Trader accusing 10/11/2007 04:39 AM CDT
How soon after I catch someone stealing from me do I have to accuse them to the clerks in the outposts? I caught one and by the time I got to the next outpost it had been too long.

Maybe I should have just ditched my caravan and run straight there...
Re: Trader accusing 10/11/2007 08:30 AM CDT
sometimes its not a matter of time, its a matter of charisma, and the criminal record of both you and the accusee.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Trader accusing 11/14/2007 01:09 AM CST
>>sometimes its not a matter of time, its a matter of charisma, and the criminal record of both you and the accusee.

I'm not so sure trader accuse is working properly. I had several friends attempt to steal from me on the routes (with a caravan), but the minister gave me the old "Maybe if you'd reported this sooner." message when I tried to accuse them. Even more recently, someone attempted to steal from me on the NTR near Arthe Dale, but again, the minister didn't believe me. I ran to Crossing and successfully accused the person at the guardhouse.

I'm not very familiar with the justice system. Should I be able to accuse out of town thefts in town? If this doesn't seem wonky, what does it take to get someone thugged? This is a 93rd circle trader working with 40 charisma, who has been jailed less than 30 times over the years if that matters any.
Re: Trader accusing 11/14/2007 06:07 PM CST
I may be wrong but I seem to remember you actually have to catch them in the act. Just an attempt isn't enough.

No blood, no foul, no thugging.

Of course it might just be that some rooms are coded for outpost accusations and other for Crossing. Maybe some in between Crossing and Arthe Dale are considered closer to Crossing and still part of the city.

-=Dirge. The diamond ring on the Greater Fist.=-