No Casting Frostbite on Trade Routes 04/28/2005 04:28 AM CDT
I was informed by a trader today that Dakkeroth cast this very dangerous spell, on the NTR grasslands as the trader was passing through. I know this trader well and so have no reason to doubt his word. If you are high enough circle to cast Frostbite, you should also be wise enough to know when and where NOT to use it. It is rare to find critters on any of the trade routes except during invasions, so as to why you did Dakkeroth or what you were up to, are questions only you know the answers to. Be warned that though not in or around a city limits, the trade routes are well traveled and not just by traders. So the next ones you injure may rightly so, seek retaliation. I will make note of this to Gauthus. I don't know if he keeps record of these infractions or even gives warnings but it should be on the record as a lesson for you and reminder for all of us Warmages. We have always been the guardians of the people with our powerful magics. Remember that.

Tironathay.
Re: No Casting Frostbite on Trade Routes 04/28/2005 07:32 AM CDT
<<If you are high enough circle to cast Frostbite, you should also be wise enough to know when and where NOT to use it.

What? Second circle? I seriously doubt second circle implies wisdom.

<<I will make note of this to Gauthus.

Hey, want to let you in on a little secret. These boards are OOC unless the folder expressly says IC.

<<We have always been the guardians of the people with our powerful magics. Remember that.

I think you refer to 'we' as the entire guild. We were not always the guardians of the people.

If your trader can't handle an in game conflict where he has right to kill the mage, then tell him at least to grow a pair and do the OOC conflict himself.

Trebber (there, that is how you start a conflict)
Re: No Casting Frostbite on Trade Routes 04/28/2005 08:16 AM CDT
<<I was informed by a trader today that Dakkeroth cast this very dangerous spell, on the NTR >> - Tironathay

First of all, it is a widely known fact that Dakkeroth is a farmer. Flash freezing the soil airates it as it drops in temperature and the soil expands and contracts.

Secondly, and I remind you of this because you have convinced me that you are a credible Dragonrealms veteran (I was able to deduce this by analyzing your highly informed post) that the NTR is the preferred area for casting frostbite. Frostbite, when cast at particular locations along the NTR temporarily increases the stamina of the caster. If you know this already, sorry for repeating the obvious.

Lastly, your friend is wise for having you confront Dakkeroth here on the boards rather than complain him or herself. Lets face it, you have an impressive command of the language. I was so enthralled by your comments I found myself reading and re-reading it. I actually reheated a day-old TV dinner so that I didn't starve to death sitting here admiring your post.

Anyways, enough blathering on about you. "Well done!" is the message!

Best,
:oP Ragran
"Genius is more often found in a cracked pot than in a whole one." - E.B. White
Re: No Casting Frostbite on Trade Routes 04/28/2005 11:13 AM CDT
Ragran's post: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"What do ya mean the goblin is wielding a greatsword? Since when can a goblin even.. OW!! why you little OW! Uh oh.. RUN AWAY!"
Re: No Casting Frostbite on Trade Routes 04/28/2005 04:23 PM CDT
No no Ragran... you are completely wrong... they changed that frostbite area... it PERMANENTLY increases stamina now. Some people are so misinformed. Oh and that TV dinner was 5 days old, sorry.

Algion
Re: No Casting Frostbite on Trade Routes 04/28/2005 05:07 PM CDT
::watches the crowd of warmies going to cast Frostbite at the same time:: that's gonna be alot of fatigued, blistered warmies..::

"What do ya mean the goblin is wielding a greatsword? Since when can a goblin even.. OW!! why you little OW! Uh oh.. RUN AWAY!"
Re: No Casting Frostbite on Trade Routes 04/28/2005 06:08 PM CDT
Hell i'm bored. i'm gonna run up and down the NTR and see just how many people i can get.

"Come for me now world, whilst I am weak. I shall prevail. Come at me world before I am strong, then witness my strength." ~Ecodom
Re: No Casting Frostbite on Trade Routes 04/29/2005 01:15 PM CDT
<<Oh and that TV dinner was 5 days old, sorry.>> - Algion

Never correct me in public! Ok?! Geese. I mean don't make me make you kick my ass...

"Yeah, I'm obnoxious, yeah, I cut people off, yeah, I'm rude. You know why? Because you're busy." - Bill O'Reilly
Re: No Casting Frostbite on Trade Routes 04/29/2005 05:54 PM CDT
>>Glad to see the war mage conflicts are still entertaining-Algion<<

Who set you free? We need names.

~Laurieana
Re: No Casting Frostbite on Trade Routes 04/30/2005 12:22 AM CDT
Take it all out on Ragran... he left the cage unlocked. Oh and Ssra just for good measure. On the subject, casting AE spells in a well traveled area may have been a touch stupid... okay a whole lot stupid... but its not as bad as the lame War Mages that have 0 combats but 700 target because they only need one macro

prep cl 20\r put cast\r

Evasion Junkie Algion

"A good marksman is not what should worry you, its the bad marksman you should worry about."
Re: No Casting Frostbite on Trade Routes 04/30/2005 03:31 AM CDT
The idiot that casts frostbite outside the theren gate before an invasion is gonna die if he ever trys that again.
Re: No Casting Frostbite on Trade Routes 04/30/2005 07:17 AM CDT
<<but its not as bad as the lame War Mages that have 0 combats but 700 target because they only need one macro>> - Algion

<receives a stern elbow to the side from his lawyer as if to remind Ragran that the judge is waiting for an answer>

...guilty.

"I have never smuggled anything in my life. Why, then, do I feel an uneasy sense of guilt on approaching a customs barrier?" - John Steinbeck

"
Re: No Casting Frostbite on Trade Routes 05/03/2005 12:53 PM CDT
I perfer

prep ip 10\r cast \?\r\pswing \?\r

then you can have 0 weapon skills but make them think you do.

"Come for me now world, whilst I am weak. I shall prevail. Come at me world before I am strong, then witness my strength." ~Ecodom
Re: No Casting Frostbite on Trade Routes 05/04/2005 08:15 AM CDT
I don't know why you think that I have to try to appear incompetent.

"Competence, like truth, beauty, and contact lenses, is in the eye of the beholder." - Laurence J. Peter(obviously a moron)