QoL request - Allow us to undeed in our shops, pleeeease 12/22/2014 05:09 PM CST

Its kind of frustrating to have to leave the shop and go to a society and undeed things, I would think as a place of business, we should be able to at least go into our back rooms and unbox inventory from the cardboard boxes? (Using a real world analogy) At the very least, offering it as a service where we get charged to send a shlub/hireling off to go and do it would be fantastic.

Thanks!
Re: QoL request - Allow us to undeed in our shops, pleeeease 12/23/2014 06:18 PM CST

That would be great. Same topic, why does a deed take up more space on my table (2 spots) than the ingot itself (1 spot)?
Re: QoL request - Allow us to undeed in our shops, pleeeease 12/23/2014 06:36 PM CST
I am not sure about the mechanics behind it, but the way I understand it... it counts as two items: 1 for the deed itself and one for the metal deeded. It'd be similar to the concept of selling a bag with 3 weapons in it on your table and it taking up 4 slots.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: QoL request - Allow us to undeed in our shops, pleeeease 12/23/2014 07:57 PM CST
Okay, NOT A GM, but this is how I think it works, based on how I've seen it break:

A deed is basically a container that tells the game "I weigh 1 stone regardless of what's in me." Because a deed knows that only crafting items go into it, you could attach a scripts that can go an find all the properties of the crafting material inside. Because it's a container, it doesn't have to have storage fields for all of the possible pieces of data it might need, it just goes and checks the item inside itself.

Thus like Squanto said, it's one for the item, one for the container.

Weapons for Sale:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/User:CARAAMON#Wares
Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Re: QoL request - Allow us to undeed in our shops, pleeeease 12/23/2014 10:49 PM CST

I suppose the mechanics behind it makes sense, but the logic sure doesn't. How could a deed weighing one stone take up more space than an ingot weighing hundreds... At least that bag with three weapons had the three weapons in the bag sitting on the table...
Re: QoL request - Allow us to undeed in our shops, pleeeease 12/24/2014 06:07 AM CST
Oh I don't disagree with you and I pretty much hate it. If it weren't for deed registers, more of me would be dying inside. I do agree that it's annoying on your table, too. It would be nice if tables could be rewritten like body slots. Example, I have 1 back slot, but I can wear a backpack full of items on it.

"Brace yourselves, Squanto is going to bleh blah fart fart bleh.." -the player of the character formerly known as Pureblade
Re: QoL request - Allow us to undeed in our shops, pleeeease 12/24/2014 03:00 PM CST

Better yet, a dispenser type table, so you could make 20 or 30 of the same crafted item, and just have them punched out like a pez dispenser as people buy them. It might actually be worthwhile to sell alchemy products as a trader that way.
Re: QoL request - Allow us to undeed in our shops, pleeeease 12/24/2014 03:01 PM CST

You know it just occurred to me... merchant tables already have a mechanic to allow limited quantity items. Why can't we piggy back off that mechanic with an ability to "stock" the table?