Pucktin 02/07/2006 11:56 AM CST
I don't see how it is fair/justifiable to take away all ability to train Trading. I can understand taking away Auction/Contracts/Market Tables. But the fact that I can't buy/sell anything from the gem shops now is obsurd. The fact that I can't get a title to RP this is just wrong. I get all my abilities taken away and I'm just suppose to smile about it. How are you suppose to be Role Play a trader with a trader title when he can't trade? That's my question, and I'm looking forward to a response from the GMs. k Thanks :)
Re: Pucktin 02/07/2006 12:22 PM CST
<< I don't see how it is fair/justifiable to take away all ability to train Trading. I can understand taking away Auction/Contracts/Market Tables. But the fact that I can't buy/sell anything from the gem shops now is obsurd. The fact that I can't get a title to RP this is just wrong. I get all my abilities taken away and I'm just suppose to smile about it. How are you suppose to be Role Play a trader with a trader title when he can't trade? That's my question, and I'm looking forward to a response from the GMs. k Thanks :) >>

Here's your response...
We aren't required to give titles just because you construct an RP scenario, nor is a title required to 'RP'. If we really wanted to do this the way it should be done in Elanthia, you'd have been ejected from the guild and likely be looking to join another guild if you hadn't already been locked in a dungeon somewhere or executed.

How you RP a trader with a trader title is up to you but there is one method of trading that is still open to you, though you have been greatly restricted. Again, the choice to not apologize and take responsibility for your actions was YOUR choice, doing what was asked wouldn't have put you in this situation. Even when you dislike someone, be it a prince or just co-worker, you sometimes have to smile and get along, even if you truly dislike them. You aren't being intentionally singled out, you simply put us in a position that we have to respond as appropriately to it as the rules currently allow. Earlier, you posted "I think they (GM's) should have done something more signifigant" and now you're complaining. I"m not sure what you expect but this was a situation you started, and I might add, have the ability to end.

Best Regards,
~GM Arnimas

"Wealth is not his that has it, but his who enjoys it."
-Benjamin Franklin
Re: Pucktin 02/07/2006 01:05 PM CST
Also...I take full responsibilty for my actions, and I agreed to apologize to everyone excluding Vorclaf. About the title...He made a threat on the Prince's life, and he's a citizen of Zoluren. That would make him a traitor, if I'm not mistaken. I've gotten that title on characters with far less effort.
Re: Pucktin 02/07/2006 07:03 PM CST
you can still RP it.

use a criminal title.

and you can learn trading via sale of bundles, sale of stolen things <thru shoplift system>, and fishing.

and on the bright side, unlike a certain other guild, the trader guild isn't sending out assassins on you like a certain other guild does when you get on the wrong side of 'em.

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Pucktin 02/08/2006 05:54 AM CST
>and on the bright side, unlike a certain other guild, the trader guild isn't sending out assassins on you like a certain other guild does when you get on the wrong side of 'em.

Yet. :/

"Come fairies, take me out of this dull world,
For I would ride with you upon the wind and dance
Upon the mountains like a flame." -- W.B. Yeats