Got grabbed, stranded in Leth 03/17/2009 12:25 AM CDT
Heyo all,

I got stolen from some while in Leth and can't afford the ferry back to mainland. Of course, I'm young, hanven't paid off my debt and am stuck with a couple loads and no way to deliver. Hope this don't tank my reputation....i'm thinking about just returning my caravan but dunno if that'll work.

If anyone could help, please AIM cjanquart, thanks.

Balkinar, young trader
Re: Got grabbed, stranded in Leth 03/17/2009 12:05 PM CDT
Sorry that happened, but until you get your perception up there it is going to happen again. PROTECT COIN is your friend. I would suggest to have one at least one silver coin under protect at all times so that you will at least have ferry fare.

Abison
Re: Got grabbed, stranded in Leth 03/17/2009 12:18 PM CDT
or get a one coin coin purse i think you can still get them pretty easy i just don't remember where.

Re: Got grabbed, stranded in Leth 03/17/2009 01:00 PM CDT
Or go the player-interaction route and look for/hire/bribe someone to guard you. This is probably the most difficult of the suggestions but potentially the most rewarding. If you manage to find someone, my bet is they'd be more insterested in the RP than the payment.

SEND[Zeyurn] Stop doing that.
Re: Got grabbed, stranded in Leth 03/17/2009 01:29 PM CDT
I thought they had changed it so your last 3-4 silver couldn't be stolen now? Anyways, I recommend keeping a couple gems in a closed pouch in your backpack. If you get to the ferry and realize you have no coins left, run to Leth, sell a couple silver worth, and run back.

-Azhag
Re: Got grabbed, stranded in Leth 03/17/2009 01:49 PM CDT
A few weeks ago, I ran into a new player in Prime who didn't know about using smaller currencies- and the poor gal got cleaned out before she could buy her shield. Fortunately my character was in a position to help out. After that, I gave her a wee Street Survival lecture so she wouldn't be such an easy target.

Try not to carry gold any more than you can help, if that's what happened.

Good luck!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Got grabbed, stranded in Leth 03/17/2009 03:40 PM CDT
It's like that advice old men (ie, Jack Nicholson in The Bucket List) give:

1)never pass up a bank
2)never waste a sale
3)buy low, sell high

DISCLAIMER: THIS POSTER IS NOT A MEMBER OF STAFF AND HIS INFORMATION IS/MIGHT BE WRONG.
Re: Got grabbed, stranded in Leth 03/17/2009 03:57 PM CDT
Thanks for the pointers all.
I carry coppers, so that's fine. Just need to try protect coin and hunt critters that drop gems. Should be an interesting challenge.
About a hour later a nice cleric named Nephihah gave me a silver.
Tanks again all.

Balkinar, young dwarf trader
Re: Got grabbed, stranded in Leth 03/17/2009 04:21 PM CDT
Oh, and one last thing. Trader Socials are every Sunday. Once a month its a convoy, but most are either in Crossing or Riverhaven. There are ususally some upper circle traders there plus one or two mentors. Heck, mainly its become a social thing and less about helping young traders. But if you come, most likely someone will be there that can answer almost any question you have on traders.
Re: Got grabbed, stranded in Leth 03/17/2009 05:05 PM CDT
>or get a one coin coin purse i think you can still get them pretty easy i just don't remember where.

Not storebought.