Shop Times 01/21/2016 09:31 AM CST
One of the ways to improve playability during this period of reduced player base would be to extend the hours of the order shops. Folks who play at odd hours (mornings for example) are at a distinct disadvantage.

Just a thought.
Re: Shop Times 01/21/2016 02:31 PM CST
Would love if shops were 24/7
Re: Shop Times 01/21/2016 03:12 PM CST

why not hire extra help for the shops..... basically you get say 8 hr shop for x 16 hr shop <second person working slightly more expenses> for 2.5x and all out 24 hr shop for 4x <third employee plus expenses>
Re: Shop Times 01/21/2016 03:13 PM CST
>>Shawn255: Would love if shops were 24/7

It would certainly make the task of updating the Trader shop spreadsheet a lot easier. (Currently, if I want to catch all of the shops, I have to run the script in all three cities several times a day. Then I have to delete all but the latest version of each shop.)

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Shop Times 01/21/2016 03:39 PM CST

I don't think a change should cost the Traders--right now, they are doing the right thing--they are paying to be open during the time they are most likely to see a sale. When I was in the Market Plaza entry trying find an open shop, no one came by--I was the only potential customer for some time. I'm not sure that makes sense for the trader.

The change I was looking for was to change the formula so that when a trader pairs for a shop, it is open until they stop meeting their rent obligation.

They may realize a few more sales, and those of us who play during the less populated hours are well served.

Easy Peasy.
Re: Shop Times 01/22/2016 07:41 PM CST
I agree it would be nice if there were some more options for opening longer, though I also like that it is a circle perk. Maybe you can have the shop open for your circle-determined hours plus up to 3-5 more that you can buy with plats?

- Navesi
Re: Shop Times 01/22/2016 07:53 PM CST
I wish they'd push people being more active in their shops and receiving more perks for being so.

On a whim...: http://www.lostonawhim.com/

The Zoluren army asks, "We're um.... really sorry about the clubhouse and all... so uh... are we cool?"

Train? Why? I'll get there eventually...
Re: Shop Times 01/22/2016 09:47 PM CST
The problem with being more active in your shop.. is that you then cant hang out with other traders... who would want the same benefits of being in their own shops.. and you then are away from all the other systems in the game.

Aside from quality of life tweaks like store hours and additional types of mechanics to sell things.. i think stores work well for what they are intended to be.
Re: Shop Times 01/22/2016 10:03 PM CST
If I had a shop with a forge in it I might not ever leave. Except to get materials.