Traders no longer playing or banned 03/09/2015 03:22 PM CDT
Is there a mechanic in game that clears shops when a trader is no longer playing or has been banned from the game? Seems unfair to have a banned players shop still open generating revenue and not close down.
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 03/09/2015 03:37 PM CDT
>Is there a mechanic in game that clears shops when a trader is no longer playing or has been banned from the game? Seems unfair to have a banned players shop still open generating revenue and not close down.

Whenever the shop's accounts have been fully tapped out, they will start gaining debt instead. When that debt has not been paid for X amount of time then that shop will be closed/evicted. I kinda prefer this method because the only other alternative I can think of is a GM closing the shop themselves, which does seem like a waste of valuable work hours to me.

It can take a rather long time for eviction to take place since you can really put a whole lot of coin into your shop's account, but if that player is really not playing for whatever reason then you can trust it will happen sooner or later.

>whisper card geva
Geva is unlikely to appreciate your gift.
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 03/09/2015 05:59 PM CDT

It would make the system a lot more friendly to active players if when an account went inactive for more than 90 days the shop closes.

Have it deposit their funds into their local bank and crate their items. Then someone else can actually utilize the shop.
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 03/09/2015 06:15 PM CDT
>an account went inactive for more than 90 days the shop closes.

Depending on how much money is in the shop's account, this could totally happen already without any prodding or coding. 90 days is roughly four pay periods in the game, which could be plenty of time to rack up enough expenses to throw you into eviction.

I'm all for cleaning up the house and getting shop locations to people who will actually use them, but I also see average joe who has some life altering event happen and is unable to log in for awhile getting miffed that he comes back on day 92 to find that his shop is gone. I see it in the same light as private ships, if the money is there, then they deserve to stay until such time as it's no longer reasonable to keep around.

>whisper card geva
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 03/09/2015 06:50 PM CDT
I see ships as property. A shop is a lease. You are renting it. And if you cant log in once in 3 months.. you shouldnt be surprised that your shop is gone. And if you are active again you can always reopen. You just might miss out on a good spot. But that is how it should be.
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 03/09/2015 07:20 PM CDT
>A shop is a lease. You are renting it.

That being said, as long as the rent is being paid then there is no reason to cancel the lease right? I can understand a desire for locked out characters to have their shops closed down, however, I think just normal rent and eviction mechanics can handle that fine. As far as making some sort of login timer, I'm not really supportive of this. Again, things can happen in real life which can seriously limit how often you can play this game and I would hate to punish people for something like that by clearing out their shop and giving the space to someone else.

>whisper card geva
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 03/09/2015 11:15 PM CDT

Yes, I understand life happens and sometimes people cant get in to play because life takes over. But the main issue is characters that are banned still having a shop. I mean if the GMs ban the person from playing DR then their shop should be closed down as a part of that. Would be nice to see those shops closed down so that active traders can use them.
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 03/10/2015 12:06 AM CDT
I completely agree that if someone is banned that it should be part of the penalty.

And that is fine, RL happens. When it is over, they can come back and get another shop. Might not be the same location but it isn't like they will lose their items or money. If the fees were even slightly comparable to RL fees for leasing a storefront I might agree that the fees would be enough.. but lets be realistic. They aren't that bad in DR. And 1k plats (which is pretty small change for most shop owners) will cover the rent of most shops for a long time.
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 03/17/2015 11:12 PM CDT
>And 1k plats (which is pretty small change for most shop owners) will cover the rent of most shops for a long time.

In Crossing, 5 surfaces will last 400 days (48.75 plat/20 days).

I've pointed out to a GM or two that the "monthly" shop billing is broken from what it was originally designed to be and says it is. It's a constant 48.75 plat (Crossing 5 surfaces) regardless of anything that happens, whether it be "attendant consignment fees" or "shop maintenance bills" that should be added on. Possibly the supposed "rent increase on not making 'monthly' sales quota" is also not working.

Naniaki Felyran,
Owner of one of the longest running shops in existence

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 04/07/2015 04:03 PM CDT
It would be really great if this was looked at. I just checked on another pay period where no shops came available despite being pretty sure some of the store owners aren't even subscribed anymore. It would be nice to at least get confirmation that the increased rent is a real thing because when I didn't make the monthly amounts I didn't notice an increase when I had a shop.

The sad reality is the other pavilions just aren't Crossing. I've opened shops up in the other ones and stood around and not had anyone visit for days where you open a crossing shop and someone wanders in every hour or so at least.
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 04/07/2015 04:03 PM CDT
It would be really great if this was looked at. I just checked on another pay period where no shops came available despite being pretty sure some of the store owners aren't even subscribed anymore. It would be nice to at least get confirmation that the increased rent is a real thing because when I didn't make the monthly amounts I didn't notice an increase when I had a shop.

The sad reality is the other pavilions just aren't Crossing. I've opened shops up in the other ones and stood around and not had anyone visit for days where you open a crossing shop and someone wanders in every hour or so at least.
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 04/07/2015 04:40 PM CDT
I walked into the plaza the other day and got a room right off the main entrance. I assumed there were multiple openings but I guess not?

They do come available though.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 04/07/2015 06:42 PM CDT
>I walked into the plaza the other day and got a room right off the main entrance. I assumed there were multiple openings but I guess not?

>They do come available though.

I've seen a few come available but they have always been premium rooms and taken very quickly.

Mmmmm...pie

Don't forget to vote:

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 04/07/2015 09:02 PM CDT
>>I've seen a few come available but they have always been premium rooms and taken very quickly.

I didn't realize there were premium rooms! My trader is not. I must have gotten very lucky :3

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 04/07/2015 10:27 PM CDT
Premium as in close to the entrance and easily found outside the guard/guide mechanics.

Vote:
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 04/07/2015 10:30 PM CDT
>I must have gotten very lucky

You have no idea! Buy a lottery ticket

Mmmmm...pie

Don't forget to vote:

Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 04/07/2015 10:33 PM CDT
>Premium as in close to the entrance and easily found outside the guard/guide mechanics.

Nope, literally a premium subscriber room. I tried to rent the room (this happened at least three times over the course of a few months) and the clerk said it was reserved for a premium member. I gave up and just opened a shop in another city instead of checking multiple times a day for months (because I was told shops can be evicted at random times throughout the month and it depended upon when the trader first rented the shop or whatnot - it's not just a one day everything comes due for everyone and they're evicted. But I may have been given bad information)

Mmmmm...pie

Don't forget to vote:

Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 04/08/2015 05:46 AM CDT
I think it's difficult to define no longer playing, but banned is pretty straight forward. I suppose if you are inactive in your subscription for 6 months, that could be considered long enough to have your shop contents put in a crate for you to reclaim later when you get back. I actually am all for yanking someone's shop out from under him/her if he/she is currently LO'd. It makes pretty clear sense.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 04/08/2015 06:42 AM CDT
I would think if you are no longer paying your subscription.. you should be flagged as inactive after 3 months max.. and you lose the shop. Money can be deposited into your bank, items can be crated, and if you return.. you can find a new shop to rent. That would be fair for the traders actively playing the game.
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 04/08/2015 08:11 AM CDT

> I would think if you are no longer paying your subscription.. you should be flagged as inactive after 3 months max.. and you lose the shop. Money can be deposited into your bank, items can be crated, and if you return.. you can find a new shop to rent. That would be fair for the traders actively playing the game.

I'm honestly surprised this doesn't happen automatically as soon as you let your account lapse.
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 04/08/2015 08:15 AM CDT
Do premium shops show up as available when looking at the board (for premium accounts)? The last two pay periods I've literally been at the board when the change happened and never saw the board say any were open.
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 04/08/2015 05:42 PM CDT
Life happens sometimes. Being a couple days or even weeks or months late shouldn't completely shut down your shop.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Traders no longer playing or banned 04/08/2015 05:53 PM CDT
>Do premium shops show up as available when looking at the board (for premium accounts)?

Yep, sure do. They just appear as a shop open but when you ask to rent it, you'll be told that it's reserved for premium subscribers only.

>The last two pay periods I've literally been at the board when the change happened and never saw the board say any were open.

I may be incorrect, but from what I've heard and seen there is no set specific day where everyone is evicted each cycle. And not everyone is on the exact same cycle. I don't know for sure, but it's what I have been led to believe based on my research and how it was explained to me when I was hawking the crossing plaza for a shop.

Mmmmm...pie

Don't forget to vote: