Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/14/2017 03:54 PM CDT

Is there a way to see who is funding a shop, be it a gem shop or furrier shop? There are a few shops around Elanthia and only a few are able to finance them. Unfortunately the one south of Ilithi seems to be full and so is the one in Horse Clan.

Thanks in advance,

Annandale
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/14/2017 09:56 PM CDT
Afaik you can only check if there's an opening for new financiers, not who the current financiers are. It would be great if the amount of financing was increased as well as the number of Traders who could finance a shop. Does the investment board in the Crossing guildhall show financiers or just opportunities to finance?

also from Trader GM announcement post #300:

"... Up to 10 traders can finance a single outpost, now. When one trader's funds run out, the shop will automatically move on to the next. If no traders are financing, the shop will try to use its own funds. When those are depleted, a short time for them to secure a loan (or for a trader to invest) will pass before they are re-funded. An unfunded outpost will not purchase from anyone.

Currently two outposts were updated for it -- Tominessa's (NTR) and Willowbee's (Aesry). More outposts will be coming. The current two require the financing trader to be a citizen of the area (Zoluren and Aesry respectively). There are no plans to change this right now, but SOME future outposts (such as Fang Cove's) will be able to be funded by anyone without citizenship requirements..."

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Traders/Game%20Master%20and%20Official%20Announcements/view/300

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Shop_financing
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/14/2017 10:04 PM CDT

State of Local Financing Opportunities:

1) Tominessa's at the North Roads Caravansary is currently financed by just 1 Trader.
2) Willowbee's out on Aesry is currently financed by no one!

This is what I see for Crossing.
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/14/2017 10:07 PM CDT
Would it be possible for the financeable gem shops show up on the Crossing guildhall investment board like the 2 financeable fur shops or better yet, investment boards in each Trader guildhall? And more financeable fur shops? That would be awesome.
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/15/2017 09:49 AM CDT

It would be awesome if we could finance normal shops like the crossing gen shop, with limits on the amount to encourage multiple traders.
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/16/2017 09:28 AM CDT
>>It would be awesome if we could finance normal shops like the crossing gen shop, with limits on the amount to encourage multiple traders.

financing would have to be reworked to omit trader sold pouches from the financed amount for this to work.
as it stands, when you finance a shop for say 100 plat, 90 plat is used for sales. Out of this, the funds used from your finance are calculated post-bonus.
So if a a trader sold 50 plat of gems with the standard 60% bonus it will use 80 plat of your funds, but only provide you 50 plat of gems.

While you could then resale these gems, hopefully with your own 60% max bonus, you could break even with the sale, but since i expect many, if not most, gems sold at the crossing shop are sold via traders with their bonus, there wouldn't be much profit in financing the shops that are frequented by traders themselves to sell gems.

It would be apropos if your funds are calculated pre-bonus, or trader sold gems don't factor into the financing at all, but this would be necessary to make these shops worthwhile at all.

in summary, remember, you can actually lose money by financing shops if you don't have the skills necessary for a max speculate bonus.
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/16/2017 09:47 AM CDT
actually in addition, if another skilled trader sold enough gems to use all 90 plat your funds, you will lose, at a minimum, 10 plat out of your 100 plat investment.
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/16/2017 09:49 AM CDT

> It would be apropos if your funds are calculated pre-bonus, or trader sold gems don't factor into the financing at all, but this would be necessary to make these shops worthwhile at all.

I didn't even think that would be an option. I think selling to a speculator, vs an appraiser, should always give you the base value for the pouch; however, anyone could sell to them (assuming financing) which is why they would be used.
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/16/2017 12:46 PM CDT
>>Unfortunately the one south of Ilithi seems to be full

That one appears to be bugged. I'm looking into how to fix it.

>>Up to 10 traders can finance a single outpost

Looks like this is only true for furriers?

>>Would it be possible for the financeable gem shops show up on the Crossing guildhall investment board like the 2 financeable fur shops or better yet, investment boards in each Trader guildhall?

I'll see if that board can be made to recognize the older shops.

I've wanted to make a new financeable gem outpost in Vela'Tohr Valley for some time. Is it needed, though? Of the six live outposts, three are unfinanced and two are financed by the same person.

GM Grejuva
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/16/2017 01:01 PM CDT

> I've wanted to make a new financeable gem outpost in Vela'Tohr Valley for some time. Is it needed, though? Of the six live outposts, three are unfinanced and two are financed by the same person.

I wish it was as I love the concept, but I don't think it is. A lot of people using the same script aren't even bothering to tie their gem poucehs any more. They just sell gems individually. Most of the rest will just save them for a while until they can find a high level trader or login on an alt to sell them. It turns out people don't want the convenience of pouches without the 60% bonus on top.

I wish there was a way to finance existing shops and only for non-traders. Let the gem sellers buy pouches from non-traders, using financed funds. Allow up to 100 traders to finance the big shops, maybe require high-level traders, and let it cycle through them on a first-come, first-serve basis with a limited finance cap.
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/16/2017 01:48 PM CDT
> It would be apropos if your funds are calculated pre-bonus, or trader sold gems don't factor into the financing at all, but this would be necessary to make these shops worthwhile at all.

>>I didn't even think that would be an option. I think selling to a speculator, vs an appraiser, should always give you the base value for the pouch; however, anyone could sell to them (assuming financing) which is why they would be used.

you're right, if it was setup to simply compensate from pre-bonus, it would be pretty easily exploitable. I've spent quite a bit of time trying :)
eg, pull from financed rossmans, sell to financed horseclan, reverse and repeat.

it would require a pretty massive review to lossen the mechanics from where they are.
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/16/2017 02:06 PM CDT
>>I've wanted to make a new financeable gem outpost in Vela'Tohr Valley for some time. Is it needed, though? Of the six live outposts, three are unfinanced and two are financed by the same person.

my opinions on the usage of current financeable shops

1. the one in darkling wood south of shard has never worked for me, tho it could be that noone ever sells gems there as its not identifiable as a gem shop from ranik's maps

2. the average trader probably has a hard time finding time to get out to m'riss and throne clan, due to the fact that there are no trade routes that go here. it requires quite a significant sacrifice to travel to these places or stay away from the mainland for so long to make this a logical business strategy unless you're on a hunting training regime, and you know how often that happens.

3. and i expect Ilaya Taipa is (from what i remember), outside the route itself, and since it's so close to crossing, probably not used by non traders that often for this reason.
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/16/2017 02:22 PM CDT
another point on the financeable gem shops that i picked up from non traders. --

The complaint i have from some, and the reason that some don't frequent them, is apparently if no-one is financing the shop, it will run out of money periodically and refuse to buy pouches.

I cannot confirm this, but if true, this discourages them from integrating them into their routines, as there will be times that they are simply refused service if no-one is managing the shop, or they have too large of a load of pouches and empty the coffers.
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/16/2017 04:22 PM CDT

If we can't change existing gem shops, what about adding a "finance" room to every trader outpost similar to how the registration rooms were added? Every trader outpost would then be a financable gem and bundle shop. Make it so that 1000 traders could enter the finance queue with a 500 plat or so cap. All shops will cycle through the financed funds, presumably never running out. They will not let traders sell to them, and the shop takes a 10% cut.

This gives you four benefits.

1. Traders make money.

2. Traders make money.

3. Everyone else happily loses money because they choose convenience over profit.

4. Traders make money.
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/18/2017 04:09 PM CDT

Looks like this is only true for furriers?

That wouldn't make sense that those who would have done the coding for this be only for the furrier shops and not the gem shops. Considering the fact that the gem shops are more widely used.

That being said, can it be updated to do so?

Thanks in advance,

Annandale
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/18/2017 04:29 PM CDT
>If we can't change existing gem shops, what about adding a "finance" room to every trader outpost similar to how the registration rooms were added? Every trader outpost would then be a financable gem and bundle shop. Make it so that 1000 traders could enter the finance queue with a 500 plat or so cap. All shops will cycle through the financed funds, presumably never running out. They will not let traders sell to them, and the shop takes a 10% cut.

only thing i would point out is that your suggested caps seem pretty much too high.

numbers like this shouldn't be so high as to entice a passive non-involved income stream for an "alt-trader", where in this type of circumstance: a trader logs in, takes care of trader business for their mains, then logs out for the week or month.
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/18/2017 08:34 PM CDT

So... I think this system is great and it's even better that we're seeing improvements; however, I think the system could be brought into the current day. What if, in addition to this, traders could hire NPC assistants. Maybe via contact. The assistant would have two uses.

General
- Assistants cost a set amount. Maybe 1 platinum a day until we see how well they do.
- They take it from their own pockets if outside or shop funds if inside.

Use #1: buying goods for the trader - Assistant is left in the shop - Starts at level 75, requires shop.

trader:
- "Ask assistant for <full description - exact match> at <price>" = Assistant will buy this item for a maximum of this price.
- "Ask assistant about clear" = clear the current list of goods to buy.

Non-trader:
- "Ask assistant to buy <item> for <price>". Confirm prompt shows up. Repeat command. If the price is <= the trader's price and there are enough coins in the shop then the transaction completes. If the assistant doesn't have the coins then they tell the non-trader (bad trader, assistant gives away the store if you can't fund it). If the assistant thinks the price is too high, they tell the non trader that they need to bring their price down a bit.

Both:
- "Ask assistant for list" gives you a numbered list of the things the trader is buying. Once an item is bought by the assistant, it disappears from the list. Size of the list is based on the trader's trading ability.

Use #2: Assistant buys skins and gems - Starts at level 100, requires shop. Closing the shops causes you to lose everything your assistant has on them if they're outside of it.
- Push assistant to send them out
- Whistle for assistant to bring them back
- Maybe have them wonder around the market rooms, have them sit outside your door, have them setup their own table, or just sit in a (new) receiving room right outside. Either way, they're limited to the same city as your shop.
- They will not buy from other traders.
- They buy for the base amount of the pouch, maybe with a +5% bonus to encourage usage over financed shops.
- They return when they run out of money.
- Partial pouches are returned if they have less platinum than the value of the pouch. Size of the returned pouch is proportional the coins they had on hand.
- They only buy tied pouches and bundles.

trader:
The trader could give the attendant a certain amount of platinum. A trader with 1750 trading and 100 charisma could give them 5,000 plat, and a 250 trader with 50 charisma could give them 500 plat, or something similar. Enough to do business, but not enough to break the bank.

> Whistle for attendant (while in the shop)
An attendant quickly darts into the room

> Ask attendant for pouches
(no pouches) The attendant shrugs and suggests a course in marketing at academy.
(1+ pouches) The attendant hands over a large, overstuffed sack.

> Give attendant 100000 coins
(not at max) You give...
(at max) The attendant counts the coins before returning xxxxxx to you.

non-trader:
Go to the place that has assistants. They will not give pouches back.
> Sell pouch (must be in the right hand)
[full sale] You raise your hand and taunt the crowd of busy traders with your <gem pouch/bundle>. Almost immediately, the throng of shouting and busy figures close in. You hear them arguing among each other with the occasional shove before one emerges from the crowd. With a nod, you hand over the <noun> and accept a handful of coins in return. Just as quickly as it arrived, the crowd disperses and moves on to their next sale.

[partial sale] You raise your hand and taunt the crowd of busy traders with your <gem pouch/bundle>. Almost immediately, the throng of shouting and busy figures close in. You hear them arguing among each other with the occasional shove before one emerges from the crowd. With a nod, you hand over the <noun> and accept a handful of coins in return. Before turning away, the trader pushes a lighter gem pouch into your hands, muttering something about lack of funds before slipping back into the crowd.

[The attendant returns to the shop to wait for the trader to return]. Attendants are on a first-come, first-serve basis. That insures all traders get a chance to buy the pouches.
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/19/2017 06:51 AM CDT
>Use #2: Assistant buys skins and gems

I'd use a trader to sell bundles if it was automated in this way. I would suggest you park your attendant at or near the exit of a hunting area. As a Ranger if I didn't have to go into town to sell bundles, I'd very much appreciate that.

~Hunter Hanryu
"Even adjusting the pace for Simu-Soon timescales, there is no way Mech Lore is still trainable in 2014 imo" - Apu(2013)
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/19/2017 08:19 AM CDT
>> I would suggest you park your attendant at or near the exit of a hunting area.

That's an interesting idea. The idea was to make it easy to find an assistant. There are dozens of assistants in the same room, so someone selling pouches could reasonably expect to find one there. They could incorporate it into their trianing routines, but.... I kind of love this suggestion. You could park an assistant somewhere outside of a hunting area and let hunters come to you. This could make those hard to reach hunting areas more viable for the player base, and the convenience would get you a little more coin, as traders should have.
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/19/2017 08:21 AM CDT

The more I think about it, people could still park the assistants in the furriers and gem trader's shops. That's still convenient. You could also turn off tied bundle selling for non-traders, forcing them to use assistants or traders without too much impact to their playstyle.
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/19/2017 12:45 PM CDT
> re: assistants automated buyers for traders
>Use #1: buying goods for the trader - Assistant is left in the shop - Starts at level 75, requires shop.
>Use #2: Assistant buys skins and gems - Starts at level 100, requires shop. Closing the shops causes you to lose everything your assistant has on them if they're outside of it.

while i love the idea here, i just personally think its completes the circle of making things completely impersonal and automated.

i'd still rather have interaction with customers,and have customers continue to carry the burden of not always getting the best price for their pouches unless they work at finding a competent trader, or vice versa.

still love the idea tho
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/19/2017 01:06 PM CDT

> while i love the idea here, i just personally think its completes the circle of making things completely impersonal and automated.

Honestly, I think we're more or less at that level now. Sit in the crossing gem shop for 10 minutes and watch the patterns of people run in, sell individual gems, and run out. This takes that and at least gives the trader a benefit.

> i'd still rather have interaction with customers,and have customers continue to carry the burden of not always getting the best price for their pouches unless they work at finding a competent trader, or vice versa.

That's still there. The assistants only give base value, and they can only hold so many coins before the trader has to restock them. It sells convenience for the benefit of the trader. If you wanted the 60% bonus then you'd have to work that out with a real trader, and you always run the risk of not being able to unload all of your pouches/bundles.

> still love the idea tho

Me too :)
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/19/2017 04:47 PM CDT
>>i just personally think its completes the circle of making things completely impersonal and automated.

Agreed. I don't want the Trader experience to become "park my automated assistant in X location".

- Navesi
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/20/2017 04:14 PM CDT

>>Looks like this is only true for furriers?

-Can this be changed for gem shops as well?

>>I've wanted to make a new financeable gem outpost in Vela'Tohr Valley for some time. Is it needed, though? Of the six live outposts, three are unfinanced and two are financed by the same person.

-With the reason being, only that same person can have the opportunity to finance the shop since he/she will be the only one who knows that it will be available. This is possibly true for the ones in the Ilithi region and hence no one else can fund it. If one shop can be funded by more than one trader, especially in the more crowded provinces, it will help alleviate a shop not having anymore financing and a fair shot to all other traders.

Just my two kronars,
Annandale
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/21/2017 03:01 AM CDT
Yep. I used to finanace Rossman's fairly regularly, but havne't been able to for the last four days, as there's another investor. Kinda stinks having citizenship for a province and the only tangible benefit is being able to get in the Keep and get all the anathema from the rifts.

Balkomar(and pals)
Re: Gem/Furrier Shop Financing 10/27/2017 03:57 PM CDT
>>Use #2: Assistant buys skins and gems

>I'd use a trader to sell bundles if it was automated in this way. I would suggest you park your attendant at or near the exit of a hunting area. As a Ranger if I didn't have to go into town to sell bundles, I'd very much appreciate that.

Depending on where you are hunting, my Trader would be glad to come to you to pick up furs and negotiate a price. In fact, not just to then haul them back into town and sell them at a furrier, but as a way to get access to more varied skins/pelts for outfitting.

Are there others who would want someone to come pick up skins? If so, I'll have my Trader start making that offer on gweth!