Regalia and armor techs needed 09/08/2018 02:57 PM CDT
I picked up Regalia and Bespoke Regalia, more to be able to train other armor types and also not have to worry about repair costs (since they'll eventually fizzle out). Wiki says that with the techniques, you can improve them. Just checking to see that it's just the chain/brig/plate techs I'd want to improve and not the lightening/reinforcing (really don't to spend what limited slots I have just to PAFO). Not really clear if you only need cloth or leather to improve light armor (Regalia calls light armor "carapace"). I'm also not an armor crafter so really don't want to spend the techs if it's not really worth it.

Any tips/suggestion be welcome.

Balkinar (and pals)
Re: Regalia and armor techs needed 09/08/2018 03:56 PM CDT
For all magical creation spells, it's the tech to create the item, techs that improve crafted gear don't apply. Regalia uses bone armor crafting techniques for light armor.

The bonus is +1 tier, with another +1 tier (which can be cumulative) for using Enrichment. 3rd tier without any of these improvements and 5th tier with both.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Regalia and armor techs needed 09/09/2018 02:54 AM CDT
Thank ya boss!

Balkinar (and pals)
Re: Regalia and armor techs needed 01/14/2019 05:40 PM CST
Is it just me, or does Regalia (and by associate Enrichment) sort of suck? I don't understand how a spell requiring 2 spell slots for Regalia, another spell slot for Bespoke Regalia, another 4 slots for Enrichment for a grand total of 7 spell slots, on a guild that is magic tertiary so it takes much much more leveling to get spells... in addition to requiring you using techniques in bone crafting... would create an armor that is not even as good as the stuff you a "middling" player could get better at the Trader shops (imperial hauberk).

Seems insane to me.

I mean... a barbarian (also magic tertiary) has a much better spell Contemplation, for only 1 spell slot... and it actually improves your ability in armor so you can take an awesome armor from a shop, and make yourself even better with it for 1/7th the cost...

just sayin....
Re: Regalia and armor techs needed 01/15/2019 08:11 PM CST
Which hauberk? Imperial hauberks? Limited use, costs about $50 per use imperial hauberks? That's not a fair comparison, especially since those will be either titanese or imperial weave. I've made both, I've got stats for both.

I admit, I personally don't use the spell even though I have it (and every spell, almost all the feats, and still 7 free slots), but I'd rather have armor all the time and not have to worry about it. Plus I go for a low hindrance/protection clownsuit rather than "the best".

Naniaki Felyran

"I have faith in the current crop of GMs to not screw people over"

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Regalia and armor techs needed 01/19/2019 08:21 AM CST

Sorry, I mispoke. I meant to say titanese hauberk. Seems a bit insane to me that, for only 4k plat you can get a titanese huaberk that always protects better than the useless Regalia spell that takes 7 spell slots to make it as good as it can possibly be, and still far far off a hauberk for 4k that any trader 50th level worth his salt should be able to afford.

Not sure what you mean about limited use when talking about a store bought hauberk, but I wouldn't be surprised to see if imperial hauberk is $50 (actually I'm guessing more). But then again, shouldn't be that hard for a trader to buy passes for plats.

Conclusion: the spell you don't use, and I regret getting, sucks. Costs 7 slots and a technique slot, to make it it's absolute best. Compared to other guilds who are magic tertiary who have much much less costly and much much more effective defensive spells.

Not surprised there aren't many Traders with this sort of unbalance.