Appeal for selling bags of items on tables as 1 slot 02/03/2018 09:28 PM CST
I would like to request a change how containers of items are considered in the context of trader tables/shops.

It would be nice if a bag of items could be counted as 1 slot for purposes of table room. This would help if we wanted to say, sell a bag of 40 rare gems, which just isn't even possible under the current circumstances as that would be 41 slots on one surface.

I don't think this would equate to some game breaking advantage, it really only expands the options for traders to create sets of items that can be sold together without completely monopolizing table room.
Re: Appeal for selling bags of items on tables as 1 slot 02/04/2018 08:57 AM CST
I think there's a mechanics issue one has to consider for this suggestion. Look at how many of the stacker items work or even what happens when a gem pouch is tied. The game has to make all those items equal, either they already are (e.g. Stacking a bunch of deeds together or scrolls) or the game makes them equal (it sums the values of all the gems, deletes them, and makes a new gem pouch with that value). The game still has to keep track of all those items because they exist.

What does that mean for a trader table? Well I suspect there was a limit to how many items one can sell was implemented on a given table to:

1) create a sense of progression for traders as they level - if a new trader can sell everything they own with one table, where's the carrot to circle?
2) to prevent too many items all at once somehow taxing the system. - an extreme number of items in one place can tax the system, this is why we have janitors.

So I don't if broadly classifying a container and all the items inside of it could work. It's seems dangerous to fill a table with gen pouches filled to the brim, at the extreme though. But could trader tables stand to hold a few more items? Possibly. That doesn't help to make selling sets of items more convenient.

Nikpack