk "talkin lots of [trash] and offering to come find them and see how much [trash] they talk then." Sadly no one ever took him up on it.. he's a 6'3" 220ish lb cajun redneck who likes to be violent.. I miss him playing DR..
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 01/30/2006 11:12 PM CST
>I remember fondly him flying off the handle about "little geeky nerds" sitting at a computer desk "talkin lots of [trash] and offering to come find them and see how much [trash] they talk then." Sadly no one ever took him up on it.. he's a 6'3" 220ish lb cajun redneck who likes to be violent..

They probably would talk even more trash after he found them...when he was in jail.
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 01/30/2006 11:49 PM CST
Or they would put a bullet in his brainpan & use the excuse it was self defense. And yup, I'd put a bullet there if someone threatened my life & I'm 6'1", I dont keep a few weapons in my home just because I live in the woods, had to had a few restraining orders put out cause jerkoffs like hunting my land & threatening me with shotguns so I got a car15 knockoff with a few banana clips before they were outlawed. Makes the 'my gun is bigger and badder than yours' line really effective.

And yup, I believe in gun ownership, I fought in the first gulf war for pukes rights to express themselves & trash my flag but I didnt fight so they could threaten me.

Hooah
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 01/31/2006 12:05 AM CST
I suppose using the word sarcasm...

nevermind..
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 01/31/2006 01:39 AM CST
I'm glad I'm actually a 10' tall black hairless man with immense power and ability to dance/berserk/roar and wield a large variety of weapons in real life, just like my character so that anything that happens IG can be easily transferred to reality. Huzzah. Now go back to your hut and be quiet.

I am --- Navak
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 01/31/2006 02:25 AM CST
>I'm glad I'm actually a 10' tall black hairless man with immense power and ability to dance/berserk/roar and wield a large variety of weapons in real life

I am too! Too bad my character's a war mage

:(

-Durnil
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 01/31/2006 09:33 PM CST
>I'm glad I'm actually a 10' tall black hairless man with immense power and ability to dance/berserk/roar and wield a large variety of weapons in real life, just like my character so that anything that happens IG can be easily transferred to reality. Huzzah. Now go back to your hut and be quiet.
>I am --- Navak

ahaha
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/01/2006 12:44 AM CST
That is quite funny. I laughed my a** off when I read that.

~Velencia~

Let the rain kiss you.
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops.
Let the rain sing you a lullaby.
- Langston Hughes
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/01/2006 10:55 AM CST
>There is nothing RP about you, Praxis. Wait'n on me to RP, hmm?

There was no waiting, there was me trying to frikken type fast enough to say/do something that made sense. Your macros are great, but your use of them goes beyond RP.

>When someone points me out, or demonstrates superior skill and Im stuck on the ferry with them after they caught me stealing, RP time is over and I gotta be ready to combat.

RP time is over? Thats what I said in my first post, it wasn't RP or adventure. If you prefer, I won't bother trying to RP with you. I'll just kill you -- as thats what you wanted after you realized I wasn't some 10th circle Trader and could probably take you out.

The exact reason I posted, and didn't whine about losing a single diopside is for 2 reasons.

1) You macroed 4 responses RIGHT after getting caught. Macros are fine, I can deal with that. The fact that YOU didn't BOTHER to see or hear a response from the victim IS THE PROBLEM I had with the experience.

2) I specifically DIDN'T wipe the ferry with you, nor did I prep, stance, draw a weapon, or do anything remotely threatening. Yes, I'll agree you 'may' have to prepare for combat, but I'm sure thats all macroed as well, so there is no real loss on your part.

My disapointment rests squarely on the fact that your 'RP' was to get caught, and prepare for battle. Thats not RP, thats King of Snert.

I also posted my interpretation to HELP you. You admit that deaths aren't an issue, and you want to provide 'adventure', perhaps if you didn't lead every mugging down the combat path, you'd get some adventure of your own. I posted in conflicts, because well ... sometimes you just have a gut feeling about things.

>I'd say. Cuz I don't use pwnz or any of the other pseudo-words. Apparently you love 'em vis-a-vis ya post. Yer pretty cool, man. Someday you should show me how to spell pwnzed. You really have style.

Actually, you are quite fluent in pwnzorz. You've posted, been quoted in game, and observed by my own character to talk like that. Gee, did my character make your 'owns my hiding' highlight list?

Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/01/2006 12:47 PM CST
I'd say that was a clear and concise reply by Praxis. Ragran's player the problem is what I am seeing posted by Praxis is pretty common from anyone who's had dealings with Ragran in the game. If you repeatly see these sort of posts laying out rather clearly that you do the same repeated thing, what do you think players are supposed to think?

That there is some wicked conspircey to discredit your role-playing? To make you look like a snert? I mean seriously what I see is that your vision of role-play is one where your character does all the actions and talking and the other party does not. Once they do start to react whether verbal or otherwise your already going into leet killz mode. That's not role-play as most of us judge it, sorry it's not.

Oh and before I forget (silly that I have to say this but I've seen far to many of your replies whether directed at me or others imply this), I hold no personal grudge or ill feelings against you or your character. I am simply stating my opinion based on what I observe by your characters actions with my characters and as reported by other players.
I do not lose any sleep, my sex drive doesn't take a dive, I dont take up heavy drinking nor do I beat my children or pets because of what your character does in the game. Mostly I am amused by your characters antics and your own verbal antics on the bbs.

Sad that I had to write a paragraph on about this, but having seen far to many of your posts where you assume players are mad beyond all belief I feel that it is one of those things that has to be done like the small print on a contract when ever I post to you. The lesson I think that you should take from these rather consistant posts from players directed at you, is that you are indeed doing something wrong. You will not be able to correct this till you admit that you are indeed doing something wrong.

Jim

Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/01/2006 02:38 PM CST
>>You will not be able to correct this till you admit that you are indeed doing something wrong.<<

Sorry, this isnt directed at anyone in particular but Jim, i made me chuckle & think of a intervention for an addiction, be it drugs, alcohol, food, sleep, sex, whatever.

'You wont see a problem till you admit you have a problem'

Sorry, not meant to offend anyone who may be recovering or thinking of it. I'm just watching too much Dr Phil at the moment.

"Slo ku pivo'hrr'shu, Azhaquai Tel'rath'a Gavelg. Ushnish's s'zhaan."
"Mivar Feas, Alrar Abues. Ruai Abarai'ati, Abarakh Zaradil."
"Moya Dha ch'ohalk vassai. Alia jacta est. Adflictatio, Delectatio.."
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/01/2006 03:00 PM CST
....................POOPOO COCKA!!!1!!111!!1

Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/01/2006 04:12 PM CST
::chuckle:: Yeah it did come off like that didn't, thanks for pointing that out Diane. ;p
Ah well, I did mean it honestly but not like I thought Adam had some sort of mental problem or something. lol. Just that he's not seeing what most of us are seeing.

Jim

Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/01/2006 04:13 PM CST
::chuckle:: Admit it Adam, you've always wanted to say that in bold and all capital letters on these bbs. :>

Jim, who will admit to wanting to say much worse at various times over the years.

Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/01/2006 04:43 PM CST
Oh I know, I've said my piece about how Ragran acts already so thats why I said it wasnt directed at him. Just probably watched too much Dr Phil today on TV. (shrugs)

I just wanted to tease you anyways Jim. ;-P

Its hard sometimes for someone to see something about themselves that others percieve in a different way. Ragrans player thinks he is doing a great job, good majority including staffers dont think so. Does that make either side right? No, it just makes either side see something different.

I think he has a great idea, a war mage being thuggish is fine, & its hard sometimes to know how the thuggie is going to react? Will they fight back and die? Will they fight back and kill me? Will they try to RP it out with me or will they just say to themselves screw it & ignore me?

But to spam macro someone, specially if they havent made any sort of threatening response & run off isnt trying to draw someone into and RP with them. Its just spamming & running. But thats just my take on it, Elizz hasnt dealt with Ragran in such a manner, she never will as since she's a higher taxpayer chances are only coin she would be carrying is ferry fare.

But good luck anyways Ragrans player, one way or another it will work out, eventually.

"Slo ku pivo'hrr'shu, Azhaquai Tel'rath'a Gavelg. Ushnish's s'zhaan."
"Mivar Feas, Alrar Abues. Ruai Abarai'ati, Abarakh Zaradil."
"Moya Dha ch'ohalk vassai. Alia jacta est. Adflictatio, Delectatio.."
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/01/2006 06:47 PM CST
Sabbath rawks! Ozzy wasn't always "so" drug-addled... and he was a total peacenik!

Generals gathered in their masses,
just like witches at black masses.
Evil minds that plot destruction,
sorcerers of death's construction.
In the fields the bodies burning,
as the war machine keeps turning.
Death and hatred to mankind,
poisoning their brainwashed minds.
Oh lord, yeah!

Politicians hide themselves away.
They only started the war.
Why should they go out to fight?
They leave that role to the poor, yeah.

Time will tell on their power minds,
making war just for fun.
Treating people just like pawns in chess,
wait till their judgement day comes, yeah.

Now in darkness world stops turning,
ashes where the bodies burning.
No more War Pigs have the power,
Hand of God has struck the hour.
Day of judgement, God is calling,
on their knees the war pigs crawling.
Begging mercies for their sins,
Satan, laughing, spreads his wings.
Oh lord, yeah!
--Black Sabbath, War Pigs

Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/01/2006 11:17 PM CST
Oh I see, it's pick on Jim week. :nods to Diane: First the HJ folks over on their bbs having fun with me for a typoe I made and now you! :grin: Btw I agree, I thought it was/is a neat idea that he came up with this idea to make thief warrior mage.

Jim

p.s: Good album Adam, though I really enjoy the 1970 release "Black Sabbath" Two songs in particular. N.I.B and The Wizard. Hmm I think I'll put the CD in and hunt to it. Thanks for the idea! :> Gotta wear my ear plugs the better half is a sleep and won't appreciate Black Sabbath. Nor would the sleeping children for that matter or the macaws lol.

Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/02/2006 04:14 AM CST
"War Pigs", and "N.I.B" are actually 2 of my favorite songs. In total, I've seen them perform about 40 times, including the Ozzy, RJ Dio, and Ian Gillian eras. I even saw Rob Halford as lead singer once. My first experience was in 1980, the infamous Black and Blue Tour.

Trippy good times.

I see I was likely correct in posting here. :P

Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/02/2006 01:52 PM CST
You went to one of the concerts of the 1980 Black and Blue tour? Awesome. Had to work and couldn't make it. We are talking about Black Sabbath and BOC right? I know there were a few variations/versions of that over the years. Really wanted to see BOC to, still a fan of them. Don't know if you knew this but Eric Bloom used to be a Gemstone player back in the GEnie days, and played even once we deICEd. Not sure if he still plays I really don't keep track of who plays what anymore in any of the games. :chuckle:

Rob Halford and Judas Priest, really liked "Hell Bent For Leather" and "Screaming for Vengeance". :) Saw Dio and Ozzie at Monsters of Rock in 1984 at Nurnburg, with a bunch of other bands like AC/DC, Van Halen and others. Was a damn good concert and awesome weekend, what I recall of it. The fun part was heading back on the train and falling asleep, we almost ended in East Germany, thankfully they do have those check points. Ended up sleeping in the empty bahnhof the guy unlocked and let us sleep on the floor till the next trains ran in the morning.

Jim, I think we are off topic. ::runs from a bb monitor::

Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/02/2006 03:11 PM CST
>We are talking about Black Sabbath and BOC right?

Thats the only Black and Blue tour that mattered. I still have the concert baseball shirt (those 3/4 sleeve things) from that tour -- its for my zone-room when ever I get around to building one.

>I think we are off topic.

Yeah, probably. I'll quit now.

Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/03/2006 06:50 AM CST
Ragran is a terrible person.

I hear, pray tell I will, that he has macros for eating babies alive.

And that he also skins the buttox from yaks, and wears them as fancy undergarments while singing the therengian national anthem.

its true..I have it logged.
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/03/2006 06:53 AM CST
...you, sir, are in insolent cur. 'Tis not the Therengian anthem!

Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/03/2006 10:03 AM CST
<<Took me a second but now I remember. I was reading your post and thinking, "Damn wonder who this is. Sucks that I asn't on game" (cuz I cant always be). Now I remember.>>

<<It's always funneh to me how mad some people get when I take their stupid gems. Some people even come to the boards with it.>>

I posted to compliment your RP ya big fat oaf! :P

Necromancy 101:
You gesture at a dead mouse. A breeze picks up, causing the mouse to skitter across the ground.

https://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=12&topic=13&message=51
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/03/2006 01:39 PM CST
<<I posted to compliment your RP ya big fat oaf! :P>>

I know. That's why I called all of them witless and stupid and you really really smaht! Cuz you is...and stuff.

Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/04/2006 05:19 PM CST
<<I know. That's why I called all of them witless and stupid and you really really smaht! Cuz you is...and stuff.>>

Um.....I knew that...::Ducks::

Necromancy 101:

Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/09/2006 06:10 PM CST
Yeah, Ragran stole from me once. He stole my heart....

*goes silent for a few moments too long and looks up to see everyone staring at him*

Uh.. I mean.. I hate'm!

You know they say that cat IJ is one bad mother- "Shut yo mouth!" - I'm just talking about Ironjonn! - "I can dig it-"
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/10/2006 08:34 AM CST
...he is the private XXXX that gets all the chicks...

...I'm jus' talkin' bout Ironjonn.

Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/11/2006 07:26 AM CST
shutup already
Re: Ragran: Such a disapointment 02/11/2006 08:35 PM CST
Yo mama so ugly when you was born the doctor smacked her in the face!

and...and...

Yo mama so nasty she made right guard turn left!

wait! There's more! Also...

Yo mama's so stupid, if brains were dynamite, she wouldn't have enough to blow her nose.

sucka

Prev_page Previous 1