Furniture - Accepting Requests 10/13/2013 09:15 AM CDT
Hello!

Given that the year's biggest fest is coming up, do you guys have any particular requests for materials or types of furniture for shops or caravans? This doesn't include new mechanics, just designs for sales surfaces, counters, entrances, etc.

I've gathered older ideas, but tastes change over time. With raffles, auctions and shops in the works, it seems like a good time to make sure you guys can find things you like. Eh?

I can't promise that all (or even any) of the posted ideas will be used, but I did want to give you guys a hand in designing the things you want for those interested in such opportunities.

SGM Zadraes
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate
Re: Furniture - Accepting Requests 10/13/2013 12:39 PM CDT
It might be cool if a Trader could get a loom or crucible in their caravan. Latter might be too thematically bonkers (light the whole damn thing on fire), but the former seems reasonable!

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Furniture - Accepting Requests 10/13/2013 02:20 PM CDT
I'd like to see some furnishings for caravans and shops made of rare materials that you can only buy from Hollow Eve Festival.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Furniture - Accepting Requests 10/14/2013 09:44 AM CDT
I'd like to see new stuff all around. But definitely some new flooring and walls in the shops. Please hurry and create that idea of putting signs and things on the counters for advertising! Also, make that shop table for my caravan so I can go selling elsewhere! :)

On a whim...: http://www.lostonawhim.com/

The Zoluren army asks, "We're um.... really sorry about the clubhouse and all... so uh... are we cool?"

Train? Why? I'll get there eventually...
Re: Furniture - Accepting Requests 10/15/2013 12:55 PM CDT

I'd like to see the waterwheel return,

For new surfaces:

Rare metal/wood surfaces.... I'd love for instance to have an animite armor stand to hold the armor I have for sale.

--

In memory of Lisa/Martee. Passed 6/17/2013. A friend. A sister.
Re: Furniture - Accepting Requests 10/15/2013 01:33 PM CDT
I would like to see some more decoration type stuff. More walls, floors, counters and doors would really help make the shops a more unique experience as you traveled from one to the next.

Some surface ideas I had were:
- some tiered (wood) shelves
- a massive (wood) wardrobe
- a (wood) trunk inlaid with gems
- a battered trunk carved from (wood)
- a deep (wood) barrel
- a rough (wood) shipping crate
- a large (fabric) mannequin
- a knotted (fabric) cargo net
- a heavy (fabric) tarp

Salute a drowned sailor? You ought to brush up on your protocol, Kasto.
Re: Furniture - Accepting Requests 10/15/2013 11:27 PM CDT
Some good ideas! We'll see what we can make happen.

I will point out that we, in general, are hesitant to release furniture-sized pieces of rare materials. They tend to show up during alteration sessions, particularly since homes and caravans can let you turn them into deeds for transfer/sale. For most alterers, it's weird when folks show up offering a kertig bed so that they can have a button on their coat. That's not to say that it can't/won't happen, but it is something we take into consideration.

SGM Zadraes
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate