Heard a Rumor about the Barges, is it true? 07/29/2004 05:53 PM CDT
Ok, I got wiped out today on the barge between Haven and Lang but some guy who kept pointing as I hid, and I caught him too, but it was too late to accuse when we docked. He then wiped me out again when I came back to head back to Haven. The GM's wouldn't do anything unless he did it a third time, which hasn't happened . . . yet, but that's beside the point. The point is the GH I talked with said that the gambling room on the barges was a no-theft room, and I just thought I'd ask if this was true or not, or if anyone would like to hitch a ride with me sometime to try it out.

Erinenne's player, who's having a really bad day after getting take for almost 3 plat
Re: Heard a Rumor about the Barges, is it true? 07/29/2004 05:57 PM CDT
The gambling room on the Haven-Lang barges is no-theft. Guards are employed there.

Ryeka

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Heard a Rumor about the Barges, is it true? 07/29/2004 07:39 PM CDT
One of the best things you can do to combat thieves that use that kind of tactic on the ferries and other places where you have no way to escape them, is to go to the thief boards and announce the offense, and the name of the offending thief, so that it can be handled within the guild. Believe it or not, we are actually pretty vigilant about this kind of behaviour. It's draws a bad light upon the rest of the guild.

~Bre

Blood flows red. Without skin, we're all brothers.
Re: Heard a Rumor about the Barges, is it true? 07/29/2004 08:40 PM CDT
That's some bad news Erinenne, great sympathies. You can go there and squelch the room scripts to make it more comfortable.
Re: Heard a Rumor about the Barges, is it true? 07/30/2004 09:52 AM CDT
That's a shame to hear as well. If you see me up there running contracts, feel free to join me, I tend to take the rentable ships, you can employee guards at the front of the ship to prevent people sneaking on and it's much faster, but it costs 5 gold kronar an hour to rent, but sometimes that's worth the no hassle.

Lurel
Re: Heard a Rumor about the Barges, is it true? 08/19/2004 05:48 AM CDT
>>One of the best things you can do to combat thieves that use that kind of tactic on the ferries and other places where you have no way to escape them, is to go to the thief boards and announce the offense, and the name of the offending thief, so that it can be handled within the guild. Believe it or not, we are actually pretty vigilant about this kind of behaviour. It's draws a bad light upon the rest of the guild.
---

First I've heard of this, but I do agree. I'll make sure to bring it up at the meeting we're having.

~Apprentice to Damaris
Re: Heard a Rumor about the Barges, is it true? 07/10/2005 12:40 PM CDT
<<"You can go there and squelch the room scripts to make it more comfortable. >>

How is this done? How do you squelch the room scripts?

Where ever you go, there you are.
Re: Heard a Rumor about the Barges, is it true? 07/11/2005 02:43 PM CDT
Squelches are wonderful to quieten things down, especially in a room where lots of folks are learning lore :)

I'm still happy to use the archaic Wizard FE, so I don't know about other front ends. With the Wizard it's: Configuration/Text Strings/Squelches, then enter some words from any output you want to ignore, and set "Not on word boundary."

Balshin.