Re: Trader SPECULATE Updates 10/10/2017 07:59 AM CDT

So pumped. These are more or less good changes across the board. I'm very stoked about the stealth buff, shield buff, and the speculate coin buff.

Questions:

- Is this live right now, or will it come with trader magic?
- How long can we keep these speculates active? Is it one a a time, all that we know, based on timers, or does it feed from a hidden mojo?
- If Mojo, can we sense the level at all and how do we feed it?
- Will upper level traders have the ability to keep these up indefinitely?
- Will the charisma buff be taken out of the speculates when the trader spells go live, or will we just have two options with the highest winning?
Re: Trader SPECULATE Updates 10/10/2017 09:00 AM CDT
>> Is this live right now, or will it come with trader magic?

Live in Prime and Plat, with TF to follow in a few days.

>> How long can we keep these speculates active? Is it one a a time, all that we know, based on timers, or does it feed from a hidden mojo?

10-40 minutes, with varying difficulty for each ability. The existing cooldowns haven't changed, and Luck's cooldown is half the duration.

>> If Mojo, can we sense the level at all and how do we feed it?

The costs are concentration and haven't changed. They work a bit oddly, but I'd rather not come up with a whole new costing scheme that will eventually be retired.

>> Will upper level traders have the ability to keep these up indefinitely?

No.

>> Will the charisma buff be taken out of the speculates when the trader spells go live, or will we just have two options with the highest winning?

The plan is to replace Finesse, Paranoia, and Defense with spells. Coin is tentatively slated to stay. Luck... no comment.

GM Grejuva
Re: Trader SPECULATE Updates 10/10/2017 09:25 AM CDT

> 10-40 minutes, with varying difficulty for each ability. The existing cooldowns haven't changed, and Luck's cooldown is half the duration.

Interesting. Any chance that we can train these down with enough skill?

> The plan is to replace Finesse, Paranoia, and Defense with spells. Coin is tentatively slated to stay. Luck... no comment.

That makes sense, and I don't think anyone is surprised to hear it. I'm just glad they aren't being removed entirely until the spells are ready.

However, if the GMs are willing to try a slightly different tact, I think "spell-like" abilities are an intriguing idea for the more physical guilds. It feels like a nice way to balane out the tool-kit relative to the pure magic and pure ability guilds. Half khri like. Instant start with limitations on how many you can have up at once, or in the trader's case just dumps concentration whenever you use a buff and limited buff options. I mean, sure, magic primes have abilities like summoning and devotion and predictions which are powerful in their own right, but they have penalties and more complex resources to manage.

> 10-40 minutes, with varying difficulty for each ability. The existing cooldowns haven't changed, and Luck's cooldown is half the duration.

Aesome. So the cool-downs are still distinct. So you said the potency was trading. Will the duration be based off trading too or charisma or circle or some combination or PAFO?
Re: Trader SPECULATE Updates 10/10/2017 11:14 AM CDT
Does light thrown skill affect success of SPECULTE COIN?

I foresee online gaming changing when there are good audio-visual links connecting the participants, thus approximating play in a face-to-face group. Gary Gygax
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/search_results.html?q=Gamin
Re: Trader SPECULATE Updates 10/10/2017 12:12 PM CDT
>>Any chance that we can train these down with enough skill?

Nope. Luck follows the cooldown scheme Armifer divulged before, while the others are static (Defense 5 minutes, Finesse and Paranoia 10).

>>I think "spell-like" abilities are an intriguing idea for the more physical guilds. It feels like a nice way to balane out the tool-kit relative to the pure magic and pure ability guilds.

This is one reason I proposed to keep Coin alongside magic. It might make it somewhat hard for Debilitation spells to compete, but it's such an iconic Trader ability.

>>So you said the potency was trading. Will the duration be based off trading too or charisma or circle or some combination or PAFO?

Trading.

>>Does light thrown skill affect success of SPECULTE COIN?

Not anymore!

GM Grejuva
Re: Trader SPECULATE Updates 10/10/2017 01:45 PM CDT

Thanks for the info. I appreciate the numbers.
Re: Trader SPECULATE Updates 10/10/2017 01:48 PM CDT

Armifer, very excited about this, it's the whole reason I made a Trader. Can you speak anymore as to if this system will using the existing 10 magic skills (including Lunar magic) and if so will we be grandfathered skills commensurate with our circles when it is implemented? Trust the kids are well dad.

~Barder
Re: Trader SPECULATE Updates 10/10/2017 08:30 PM CDT

While we're asking for presents, is there any way you could let the speculates teach a small amount of trading? I'm not asking for a ton, just roughly equivalent to spell casting, manipulate, or the bardic abilities.
Re: Trader SPECULATE Updates 10/10/2017 08:56 PM CDT

Kudos for these updates. The defensive buff especially lets me last a hunt without the need to run to the empaths/auto-healers.

Although I had been training Light edge on par with my main weapons, I really like SPEC COIN as it stands now.

No problems with the duration of these my trader is probably a good bit further along than most.

Really looking forward to the rest of the changes, as well

Rhas!