from table to workbench 05/29/2016 03:07 PM CDT

I tried to adjust my empty black oak table to a worktable in the backroom but I couldn't. I know I'm doing something wrong but I am getting a little dizzy sorting through ingame info and stuff Would someone please tell me just what is not working? adjust table?
Re: from table to workbench 05/29/2016 03:22 PM CDT
>I tried to adjust my empty black oak table to a worktable in the backroom but I couldn't.

I'm not a trader but until one chimes in:

I'm guessing you already tried HELP SURFACES?

Try moving the table to the sales floor and adjusting it. Also try INVENTORY SEARCH TABLE to make sure you don't have a table in your inventory messing with the parser.

If you figure it out, please post it here so we can make elanthipedia's player owned shop page more explicit? Thanks.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: from table to workbench 05/30/2016 05:46 AM CDT
Pardon me if I am misunderstanding this. If your goal is to exchange the empty black oak table to the worktable, PUSH the one on the sales floor and it will go to the back room. Then, go to the back room and PUSH the one you want on the sales floor.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: from table to workbench 05/30/2016 07:28 AM CDT
>I tried to adjust my empty black oak table to a worktable in the backroom but I couldn't. I know I'm doing something wrong but I am getting a little dizzy sorting through ingame info and stuff Would someone please tell me just what is not working? adjust table?

Did you 'adjust table' and did it change to another type of furniture? If so, keep doing 'adjust <whatever shape it just took>' until you get it to the worktable. It cycles thru table, worktable, desk, workbench, stand, cart and buffet (not necessarily in that order). You just have to keep adjusting whatever it turns into until you get it to what you want.
Re: from table to workbench 05/30/2016 10:35 AM CDT
I tried this myself before the auction yesterday using ADJUST CABINET and variations such as ADJUST BLACK CABINET with a black oak cabinet in my back room that was empty and got the message "You are unable to adjust the cabinet right now." (Not the exact message I'm away from the computer with the log on it.) I've had it work in the past, but couldn't get it to work this time. I tried all sorts of variations, but always either got the above message or a generic syntax error message.

Just to make sure, the surface you're trying to adjust was purchased from the Crossing shop and isn't a custom piece? It's not working for me even with a Crossing furniture shop item, but I thought it'd be nice to confirm that detail.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: from table to workbench 05/30/2016 02:58 PM CDT
Buying furniture at a furniture gallery will never charge you outright, and will always charge your shop instead. Additionally, any surfaces that you buy from the Crossing location will be able to have their noun changed if you use the ADJUST verb on them (while in the backroom, while they're empty). This allows even more customization to your shop - By reassembling your furniture in new and unique ways, you can make your shop look even more like you want it to.

Be aware that the ability mentioned in the previous paragraph does NOT necessarily extend to all surfaces - it is specifically designed for basic furniture, so you can achieve a wide variety with a limited selection.
>

You tap a black oak table.
>adjust table
You cannot adjust a black oak table right now.

This is what I have. And I am in the backroom and the table is empty. I am almost positive I have changed another surface or two in my shop. All the pieces come out of Crossing. Did this feature get turned off?

And while I am thinking on it...When do we get to do alterations on our shop pieces like walls and surfaces?