hm 12/13/2005 03:07 PM CST
Strangely enough, the leth ferry doesn't seem to belong to neither the trade routes nor to the city of crossing.

>accuse **** (the usual ferry thug)
The clerk takes you to one side, questioning you carefully about the incident. After several moments he says, "I'm sorry, Galadthon, but I don't recognize the place you are saying this theft took place. It doesn't sound like any place I know of on the trade routes around here."

I had hoped that I wouldn't have to rely on my friends to give him a lesson.
Re: hm 12/14/2005 01:51 PM CST
One of the things thats really getting on my nerves lately......I have nearly 300 in percpetion...yet a theif with only 50 in stealing can rob me blind...granted, I can catch em, and I can accuse em....but that doesnt mean Ill be getting my money back...We all know the theif cookie is quite ab it over powered, so why not develop a speculate that can properly and fairly balance that out?
Re: hm 12/14/2005 04:03 PM CST
It is my understanding that your perception is used in catching the thief, but your stealing skill is what is used to actually stop a thief. Too bad learning stealing is tougher than learning perception.

Nikpack
player of Celeiros and "law-abiding" Makona

"I would suggest taking everything as some sort of IC bias unless you see something which seems to offer incontrovertible proof of an OOC issue." -- Navak
Re: hm 12/19/2005 01:18 PM CST
<<Galadthon>>

Yer fun on the ferry. I think yer thugging is working. I died once cuz i was way up the NTR - and im sure it w3as from you, and got nailed another time in town - right after you got me.

Plus everyone I over-steal from on the ferry gets me thugged. It hoyts.

<<yet a theif with only 50 in stealing can rob me blind>>

Galadthon is correct about the formula - i think stats go into it too, but im talkin out of my butt there. Also non-guilded have no bonuses to stealing.

:oP Ragran
Re: hm 12/19/2005 02:47 PM CST
Well, thanks Ragran ;)

Yes it was me that thugged you, I did warn you quite a few times before that though :) Regardless, Galadthon hopes that Ragran learned his lesson .. but I know better :p
Re: hm 01/02/2006 08:13 AM CST
i know this post is quite a bit late but something that poster RAGE4U13 said was quite a bit off track

<<I have nearly 300 in percpetion...yet a theif with only 50 in stealing can rob me blind...granted, I can catch em, and I can accuse em....but that doesnt mean Ill be getting my money back...We all know the theif cookie is quite ab it over powered

any guilded thief with 50 stealing doesn't have any cookies to help him/her rob you. and please do tell how the their cookie that helps them with stealing is overpowered if 1) it doesn't exceed global caps and 2) has greatly exaggerated downtimes unlike any other spell/agility IG that could cast or somehow put back up immediatly?

-Teh Scout Schadowynd Dalis'x, Brigand of Ratha
Reality is perception. Perceptions change. Reality is fluid. So if by 'reality' you mean reliably tangable objects and immutable events, then there is no such thing.
Re: hm 01/03/2006 03:28 AM CST
so then a theif with 50 stealing, without the proper khri, can steal somebody with 300 percep easily. That makes even more sense....
Re: hm 01/03/2006 03:35 AM CST
>>so then a theif with 50 stealing, without the proper khri, can steal somebody with 300 percep easily. That makes even more sense....<<

Well, your example really doesn't make much sense. It's like saying, so 50 heavy edge can hit someone with 300 perception easily. That doesn't make sense.

Perception doesn't stop the first theft. Now, whether or not it should is a moot as well. Stealing IS being rewritten, but until then, you simply need to learn how the stealing system currently works.

And 50 stealing against 300 perception will NOT be able to easily clean them out. They'll get one grab, probably one coin at that. So, you'll lose 1-30 kronar or so, depending on what you keep in your pocket. A gold if they get insanely lucky, or you just don't protect yourself. Then you can accuse them, and cost them 3 plat of a fine.

-Wighten
Re: hm 01/03/2006 03:45 AM CST
Wighten, do you know exactly how the steal rewrite is being done?
Re: hm 01/03/2006 05:41 AM CST
<<Wighten, do you know exactly how the steal rewrite is being done?

The stealing rewrite is one of the projects Ssra is working on.

-Teh Scout Schadowynd Dalis'x, Brigand of Ratha
Reality is perception. Perceptions change. Reality is fluid. So if by 'reality' you mean reliably tangable objects and immutable events, then there is no such thing.
Re: hm 01/03/2006 06:31 AM CST
There is absolutely no evidence anywhere that stealing is actively being rewritten, except in some glorified 'soon' list.

Now maybe that just means its a big secret, or maybe that means nothing is happening. Considering the stuff Mr. Ssra has admitted to be working on, its my opinion we are stuck with this short-bus version of player stealing for a while.
Re: hm 01/03/2006 08:35 AM CST
I was just retained to add the final touches to the new system.

Stealing is going to be WM primary.

:oP Ragran
Re: hm 01/13/2006 05:18 PM CST
<<One of the things thats really getting on my nerves lately......I have nearly 300 in percpetion...yet a theif with only 50 in stealing can rob me blind...granted, I can catch em, and I can accuse em....but that doesnt mean Ill be getting my money back...We all know the theif cookie is quite ab it over powered, so why not develop a speculate that can properly and fairly balance that out?>>

do try to make your point without exaggeration

a guilded thief with only 50 in stealing would not even have the khri <thief cookie> - yes, you can say khri on the boards - in question.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."