Fabrication crystals 12/12/2017 06:59 AM CST
>The fabrication of Trabe crystals

Type? Trabe not trade?

>now restored by Arbiter in Darkness

I think that's a title? So it should be 'the' Arbiter?

Otherwise, as a not-trader-player, I'm super psyched about this release. The spells look really cool, and just like Necromancers, I love seeing what our development teams can do when allowed near unilateral freedom of design for an entire concept.
Re: Fabrication crystals 12/12/2017 09:01 AM CST
>>Type? Trabe not trade?

The Trabe were a tribe of the Arid Steppe that was wiped out. They were known to be masters of fabricating and shaping a type of magical crystal which they built their shockingly big home out of. The P5 MM guildhall is on the Trabe Plateu, set up in the ruins of the tribe's home

>>I think that's a title? So it should be 'the' Arbiter?

Arbiter in Darkness is its full name. The great concepts of the Plane of Probability roll with names like that.

Arbiter in Darkness
Pelag ai Aldam (Servant of Fate)
Emperor of the Line
Abyssal Child

We sometimes use them like a title, sometimes like a name. Except for Pelag they appear sufficiently inhuman that gender is out the window.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Fabrication crystals 12/12/2017 11:47 AM CST
> We sometimes use them like a title, sometimes like a name. Except for Pelag they appear sufficiently inhuman that gender is out the window.

Everyone forgets Cashek gand Aldam.
Re: Fabrication crystals 12/12/2017 12:10 PM CST
>>Everyone forgets Cashek gand Aldam.

I don't think anyone's actually seen Cashek yet. I might be misremembering though. Though, yes, that's a "her" (as far as as Pelag is a "him").

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Fabrication crystals 12/12/2017 12:20 PM CST
> I don't think anyone's actually seen Cashek yet.

There's rare messaging in the ways that suggests her presence (I've gotten it twice out of 5000+ trips), but I think that's it.
Re: Fabrication crystals 12/12/2017 12:25 PM CST
Oh, right, I specify a feminine voice in that message. Good catch, I'd forgotten!

-Armifer
Re: Fabrication crystals 12/12/2017 06:40 PM CST
I like everything I read in the post, gonna save my speculation for later though. Just wanted to say that...

>overlords of Throne City's carcass

I don't think I've heard it or read it described better than that right there.

Keishalae raises her hand level with her eye and stares at Malakye through her fingers while she makes a quick pinching motion. Malakye's head explodes like a grape!
Re: Fabrication crystals 12/14/2017 06:26 AM CST
>>Also, this gadget, I assume it'll stick with us as we move rooms? If not, can we at least attach it to our caravan?

You leave it somewhere under the sky, go about your business, then come back for the collected energy. Attaching to a caravan might be plausible; I'll look into it after release.

>>I don't think I've heard it or read it described better than that right there.

Teehee.

GM Grejuva
Re: Fabrication crystals 12/14/2017 08:17 PM CST
>>You leave it somewhere under the sky, go about your business, then come back for the collected energy.

Do they look like solar panels?

Real question, do you consume the energy immediately on collection, or do you get a charged item that can be consumed when needed?

ā€œIā€™m sorry that your mystical, godlike powers do not instantly work as you would like them to.ā€
Re: Fabrication crystals 12/14/2017 08:26 PM CST
>>Do they look like solar panels?

Noooope.

>>Real question, do you consume the energy immediately on collection, or do you get a charged item that can be consumed when needed?

Immediately. Though if you're near your limit when you collect it, the spell is smart enough to only give you what you need to top off and save the rest for a later collection attempt.

-Armifer
Re: Fabrication crystals 12/14/2017 09:08 PM CST

> Immediately. Though if you're near your limit when you collect it, the spell is smart enough to only give you what you need to top off and save the rest for a later collection attempt.

Will others be able to destroy it or interact with it?

Can I put up multiples all over the game?