Why can't I cast finesse when I clearly can. 05/08/2018 01:26 PM CDT
When Trader magic was in preview and I discerned the Finesse spell, rather than being informed by the discern how much I could case the spell for, I was informed that "I don't think you can cast this spell." I just assumed because magic was in preview I would learn what I could case Finesse for once the preview was over and I learned the spell. Still, when I do a discern I still get "I don't think you can cast this spell," but I can cast this spell. What is the issue with the discern not informing me of how much I can cast the spell for?

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game. Michael Jordan
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/game
Re: Why can't I cast finesse when I clearly can. 05/08/2018 02:00 PM CDT
DISCERN is only an approximation and does not take luck factors (either Luck attribute or actual RNG player luck), and beyond that has some sort of problematic variable that baffles the hell out of me. Theoretically it should be running through the same calculations as an actual spell cast but something weird happens particularly at low skill levels.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: Why can't I cast finesse when I clearly can. 05/08/2018 04:54 PM CDT
>Theoretically it should be running through the same calculations as an actual spell cast but something weird happens particularly at low skill levels.

So what you're saying is... it's magic?
Re: Why can't I cast finesse when I clearly can. 05/08/2018 05:02 PM CDT

Speculating here... but I'm thinking he's shortchanged himself in his dealings with the math...
Re: Why can't I cast finesse when I clearly can. 05/08/2018 09:18 PM CDT
Thank you for the reply.

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game. Michael Jordan
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/game