Souless 06/17/2005 12:14 PM CDT
Anyone know who this guy is and why he just walked in eels killed me and tood my broadsword?
Re: Souless 06/17/2005 12:33 PM CDT
Whoever he is, he killed two people, took their weapons and logged out of the game. I went to locate him and he was no where to be found under the skies.

~Tykyra~
Re: Souless 06/17/2005 12:43 PM CDT
Well he got me and a couple of others same MO used a log walked in killed us took weapon and left. All he got from me was my crossing broadsword I had just vaulted my bastie thank goodness.

Falcon just found him he's in Goblins in the ORchaid area still killing.
Re: Souless 06/17/2005 12:52 PM CDT
What's his name?

-Thoumas

New to Elanthia? Here's your first lesson--
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/?t=archives&date=2004-11-05
Re: Souless 06/17/2005 12:53 PM CDT
Look at the title of the thread.

~Tykyra~
Re: Souless 06/17/2005 01:14 PM CDT
If it happens again you can ASSIST on the matter or take care of it yourself. Remember you have consent for a REASONABLE period of time. News 5 24 and 5 25 are good resources for these matters.

-Chakram

"NVNC ID VIDES, NVNC NE VIDES"
Re: Souless 06/18/2005 05:29 AM CDT
If it happens again you can ASSIST on the matter or take care of it yourself. Remember you have consent for a REASONABLE period of time. News 5 24 and 5 25 are good resources for these matters.

Hey Chakram isn't him logging out a violation of game mechanics?

"Come for me now world, whilst I am weak. I shall prevail. Come at me world before I am strong, then witness my strength." ~Ecodom
Re: Souless 06/18/2005 06:57 AM CDT
If in a conflict, repeated log outs is usually mechanics abuse. Use report each time the person does it. Last time this happened to me, a GM talked to the person and I still had consent. Which the person needs to be around for one to use anyway.

I am --- Navak
Re: Souless 06/18/2005 07:10 AM CDT
well when I say he left I meant he walked away he killed took my sword and whent and left the room, now I do believe that he was logging out time to time cause when I was trying to find him with my fam he would suddenly dissapperand typing find souless said there was no adventurer in the realms with that name.

I didn't report him, however I do believe some of the others may have considering how many people he had killed. On a realted note how long does consent last for in this situation?
Re: Souless 06/18/2005 11:53 AM CDT
If he is killing rampantly I wouldn't suggest locating with a familiar. It's not a pleasant experience when they are killed.

Strangeguard Prayermaster

You gesture at a sand sprite.
Its head soars through the air as its neck is entirely destroyed!
A sand sprite slowly falls to the ground, moaning in despair, shuddering in pain before taking her last breath.
Re: Souless 06/18/2005 03:20 PM CDT
If he's on a killing spree like this then he's probably decided to leave the game and has chosen to go out with a bang. Or maybe he ticked off someone he shares his account with, hehe. Either way, I'm sure he won't around long enough to exact revenge on.
Re: Souless 06/20/2005 03:47 AM CDT
>>If he is killing rampantly I wouldn't suggest locating with a familiar. It's not a pleasant experience when they are killed.

Familiars? Is there still a way to kill familiars?

I am --- Navak
Re: Souless 06/20/2005 05:31 AM CDT
I believe what he is refering too is when a master kills someone in front of thier fam it wanders off in disgust basically. But just looking in on some event via fam shouldn't trigger this nor can familiar be harmed at this time. So I am a little confused as well.

Rehlyn

Some thoughtful soul has marked the surface of the lock with a drawing of several very happy looking stick figures.
A tasia corsair says, "Well I was hoping to wait for a cleric first but if you watch my stuff I'll depart. Thanks."
Re: Souless 06/20/2005 07:55 AM CDT
No I was talking about killing a familiar. I don't know if it can be done anymore or not, I've been out of the realms for awhile bout 8-9 years ago I had a familiar killed by another player, not a pleasant experience

~Koelana
Re: Souless 06/20/2005 07:55 AM CDT
Back in the olden days when fams could get killed, it resulted in a nasty stun for the owner. This was especially a problem if the owner was hunting. I believe this is what was meant. Of course, I could be wrong--I think I was wrong once before.

~Dulcinia

I can't imagine what more it would take to qualify myself as a hunter when some fat redneck drinking six beers and holding a rifle in the woods gets to have a hunter title, but whatever. --Teeklin
Re: Souless 06/20/2005 07:56 AM CDT
Beat me to it, but at least I was right (as usual).

~Dulcinia

I can't imagine what more it would take to qualify myself as a hunter when some fat redneck drinking six beers and holding a rifle in the woods gets to have a hunter title, but whatever. --Teeklin
Re: Souless 06/20/2005 09:38 AM CDT
<<Beat me to it>>
Hehe by all of 2 seconds

~Koelana
Re: Souless 06/20/2005 09:09 PM CDT
My first small familar a lizard got eaten by a bear fir familiar once...yeah that stunned me fer a good long time and all viosions ended.... fun fun memories...

Anyhoo, as far as sendin familiar after snerts....I have realized at times...you know when you get the message that the person yer familiar is lookin for is not logged in ? it something like "So-an_so not in realms".. well I aint sure if its an 'ability' of sorts on the snerts part... but even when they ARE still in game via, ' find snert' seems my familiar at that time couldnt find.. and not the message you get when your too far away or they are in hiding.... eh the killing of familiars' talk jes got me thinkin bout that agin... hehe, sooory fer da ramblin' :P
Re: Souless 06/20/2005 09:24 PM CDT
not every room in the game is accessible to familiars, the guy was probably in one of the inaccessible ones.

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: Souless 06/20/2005 09:41 PM CDT
Wasn't one of them messages... it was like the one you get with the FIND verb when someones not in game...... with a hider or if in an inn/unaccesable room, you get, 'your familiar is confused' and if the target is too far you get something to the affect 'X is too far for you familiar to travel', jes brought it up because when it has happened I always wondered about it....and now since it was sorta kind-like brought up... well as far as finding snerts LoL . . .

~jes wondered if anyone else ever got that. I mean I followed after 'tell fam to find X' with Find X and heh they were in game...
Re: Souless 06/20/2005 09:46 PM CDT
if they were in a library or the "policy" room you would get that result.

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: Souless 06/20/2005 10:27 PM CDT
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)
Re: Souless 06/20/2005 11:00 PM CDT
I miss the guard infront of the trader guild... he was a good fam be gone kinda guy

~Vahlen~
Re: Souless 06/21/2005 01:25 AM CDT
Yeah, I wish familiars could be "dealt with" still. As it stands right now, just have to track down and kill the warrior mage in question which I'm sure is annoying to all involved especially if the warrior mage has cloaked themselves.

I am --- Navak
Re: Souless 06/21/2005 10:32 AM CDT
Ummmm the reason we're talking 'bout here is searching out a snert, with yer familiar(Oooh just thought of another dark fam.. a Ferret :P ) who has something coming to him/her for their previous nefarious actions... now your saying said snert should be able to kill your familiar .... are you even a warrior mage ? :P
~and I have found that it is the snert whom has 'cloaked themselves' so as not to suffer the possible reprecussions of their actions . . .
Re: Souless 06/21/2005 04:21 PM CDT
Navak's not a warmie primarily.

-Durnil
Re: Souless 06/21/2005 04:26 PM CDT
Ohhhh thats why he wants ta smack our freindly lil familiars around...poor lil fellers :P
Re: Souless 06/21/2005 09:23 PM CDT
Well, I'd rather do that but since it's not possible at this time, I try to find a way to kill the source and/or dissolve their talisman.

I am --- Navak
Re: Souless 06/25/2005 12:52 PM CDT
Sounds to me like the guy is just lookin to leave with a big bang... like the guy that cast fire rain and then chain lightning on the old bank, then quit and closed his account.

Evasion Junkie Algion

"A good marksman is not what should worry you, its the bad marksman you should worry about."
Re: Souless 06/27/2005 06:22 AM CDT
..."Fluffy"

:oP Ragran
Re: Souless 07/22/2005 03:06 PM CDT
How come the other guilds are cool and have a lot of rage and whatnot? I pay a lot of money to cruise the conflicts folders. I'd like to be able to come in here and find a murder of idiots yelling nonesense at each other ranging from retardo personal conflicts to extremely anal and meticulous arguments about game mechanics (which, in the end, always proves totally useless). Is there a reason why there's never any action in this folder? Are all of the warrior mages as useless and boring as I think you are?

We've heard this complaint in the past. Why can't we fix this problem?

"Boo!" - Ragran
Re: Souless 07/22/2005 07:06 PM CDT
We're all too busy AFK scripting to start any conflicts. Why else do you think everyone keeps beating you so easily?

Orpheus: "You've been powering this machine with a forsaken child?"
Venture: "What? It's not like I used the whole thing."
Re: Souless 07/23/2005 01:04 PM CDT
Somewhere along the line it seems that we lost Captain Conflict.

-Durnil
Re: Souless 07/25/2005 07:05 AM CDT
<<We're all too busy AFK scripting to start any conflicts. Why else do you think everyone keeps beating you so easily?>> - Some Dude (Perhaps Olesh? Though never heard of you.)

Yea, it sucks!

Re: Souless 08/01/2005 12:09 AM CDT
>How come the other guilds are cool and have a lot of rage and whatnot? I pay a lot of money to cruise the conflicts folders. I'd like to be able to come in here and find a murder of idiots yelling nonesense at each other ranging from retardo personal conflicts to extremely anal and meticulous arguments about game mechanics (which, in the end, always proves totally useless). Is there a reason why there's never any action in this folder? Are all of the warrior mages as useless and boring as I think you are?

Frogspawn quit, it's been downhill since.