Novice Trader Stealing Question 04/14/2004 07:42 AM CDT
Is it possible for theives to steal items out of containers? for example, I leave my backpack open and go off walking, can they steal my ledger out of it?

Thanks.
Re: Novice Trader Stealing Question 04/14/2004 07:58 AM CDT

newp. only things that are stealable from you are gems and coins. And it doesn't mean that the pickpocket that got them was a guilded thief. Anyone can be a pickpocket, with the possible exception of Paladins. :-) <not that they Can't, just that they are penalized severely for it>.

However, Items can be robbed from you if you die <after 1st circle>.

So get plenty of favors, and make sure you get a glyph from a friendly paladin before departing.

And particularly in war-time, know your way in and out of the temples and where you would depart from - that are close to anywhere you are likely to trade. <dirge temple, crossing temple, leth deriel temple all in zoluren for example>

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: Novice Trader Stealing Question 04/14/2004 07:59 AM CDT
Thieves can steal GEMS from open containers on your person, but not any other stuff.

Of course, if you leave something on the ground, anyone can take it.

- Nykie
Re: Novice Trader Stealing Question 04/14/2004 08:00 AM CDT
Damnit, Gonif beat me!

::shakes fist::
Re: Novice Trader Stealing Question 04/14/2004 08:23 AM CDT
the thief has to be faster than the trader to get the shinies. Hehe.

---
A scavenger troll arrives, scouring the area.

The scavenger troll exclaims, "I dinks I like da' Moongate!"

The scavenger troll bends over and picks up the Moongate. After appraising it, the troll places the Moongate in its frayed knapsack
Re: Novice Trader Stealing Question 04/14/2004 08:57 AM CDT
thanks all!