Rotating Surfaces, Overstock Racks, and a Bell 05/03/2013 04:56 PM CDT
I am uncertain if this has been proposed before, but here goes. Is there any chance we can have a shop mechanic set up that allows for the rotation of surfaces? I find that the extra 3 surfaces in my back room tend to kinda just hang out and either get forgotten or are treated like overstock. I would love to see something put in action that allows for rotating merchandise (random) or perhaps something we can control, such as SHOP ROTATE OAK RACK WITH STEEL TABLE. It could even be utilized at a fee per shop cycle and has an attendant move one sales floor surface to the back that gets replaced with one surface from the back.

On another note, would it be possible to enhance the back room a bit with overstock racks that have the purpose of holding extra stock? Similar to surfaces for sales, you could gain overstock racks with promotions in the guild. 50th circle rewards the first rack, 100th the second, and 150th the third. Maybe each rack can hold 10-20 items.

My last idea, and maybe this can tie in lunar cycles, is to have a bell on the counter that can alert the trader that a potential client is in the shop who would like to discuss potential business, so long as one of the moons is up. The messaging would identify the client. If not utilizing lunar tie-ins, perhaps it could function similarly as the delivery systems. Sure, we can gweth or use crystal rings, but this could be a really nice RP tool. To avoid spamming abuse or whatnot, a cooldown timer of say 1 hour could be put in place before the same person could use the bell again. I'd love to see something like this be a circle-based perk.