Appraise careful for magical skills 01/18/2018 01:50 AM CST
What skill determines what you can appraise difficulty with "appraise careful"?

I just noticed that I do not see TM or debilitation when appraising crocs and ogres. My appraisal is normal for a Trader, so a few hundred ranks over crocs. Is this based on Primary Magic, or was appraise careful not updated for Trader Magic?

Thank you,

Mithgrek, player of.
Re: Appraise careful for magical skills 01/18/2018 11:30 AM CST
Sounds like appraise careful wasn't updated for Traders and debilitation/tm. Iirc it only takes 100ish appraisal to get accurate skill training info from appraise careful.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: Appraise careful for magical skills 01/18/2018 09:12 PM CST
That sounds about right, Skaen. I'll look into it the next time I take my trader hunting. Right now, I'm backtraining box skills for her.

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Appraise careful for magical skills 02/03/2018 09:30 PM CST

Updated issues list with Trader's former NMU status:

1) Appraise careful still does not appraise targeted magic or debilitation.
2) Traders cannot learn 'prepare' from Stablemasters to prepare spells on horseback. I tried in both Therenborough and Royal Mews. At the Mews, the stablemaster gives me the NMU response of "Why would you want to know about that?"
3) Traders cannot learn to target spells while mounted from an appropriately trained warrior mage. This could be NMU status in instruct, or collateral from not knowing prepare.

Mithgrek, player of.