Trader thug question; consent 12/27/2005 03:43 AM CST
I was told today that if we are stolen from, and the stealer gives us back coins, and we accuse them to the minister and have thugs get him, that theif has consent against us...now..that seems like BS to me...somebody please confirm that it is BS? Adera, if you could put a word on this subject, it would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Trader thug question; consent 12/27/2005 12:29 PM CST
Its true.

:oP Ragran
Re: Trader thug question; consent 12/27/2005 04:08 PM CST
Greetings,

Since the coins had been returned, consent at that point was over. The trader thugs are one of our ways of dealing consent against thieves for stealing. So it's an either/or scenario here, either get the coins back, attack the thief on your own, or go accuse and hope the thugs get you some revenge. You could also just go on your way and ignore it all. But you can't do a combination. Hope that helped clarify a bit.

Adera

Life is the journey, not the destination.
Re: Trader thug question; consent 12/27/2005 06:47 PM CST
My question is..when a theif steals from us..how do we know exactly how much hes stolen? and if he gives us coin back, how do we know thats exactly how much hes stolen?
Re: Trader thug question; consent 12/27/2005 06:59 PM CST
Um, you count your coins? Just a suggestion.

Erinenne
Re: Trader thug question; consent 12/27/2005 09:18 PM CST
How does that exactly work? I'm sorry, doesn't seem if the coins are returned, that consent should be nulled.

1) If someone even tries to steal from me, and misses, I still have consent on them for the attempt.
2) I can even accuse someone who steals from me and doesn't get in.

So.. clarification.

I'm a trader and I"m walking around doing my routes.
I catch a thief with his hand in my pockets
The thief, without a word, gives me 2 gold and runs off

Now... I have no avenues of reciprocation here? It seems to me you still have consent or thugs or whatever, just for the attempt.

I could see if you asked for the coins back, and the thief gives them. But it doesn't seem like they should be able to cover their backs just by giving coins and running off.

-Wighten
Re: Trader thug question; consent 12/28/2005 01:40 AM CST
I dont keep a constant tab on how many coins I have...Also...the ACT of stealing, theivery, is still committed. simply because they give the coins back doesnt mean it still isnt stealing. If they wernt caught, would they give the coins back? If a thief steals an item to the shop, then bins it, is there pilfering (or whatever crime it is) charge against them dropped?
Re: Trader thug question; consent 12/29/2005 06:01 AM CST
<<Adera>>
That was cool, and rare, that you tried to help clarify.

<<Also...the ACT of stealing, theivery, is still committed.>>

I know when you say the ACT OF STEALING yer referring to someone using the steal verb then getting caught. I wanted to add that if someone plays a mugger that rarely employs stealth to steal (like me) there is an argument for consent even if I dont get caught.

For example: Ragran smiles mockingly at Wighten and says, "Turn out ya pockets, ya stupid cow!"

That's sorta consentual. Its moot because noone else plays like this...but they should!

:oP Ragran