**Hidden Posts** 02/03/2006 04:06 PM CST
Some posts were hidden. For questions or comments, please email me at Mod-Arhia@play.net, Senior Board Monitor Annwyl (DR-Annwyl@play.net) or Board Supervisor Cecco (DR-Cecco@play.net). Thanks! --Arhia

"The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." --Mark Twain
Arbiter's Stylus typo 01/06/2018 12:14 PM CST

Lights flash in rapid succession from thin air, laving a baby forest gryphon's back with white razors.
laving not leaving

~Barder
Arbiter's Stylus typo 01/06/2018 12:21 PM CST

Lights flash in rapid succession from thin air, laving a baby forest gryphon's back with white razors.
laving not leaving

~Barder
Re: Arbiter's Stylus typo 01/06/2018 12:32 PM CST
>http://www.dictionary.com/browse/laving

I don't think 'leaving a back with razors' makes sense, but 'washing a back with razors' does. Probably not a typo?
Re: Arbiter's Stylus typo 01/06/2018 12:39 PM CST
To lave is to wash or brush against as if wash warer tho that's a pretty poetic use there.

"Warrior Mages don't bother covering up their disasters.
They're proud of them." -Raesh, on history
Arbiter's Stylus 01/14/2018 11:56 AM CST
Is this spell supposed to end after your target is dead, much like the old Soul Attrition or is that not working as intended?

If it's working as intended what are the odds we can get it to the new SA mechanics, even if it pulls more aura when it moves to a new target?
Re: Arbiter's Stylus 01/14/2018 12:39 PM CST
Intended. ARS is overall less persistent than SA; in return, it pulses three times as fast and bypasses the cyclic recast timer.

GM Grejuva
Re: Arbiter's Stylus 01/14/2018 02:31 PM CST
<Intended. ARS is overall less persistent than SA; in return, it pulses three times as fast and bypasses the cyclic recast timer.

I see the payoff but it just knocks it down to a spell i'd never use for PVE only PVP sadly, it's a bit disappointing. I get trader magic is a "niche" thing but having a cyclic tm that needs to be recast after every kill kind of negates the whole point of it being a cyclic; it's why i (and quite a few other clerics I've talked to) never bothered with SA outside of PVP. If we're up for some debate here I'd be much happier having it as a regular cyclic, even at the cost of pulling starlight/aura when it moves to a new target.
Re: Arbiter's Stylus 01/16/2018 02:55 PM CST
>>If we're up for some debate here I'd be much happier having it as a regular cyclic, even at the cost of pulling starlight/aura when it moves to a new target.

I don't have the skill yet to try ARS but if it's the case that it stops after every kill, that would certainly be annoying and I too would prefer it act like a typical cyclic.

- Navesi
Re: Arbiter's Stylus 01/18/2018 01:13 AM CST

I don't understand the dislike for it. I'm enjoying it. I'm enjoying the thematics and mechanics of the Trader magic suite. Some of this enjoyment comes from trying something "different" and not dismissing it because it's a little different.

Perks of this spell, mechanically:

1) It trains TM, but doesn't need a targeting matrix. This lets me a) open with it, and b) in an area where I move with 'hunt', I can prep it, hunt for a creature, hunt to that creature, cast, and continue with rest of the routine.

2) When used as an opener, it continues to damage and train TM without consuming any more of my time. Mana, yes, but no round-time or other actions needed.

Mithgrek, player of.