Prev_page Previous 1
SvS Nerf 02/28/2015 05:47 PM CST
Nearly every guild gets a powerful SvS barrier on top of being able to buff defending stats. Warrior Mage debilitation is becoming more and more useless at high level pvp thanks to this and the fact we still do not have any buffs for our primary stats in TM and our prime offensive spell stat, wisdom. The SvS change is going to make this become even more painfully obvious.

We can buff

+Reflex +Strength +Stamina

or

+Reflex + Agility

As a magic primary guild, how exactly do those help casting?

- Erixx
Re: SvS Nerf 02/28/2015 06:28 PM CST
WM debilitation is awful, anyway. Or maybe I'm just spoiled by when it was slightly overpowered. I miss tanking fatigue and doing nerve damage.

It would be very nice if we had any kind of SvS defense other than Lay Ward. Or if Ward Break was worth its salt (maybe if it debuffed warding?).

>Forgive my snark, but welcome to the life of a warrior mage.
Re: SvS Nerf 02/28/2015 07:38 PM CST
What about a 'both' if they can't stack. Like opposing elements that is either one or the other. Kind of like how the Empath spells Absolution and Gift of Life work. Would give more options for different opponents.
Re: SvS Nerf 02/28/2015 07:39 PM CST
You gesture.
You deftly contribute enough of your harnessed streams to maximize the pattern's potential.
An overwhelming clap of thunder booms through the area, rattling the teeth in your jaw.
A lava drake is viciously stunned!
A lava drake is moderately stunned!
The complementary nature of the spell empowers you.

Absolute joke at 1300 debilitation, 100+ in all stats on creatures that don't even teach me debilitation any longer, anything lower than cap only light stuns. A+

Can't wait to see what it does with something that has equal stats, stat buffs, and SvS barriers.

>>I can dig it. Would you prefer a vs. Fortitude or a vs. Reflexes barrier?*

>>*Those are your only options at the moment.**

>>**"Both" will be ignored.

And why is that? It's been nothing but WM nerfs since 3.0 dropped with 0 explanation other than "Because". I mean I guess the only way to get anything done is to get multiple people on here complaining about the same thing.

Why not just turn off magic once a WM hits 150.

Appreciate the constructive conversations Armifer.
- Erixx
Re: SvS Nerf 02/28/2015 07:53 PM CST
I do not desire to reward hyperbole with my time, so I retract the question and bid you a happy thread.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: SvS Nerf 02/28/2015 07:59 PM CST
Honestly all my problems are with vs. will. But maybe that's just my build. If I had to pick I guess I'd choose Fort? I feel like I can at least buff vs. reflexes (who's idea was it to name a contest 'vs reflexes' in a game with a Reflex attribute score?)

However, I also like this "both, but incompatable spells." It feels very war-mage.

+1 If casting one with the other up sets you hilariously on fire.

+2 if they stack, but one of them is an antinomic sorcery?

Re: SvS Nerf 02/28/2015 08:39 PM CST
You gesture.
You deftly contribute enough of your harnessed streams to maximize the pattern's potential.
An overwhelming clap of thunder booms through the area, rattling the teeth in your jaw.
The thread is viciously stunned!
The conflicting nature of the spell diminishes you.

Re: SvS Nerf 02/28/2015 11:32 PM CST
>>You gesture.
The complementary nature of the spell empowers you.

I'm not sure what your complaint is here. Vicious stun for that spell is 19-25 seconds, moderate is 11-18 seconds. If you're bouncing between the two you're probably getting 18-19 second stuns. Max stun duration is 25. Looking through my spreadsheet based on your skills and stats vs that creature, you probably lost a second or 2 at cap, and gained a second or 2 with any cast up to 50 mana. I appreciate your feedback on the matter, but looking through the numbers I don't think you should be so alarmed over this change.

>>And why is that? It's been nothing but WM nerfs since 3.0 dropped with 0 explanation other than "Because".

Not sure what you're talking about here at all.

ASGM Ricinus
Core, Logistics, Survival
Cleric Advocate
Re: SvS Nerf 03/02/2015 12:01 PM CST
>>I'm not sure what your complaint is here. Vicious stun for that spell is 19-25 seconds, moderate is 11-18 seconds. If you're bouncing between the two you're probably getting 18-19 second stuns. Max >>stun duration is 25. Looking through my spreadsheet based on your skills and stats vs that creature, you probably lost a second or 2 at cap, and gained a second or 2 with any cast up to 50 mana. I >>appreciate your feedback on the matter, but looking through the numbers I don't think you should be so alarmed over this change.

My complaint is these creatures are under my magic skill wise. The creatures I do hunt for magic, Cabs, only get moderate stuns at MAX now. My complaint is being 100% reliant on only my base mental stats which are already all 100's. Debilitation skill, like most magic skills, are all numbers with no meaning. So instead it will take a good years worth of tdps to bridge that gap. This is creature wise and not even mentioning the implications this has on PvP. If I'm having trouble with creatures beneath me I can only imagine the issues that are going to pop up facing another guild that also has all 100 in stats.

Being a defense/survival tert guild, the guild relies soley on its ability to control the fight with disablers and TM. Disablers have diminishing returns, defenders have a chance to succeed better at the contest than they should which still triggers diminishing returns. So yeah, not being able to max duration disable a creature beneath my magical skills does alarm me.

- Erixx
Re: SvS Nerf 03/02/2015 12:17 PM CST
>>And why is that? It's been nothing but WM nerfs since 3.0 dropped with 0 explanation other than "Because".

>>Not sure what you're talking about here at all.

Area TM spells being completely neutered.

No answer for stealth, or defense against it.

Disablers now getting gutted.

Roundtimes for targeting significantly increased

No buff for our primary stat for disablers ( and TM )

A lot of the rewrites left needed niches unfilled.

Being a defense/survival tert guild the way of the warrior mage has always been having to end the fight before it ramps up since those terts don't leave much room for error. Before the critics say what they always say, we do have BG which is our only saving grace. Take that out of the picture, or find a way around it ( which there is ), we really aren't a threat.

The only way I can survive any fight long enough if I'm unable to use BG to do anything at all is having to rely 100% on sorcery with barrier stacking and waiting on mana to regenerate to land the 10-15 lightning bolts it takes to bring someone down.

- Erixx
Re: SvS Nerf 03/02/2015 12:29 PM CST
I've already made changes to address just about every legitimate issue you've brought up. It seems your complaint is that a creature you outclass by 52% is receiving a stun of 68% its max duration. Those aren't made up numbers by the way. I can understand some of the alarm, since at the high end of the stat spectrum things were behaving a bit worse than was intended. Considering the recent changes, I'd appreciate your feedback on how it affects you, but please understand that I'm fairly resigned to the idea that I may not be able to please you without completely tossing out any notions of game balance.

ASGM Ricinus
Cleric Advocate
Re: SvS Nerf 03/02/2015 12:42 PM CST
>>List

None of those are WM nerfs, though certainly some of them were MU wide changes that were made with plenty of explanation. I think I'm about done with this tangent. Let me know how these recent changes are going, or don't. Either way, I am not terribly in the mood to argue over a perceived slight.

ASGM Ricinus
Cleric Advocate
Re: SvS Nerf 03/03/2015 10:43 AM CST
>>Either way, I am not terribly in the mood to argue over a perceived slight.

IMO there is some validity in what Erixx is saying, albeit aggressively. It feels as if Warmages have gone from being PvP powerhouses to average with a couple of holes. Our Terts have always frightened us, to be honest. Anything that widens those holes is a Scary Thing.

I can't speak to game balance decisions on the GM side of things, but I get the alarm, MU wide or guild specific.

In the 300s, i've noticed almost no change. Critters get up faster from Ice Patch, and Vertigo doesn't last as long as it did. They are still silly easy to spam snap cast with min prep so i'm not overly concerned. I should do more testing with frostbite, but been playing in Angisward recently.
Re: SvS Nerf 03/03/2015 01:49 PM CST
>Our Terts have always frightened us, to be honest. Anything that widens those holes is a Scary Thing.

Hey, man, I’m all about balance. I like for all guilds to have a fighting chance against every other guild. Not saying there can’t be some tough match ups, but fighting chance is a good word for it. Still, I don’t get the WM concern over tertiary defenses. That might’ve been a concern pre-3.0, but now?

Of the guilds that are widely considered fighting guilds, most can only buff one primary defense, their main defense, right? Rangers, MM, necromancers and thieves can only buff evasion and paladins can only buff shield. The only guilds that can buff more than one are bards (evasion and... parry, yuck), barbs (limited by number of buffs maintainable), clerics and WMs. Stay with me.

Let’s assume we have a big thief with 1300 evasion and 1000 shield who’s stanced all evasion and shield. He puts up his defensive buffs and defenses jump to 1560 and 1000 respectively for an average of 1280. The comparable WM would only have 1000 shield and 1000 evasion, but when he puts up his buffs he’s averaging 1200. 80 ranks is not worth losing sleep over at 1k+, especially with a robust debilitation suite, and the gap doesn't get much bigger than that. And that's at 1k+ when the gap between primary and tertiary is relatively large. Pre-1k, like in the 600-800 skill range, WMs come out ahead with buffs. WMs are not glass cannons anymore, just cannons. It could definitely be worse: like having a buff to only one defense that most guilds can bypass.
Re: SvS Nerf 03/03/2015 02:24 PM CST
>>It seems your complaint is that a creature you outclass by 52% is receiving a stun of 68% its max duration.

And how does that seem ok just by looking at that. What should the numbers be when I don't outclass, and if it's an even matchup? By those numbers, 15% at 100 mana cast. If that is the case what is the point of having a disabler in the first place?

Forgive my frustrations, but its pretty irritating to get things you have worked at for years and years stripped away for no apparent reason, then get no support from developers when voicing valid concerns. Perks of being magic prime and not having an advocate I suppose.

"Precieved Slight" Is half duration than previously on creatures i'm 150 ranks from capping. No sure why i'm mentioning this because we all know magic ranks mean nothing.

Just because changes to WM's happened to be MU changes doesn't change the fact they were massive nerfs to the guild with nothing given to fill the voids. The majority of the warrior mage kit was centered around AOE abilites which are a non-factor in 3.1 world. No other guild relied so heavily on AoE's and no other guild had as many spells rewritten.

Asking for a mental buffs to help fill some of these voids is looked upon like i'm asking for the biggest nuke in the game. It's not an insane request, we can buff fewer stats at one time than any other guild. Of the stats we can buff, none of them factor into our spell contests or make our TM any better. It's kind of a slap in the face to sit back and read other guilds getting concerns addressed. Ambush stat contests were changed to be more in favor of thief strong suits stat wise. Backstab was given a 8x damage multiplier because the "Precieved" damage wasn't enough. Barbarians are getting a extensive rework. I'm not saying any of those aren't warranted, but clearly player experience and concerns are being counted as more than eye rolling complaints.

But what do I know, I'm just here to argue about nothing.

- Erixx
Re: SvS Nerf 03/03/2015 02:39 PM CST
>>Let’s assume we have a big thief with 1300 evasion and 1000 shield who’s stanced all evasion and shield. He puts up his defensive buffs and defenses jump to 1560 and 1000 respectively for an average of >>1280. The comparable WM would only have 1000 shield and 1000 evasion, but when he puts up his buffs he’s averaging 1200. 80 ranks is not worth losing sleep over at 1k+, especially with a robust >>debilitation suite, and the gap doesn't get much bigger than that. And that's at 1k+ when the gap between primary and tertiary is relatively large. Pre-1k, like in the 600-800 skill range, WMs come out >>ahead with buffs. WMs are not glass cannons anymore, just cannons. It could definitely be worse: like having a buff to only one defense that most guilds can bypass.

You are forgetting thieves main defense is stealth, backstab bypasses shield and that evasion takes a penalty due to how successful the stealth contest was. Which at an at level contest is 100% with a survival tert with no glyph of light.

If you want to compare defense tert, compare it to a guild that isn't.

I also seem to remember you hitting me pretty hard given my tert defense base ranks were 200 more than your offense and a 50 stat difference between your agility and my reflex.

-Erixx
Re: SvS Nerf 03/03/2015 03:00 PM CST
>>then get no support from developers when voicing valid concerns

I have already made 2 changes in the last 2 days based on your valid concerns. I have no idea if those changes have been of any help to you so far since you haven't mentioned them, though based on other feedback I'm receiving, things seem to be working well now. Considering the level of exaggeration and contempt you seem to inject into your posts, I wouldn't be surprised if I've overlooked any other legitimate concerns.

>>"Precieved Slight" Is half duration than previously on creatures i'm 150 ranks from capping.

Based on the logs you've posted you were nowhere near losing half of the duration. A worst case scenario shows you lost 18%. Best case scenario you lost 10% at cap and gained up to 15% for other mana ranges. And those logs were based on a formula that has already been modified specifically for players with high stat scores like yours to even out the disparity better. My comment about 'perceived slight' referred to the mistaken belief that an effort to balance out parts of the entire magic system as a whole was secretly a plot to nerf WMs.

ASGM Ricinus
Cleric Advocate
Re: SvS Nerf 03/03/2015 03:14 PM CST
>If you want to compare defense tert, compare it to a guild that isn't.

That only leaves barbs and rangers, who are ants by comparison in terms of offense. That defenses are on par with everyone else isn't enough? I understand the legitimate complaints like you don't feel you have enough stat buffs or defense against SvS, but you can't tell me that WMs are gentle snowflakes; I've fought too many of 'em to believe that.

>I also seem to remember you hitting me pretty hard given my tert defense base ranks were 200 more than your offense and a 50 stat difference between your agility and my reflex.

I can't touch you when you're buffed, man (i.e. we're throwing down for real), but you're bigger than my paladin so no feelings hurt. I haven't been able to touch you since 3.0 even with SF (don't remember if I could land halt). I could touch everyone in 3.0. Those were the days.
Re: SvS Nerf 03/03/2015 10:04 PM CST
To update.

Only getting 16 second stuns on drakes at cap casts, oddly enough, the exact same duration on cabs too.

- Erixx
Re: SvS Nerf 03/03/2015 10:27 PM CST
Thanks for the update.

ASGM Ricinus
Cleric Advocate
Re: SvS Nerf 03/05/2015 12:48 AM CST
>>Thanks for the update.

So how much should we outclass something now before we even get close to max durations? How much wisdom should I need before I can do what I previously did to a creature I outclass by 50%?

- Erixx
Re: SvS Nerf 03/07/2015 11:49 PM CST

Near as I can tell the game is heavily skewed towards survival oriented guilds. Lore just cannot fill that gap for combat as a secondary. And Magic Primary doesnt buff enough to compensate.

So you lose. GG.
Re: SvS Nerf 03/08/2015 08:14 AM CDT
>Lore just cannot fill that gap for combat as a secondary.

Woah! You don't say! Lore has fewer combat applications than Survival?!?!

>And Magic Primary doesnt buff enough to compensate.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Oh god, you're serious.
Re: SvS Nerf 03/08/2015 01:21 PM CDT

Yeah crazy talk.

A fair and balanced game where everyone is on equal footing rank for rank in combat regardless of whether they use magic survival weapons or lore for their primary.
Re: SvS Nerf 03/08/2015 03:43 PM CDT
>A fair and balanced game where everyone is on equal footing rank for rank in combat regardless of whether they use magic survival weapons or lore for their primary.

It's a little crazy considering how stacked against this concept DR's design is. There are good reasons that the PVP muds look nothing like DR!A balanced PVP game is ultimately going to involve smashing DR's square peg into a round hole.

Re: SvS Nerf 03/08/2015 04:44 PM CDT

I cant speak to the logistics it would require.

But I think everyone can agree if you spend an hour in a hunting ground, regardless of your Guild orientation you should be able to glean the same combat effective ranks as any other Guild.

Unfortunately as the game is today my rank of magic is not as effective as your rank of survival.
Re: SvS Nerf 03/08/2015 05:03 PM CDT
>Unfortunately as the game is today my rank of magic is not as effective as your rank of survival.

Fine, I'll be less snarky. Be specific and exact. What situation do you mean? I honestly have no idea what you're mad about at this point. Is it just 'vs. hiding'? Because your skill in warding is worth a hell of a lot more than their skill in athletics, in a fight.

Hell, the only two survival skills I can imagine even mattering are hiding and evasion. Maybe perception, but if you're a WM who is hiding, that's on your own head.

Meanwhile, for combat application, you have offense, defense, damage reduction, status effect application, etc. in your primary skill set. The magic skill set can literally do anything, especially when you have access to sorcery. Survival doesn't have any sort of breadth or depth to it like that.

How, exactly, is magic getting 'bullied' by survival?

>But I think everyone can agree if you spend an hour in a hunting ground, regardless of your Guild orientation you should be able to glean the same combat effective ranks as any other Guild.

That is not, and never has been, how DR skillsets work. The primary/secondary/tertiary sets would allocate a different amount of exp at the end of that hour.
Re: SvS Nerf 03/08/2015 06:34 PM CDT
>>Unfortunately as the game is today my rank of magic is not as effective as your rank of survival.

Maybe in certain situations, but not overall. I've been a strict survival prime person for all of my DR days until 3.1. Magic is one of the most robust systems and skillsets in the game. MU's (especially primaries) have it pretty good right now.

DR has never been a balanced game, but it's closer to having some semblance of game balance today than ever before. I don't want a perfectly balanced PvE/PvP game, since I get bored of them quickly. Complex games are hard to balance but keep my interest much longer.
Re: SvS Nerf 03/08/2015 08:21 PM CDT
>The magic skill set can literally do anything,

Well, that's maybe a bit unfair. Magic ranks are expressly forbidden from doing a lot of things -- although almost everything spells have been forbidden over the years can be summed up in 'replicate survival skills;' It's only recently been kicked out of the armor skillset, (though ironically that ended up more of a blow to the value of armor skills), and for most of DR history nobody cared to use lore skills let alone duplicate them. Magic skill does have a (potentially weird) foothold in weapons, though.

I can get the feeling that magic is being beat into place for survival's sake, though I also get that the feeling is a bit silly -- but magic interactions with lore, weapons, and armor haven't been nerfed much since nobody cares about those skillsets as much as they like surivival. Survival has such a varied suite of tools compared to the one-dimentionality of weapons, armor, and lore that it's almost suspicious as a skillset. The entire stealth system (Perception should probably have been in Armor or folded into stealth, it adds almost nothing to the game as-is), the entire loot system (boxes, skins, and crafting materials), the entire travel system, and even a couple feet directly in combat.

All that said, like, calm down. Have some tea.

--
Re: SvS Nerf 03/10/2015 01:24 PM CDT
I think my only gripe about magic as a prime skillset placement is that every guild regardless of skillset placement gets cool magic and / or special abilities that are like magic and that run off of skills in whatever their primary skillsets are. Once characters can cap their spells all buffs are the same intensity and debilitation effectiveness is down to stats. The only skill that continues to matter is TM, but a character with equal weapon skill and good guild abilities won't miss it. So aside from getting more spell slots (instead of having totally-not-magic abilities and fewer spell slots.) and using attunement more efficiently, it's hard to see the benefit.

OTOH playing my WM is fun, so there's that.

Mazrian
Re: SvS Nerf 03/10/2015 01:33 PM CDT

> Once characters can cap their spells all buffs are the same intensity

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but is this true? I thought there were spheres of influence that gave some guilds stronger buffs and debuffs in their sphere than guilds who do not share that sphere?
Re: SvS Nerf 03/10/2015 01:53 PM CDT
>I thought there were spheres of influence that gave some guilds stronger buffs and debuffs in their sphere than guilds who do not share that sphere?

That's accurate insofar as that's what the GMs have said is the case. What Maz means, I think, is if it takes 500 augmentation skill to cap a basic buff (made up number), then once you reach 500 ranks you have your capped buff whether magic primary, secondary or tertiary. In theory, even the hardest to cast buffs shouldn't take more than 1200 skill, potentially less with spell stance and mastery feats, and that's attainable even for a magic tert guild.

One of the advantages of being an MU in a magic primary guild that I think gets overlooked a lot is not just the quality of magic primary spellbooks, but their size. Clearly, a lot of time was spent on making magic primary spellbooks something enviable. I mean, just think about what warmies had before 3.0. I played a warmie back in the day, but had a hard time enjoying it because it was all about casting CL or ALA with 20 other spells that did basically the same thing less efficiently. It seems by design that magic secondary and tertiary guilds have spellbooks that are less comprehensive.
Re: SvS Nerf 03/10/2015 02:38 PM CDT
With 3.0 and beyond, I have felt that the pendulum of magic has swung too far into the "must be the same" area (since that area moved with multiple NMU perks being added in)

The differences between the roles are becoming more flavor and less mechanic, and I for one feel this is not a good thing. Unfortunately (or not, depending on your view) the current direction of GM thought does not agree. I can't really get into a lot of specifics here, because I don't want this to be a GvG argument, even though it kinda is.
Re: SvS Nerf 03/10/2015 04:37 PM CDT
>>The differences between the roles are becoming more flavor and less mechanic, and I for one feel this is not a good thing. Unfortunately (or not, depending on your view) the current direction of GM thought does not agree.

Well from their point of view it is easier to balance abilities/spells across the game, and makes development much easier, which will lead to more development down the road. As an example Bards got hardly any magic updates before 3.0 because their magic system was a hybrid that was unique to their own guild. No one wanted to learn that system just to develop for one guild. Now that magic is uniform across all guilds, all MUs will see more development than they did in the past.

I will agree that guilds have lost some of their uniqueness, but I like seeing development/updates happening every several months instead of every 8-12 months. The current game design philosophy is good for the longevity of this game IMO.
Re: SvS Nerf 03/10/2015 05:34 PM CDT
>every guild regardless of skillset placement gets cool magic and / or special abilities that are like magic and that run off of skills in whatever their primary skillsets are.

I'm scratching my head at this one, and I know what you're talking about but I can't think of any examples besides backstab. What are the others?
Re: SvS Nerf 03/11/2015 04:09 AM CDT
>>I'm scratching my head at this one, and I know what you're talking about but I can't think of any examples besides backstab. What are the others?

Pretty much any magic tert guild, even soon to be traders, now get magic. NMU skills run off magic now. Spell spheres of influence prevent guilds from having crossover skills/spells, even though some still do. The big selling point of being a Warrior Mage back in the day was Master of TM. Now we're master of Summoning and got no love on the development of the skill to make it a fun and exciting system. (I'm not bashing the current crop of GMs you guys do great work with releases, there's just not enough of you to go around?)

Guilds that used to not have TM spells, now have TM spells. I don't think magic terts should have TM spells.

This sounds like harsh criticism, and I don't mean it to be at all. I don't feel angry, just sad that there's been no love for my warrior mages, and what was our Bag(TM)was handed out to every other guild, while other guild toys we had were taken away. (YS/Earth Sense). Other guilds weren't impacted by our new summoning specialty with loss of summoning abilities/spells. FoS and FRS are still gone (forever?).
Right now, we have buffs, debilitators, damage, and Air Bubble. Pathways don't feel potent, granted I've not done a terrible lot with them, but consistent use isn't really an option.

If I had to pick a sexiest feature, it would be our ignite/moa combo, or our familiars.
I really wish familiars could pick up weapons.

I dunno, I'm frustrated. Maybe I'm wrong to be.

Also, I miss Wythor and Chakram (and even Rottie too, but I'd never admit to it) :(

I need a hug.
Re: SvS Nerf 03/11/2015 04:19 AM CDT
>>Chakram

Isn't he around? Fairly sure he is.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Re: SvS Nerf 03/11/2015 04:54 AM CDT
Magic tertiary guilds have as long as I remember had a few TM skills. Being master of TM doesn't mean everyone else only gets one spell, it means warrior mages have a much large variety. And as much as I loved YS on my old warrior mage, it needed a huge huge nerf. It basically let me wear plate better than a paladin at the same level.
Re: SvS Nerf 03/11/2015 06:07 AM CDT
>> Spell spheres of influence prevent guilds from having crossover skills/spells, even though some still do.

That's not what SoI is for. All SoI does is determine the strength of a buff activated by a guild. If the skill/stat is in SoI then it is 20% if not 15%. SoI has no bearing on spell distribution or development.

>>All the TM stuff.

It sounds like your definition of being master of a skill differs from most others. TM was shared by 2 other guilds before they made damaging spells require TM. TM was never War Mage's guild skill, Summoning became that. Being the master of a skill doesn't mean only a certain guild can use that skill. WMs are still the masters of TM when compared to any other guild though. You have a TM skill buff, pathways that interact with the skill in ways no other guild can (increased damage, shortening the time till full aim, and more), the amount of TM sources and damage that a WM can have going all at once is second to no other guild, plus WMs are the AoE guild.

If you were expecting the DR of 10-15 years ago, the game has moved on, but in a good direction. You should open your mind to what is being gained by the game as a whole instead of perceiving to lose something because you have to share. Current development is to expand skills to be useful by everyone, and to have rules be uniform across the guilds and game. So if your guild has an offensive damaging spell, then it requires TM to use. To take TM away from magic terts would mean to take their damaging spells, and any offensive nature of their magic except Debilitation. This just doesn't seem like a fair thing to do to a MU guild that is already at a disadvantage.
Re: SvS Nerf 03/11/2015 07:55 AM CDT
Honestly, by that logic, no one who isn't survival prime should be able to hide, no one who isn't weapon prime should be able to use 2 handed weapons (2he, 2hb, pike, staff, etc.), only lore primes should be able to craft at all, and only armor primes should be able to wear arm worn shields.
Prev_page Previous 1